The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired

They can't play hard every game of the season anymore. Their age has showed all year on back to backs.

I think Danny and Doc thought they would end up with the 2nd seed,so they traded Perk.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired

They had similar problems last season.  Although, it started even earlier in the season.  Many of us last year thought they had no chance of getting very far in the playoffs.  They surprised us all.   Hopefully, this season will be the same. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I don't like the mindset of turning it on come playoff time.  You never know when the other team could get hot or the refs could swallow or get whistle happy.  The goal was HCA and it should still be that!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is the goal until it cannot be done.  After last season we know the season is not over if we don't get HCA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired:
    [QUOTE]They can't play hard every game of the season anymore. Their age has showed all year on back to backs.   I think Danny and Doc thought they would end up with the 2nd seed,so they traded Perk.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

The oldest of them all will be back and fresh within the next week.  Krstic will move to the second unit - it will consist of Krstic, Green, West, Baby, and one of the big 3 and then they will mysteriously start winning again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired : The oldest of them all will be back and fresh within the next week.  Krstic will move to the second unit - it will consist of Krstic, Green, West, Baby, and one of the big 3 and then they will mysteriously start winning again.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Just take Dude's note: while everyone thinks the Celtics is done, Dud said it first.They will start winning again.

Rondo's confession is done. Start the ball game and Celtics is ready to rumble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In the past 24 hours this forum just totally exploded.

People need to take a deep breathe and realize that this has happened before and we were told it was likely to happen again.

Not surprised

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

let me re-phrase your title: The celtics are slumping, and rondo needs a break. The big three is shooting barely above 10% from the field and are slumping heavily, not finishing at the basket, and shots are just not falling. Rondo needs a break not only from 40 minutes a game, but from all the haters on this forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i remember this post last yr too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]i remember this post last yr too. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Exactly, they lost a bunch of games that left us all scrathing our collective heads and many jumped off the bandwagon and then a couple of months later they were playing in Game 7 of the finals.

Rondo needs a time out and a week off.

They have already basically said they are willing to tank games, um, I mean manage minutes, so why actually do it.  Sit Rondo for the next 5 games and max out the BIG 3 at 25 mpg.

Shaq will come back fresh, maybe J O can give them 6 fouls, Krstic goes to the second unit that will include Green, Baby, and West and they will be just fine.

Now of course if Shaq doesn't come back, then I think it is a house of cards that ends in the second round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired : Exactly, they lost a bunch of games that left us all scrathing our collective heads and many jumped off the bandwagon and then a couple of months later they were playing in Game 7 of the finals. Rondo needs a time out and a week off. They have already basically said they are willing to tank games, um, I mean manage minutes, so why actually do it.  Sit Rondo for the next 5 games and max out the BIG 3 at 25 mpg. Shaq will come back fresh, maybe J O can give them 6 fouls, Krstic goes to the second unit that will include Green, Baby, and West and they will be just fine. Now of course if Shaq doesn't come back, then I think it is a house of cards that ends in the second round.
    Last year at this time people were jumping off bridges all over New England then  durring the finals we were the greatest team ever put togather.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired : Last year at this time people were jumping off bridges all over New England then  durring the finals we were the greatest team ever put togather.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Exactly.......

My only caveat is without Shaq it somply does not matter what else happens....

Bynum is playing out of his mind, if Bynum played like this in the finals last year it would have been 5 games and we would not have to keep hearing about how not having Perk cost them a ring and of course if Perk had been there and still lost it would of course be the refs.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics are old and Rondo is tired : Exactly....... My only caveat is without Shaq it somply does not matter what else happens.... Bynum is playing out of his mind, if Bynum played like this in the finals last year it would have been 5 games and we would not have to keep hearing about how not having Perk cost them a ring and of course if Perk had been there and still lost it would of course be the refs.....

1st point every one misses is Miami or Chicago are both talented enough to sneak a game on our home court and we could loose home court anyway. If I had my way yes I would like home court but would rather have 10 healthy bodies.  Shaq does not need as much of a tune up as J/O would. Being a Celtics fan with this team is like being the bull on the hill. Wait for the right time to strike.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

SHUT DOWN RONDO, PAUL, RAY AND KG  They are resting in the game and it is making me sick, they do not have concentration enough to compete.  Let them rest I would rather see Davis, Krstic, West, Green, and somebody else play.  The the big 4 rest for two weeks and doc can rest with them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

My post was this is the main reason they are struggling. There are no back to back in the playoffs,so that helps them alot.
     I was worried last year,because they were headed for a 2nd round matchup against Lebron.
    I would like to avoid Lebron in the 2nd round this year.
    Miami is the team I fear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

boredom

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Notrade,
    Your fear of Miami is based on what?

The Celtics are old and good.  Miami is young and full of losers.

Advantage: Celtics

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

ignore notrade, he's a bandwagon fan and when there is a bump in the road he runs screaming for Momma and heads back to the Pats forum. It's not surprising to me to read that he has a Lebron James infatuation. He is a superstar worshipper who thinks that championships equate to supreme talent not team ball and mental discipline. Yes, I know that even in the 60s we learned this lesson when Bill Russell consistently beat the supremely talented Wilt Chamberlain, but I'm guessing notrade is not a student of history given that he can't even remember how the Celtics slumped last year before moving to the finals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Let them rest I would rather see Davis, Krstic, West, Green, and somebody else play."

Even if we lose every game the next two weeks? Fortunately our coach understands that rest and winning games for a good record are two tasks that must be balanced. Doc is taking a much smarter path than you: he's working in more rest for our starters as more guys get healthy. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Notrade, Your fear of Miami is based on what? The Celtics are old and good.  Miami is young and full of losers. Advantage: Celtics
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Miami are the primary threat to the Celtics. That is the Bulls. Who are young and good, and very well coached.