The Celtics shop free agency for bigs

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs

Three guys left off that list of centers; Aaron Gray ($1.125M) who has a player option with NO and free agents Kwame Brown ($1.2M) and Joel Przybilla ($7.4M) with Charlotte. Watch what Danny doesn't say ... not what he does say.

Sherrod @ CSNNE did report the following regarding centers that would fit nicely with the C's:

Best fits for the C's: Brown, Krstic or Mohammed.

Why Brown?  Say what you want about Kwame, but the one thing you can count on with this former No. 1 overall pick is that he's going to do a good job defensively. Remember, he would have been a Celtic last season instead of Shaquille O'Neal if he didn't balk at the C's initial offer - the veteran's minimum - that ultimately went to Shaq. Considering Chandler and Dalembert are likely to sign with their respective teams or a big-dollar contract elsewhere, Brown is one of the few reasonably priced big men who has a skillset that would easily fit in with this current crop of Celtics.

Why Krstic? When he was healthy, Krstic was a force in terms of scoring as well as grabbing offensive rebounds - something the Celtics have been horrible at the past few years. But with a likely lockout on the horizon, Krstic may very well look more closely at returning to Europe and play which would be a big loss for the C's. In addition to his offensive rebounding, Krstic has a nice perimeter game for a center that helps space the floor better for Boston.

Why Mohammed? He's a veteran who has played for some of the best coaches in the game, including one of Doc Rivers' mentors, Larry Brown. Mohammed doesn't do any thing exceptionally well. But he can score around the basket, he plays decent defense and while he's not a great rebounder, he doesn't suck, either. Mohammed wouldn't be the Celtics first choice at center. But when you consider the C's will likely add at least two veteran centers - and that's assuming that both O'Neals call it quits - Mohammed wouldn't be a bad center coming off the end of your bench.

Others deserving strong consideration: Collins, Williams, Gadzuric and Elson.

http://www.csnne.com/06/01/11/Celtics-Free-Agent-Primer-Centers/landing_celtics.html?blockID=531221&feedID=3945

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I'm not dreaming .... Just the facts ma'am, just the facts! You're the fraud calling out others when you make predictions like DH and Rivers which is nothing more than pie in the sky .... Doink!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

C's shopping for another SG as well:

Shortly after the draft ended, Celtics general manager Danny Ainge called Brown and expressed his interest in signing him to a free-agent deal. Brown said Ainge told him the Celtics had to make a decision between Brown and Purdue guard E'Twaun Moore with their second-round selection, the 55th overall in the draft. They chose Moore, but he wanted Brown to know that he was still interested.

"I'm definitely encouraged that the Celtics were interested," Brown said Friday afternoon. "I was talking to them all day. They said it was the flip of a coin when it came time to make the pick."

Ainge and other NBA general managers will not sign free agents to deals anytime soon, however, because NBA owners are expected to lock out players July 1 if the league and its players union cannot resolve their labor dispute.

For the time being, Brown will resume workouts in Las Vegas and Los Angeles. If the lockout is not settled by August, Brown will sign a contract to play overseas for a team in Germany. Brown's agent, T.J. Doyle, would not disclose the name of the team because he is in the process of negotiating an opt-out clause in the contract that would allow Brown to return once the labor dispute ends.

Boston is not the only team interested in bringing Brown to training camp. Phoenix and a few others have reached out, but Brown is leaning toward the Celtics because of the 30-minute conversation he had with Ainge early Friday morning.

"He really encouraged me," Brown said. "He told me I could be the Wesley Matthews of this draft. Of all the teams I worked out for, Danny was the most excited to have me in. He really feels like I can make their team and contribute the first year. He was really confident in my ability. He felt like I stood out in my workout."

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gilbert-Brown-5150/

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Dwight Howard has to want to play here ....

Austin Rivers has to be available when the C's pick and Ainge, Doc or Austin may not want to Doc to coach his own son or Austin may not want to be coached by his dad. That may not be the best scenario for all three parties.

So again, both are Cindarella fantasy stories by the word weasel but as you said plausible though not likely just as KG and RA aren't likely to resign for the vet minimum anytime soon .... AHAHA!!!!

When you gonna post something credible rather than your BS bet collecting crap, LA Troll Mud and attacking other posters ideas ... you have no substance and post crap after crap everyday ... this board would be so much better if you just read and lost your keyboard in favor of Keystone. How bout it .... have a Keystone!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

They won't play for the vet minimum if they still have talent, desire and options to play for more elsewhere.

And if they will take short $ for another trophy then why didn't your boy Pierce give the C's a deal .... he even held out for an extra year like a bloodsucker for taking a $5M cut from his prior contract if I remember correctly. More than championships on his mind and it seems to be money ... right?

That's proof enough that your pipe dream is just that .... a Cinderella story for Fierce34 .... No Credibility!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Yeah and you might turn into a pumpkin .... Goodnight Cinderella34!

The Fairytale is so appropriate for you ... maybe I'll start referring to you as Cinderella34 all the time as you are always checking out other posters' private files as Rico said.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

LOL .... you're starting to look like Jake LaMotta .... Hands up!

You getting tire, too much Keystone or did the carriage turn into a pumpkin and you tired from walking home in your high heals .... HAHAHAHA!!!

Nighty night Cinderella34, don't let the bedbugs bite!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

after you leave ... you haven't left .... I'm still here ... you're too drunk to know when you're getting the life kicked out of your butt .... I can go all night .... want a broken nose?

I'm getting bored as you put up such a lame fight ... people will never forgive me for kicking the sheet out of you when you're down.

Just say uncle or better yet, Perv34 is a fraud, liar and crybaby .... which do you prefer, Fraud34 or Cinderella34? I like Cinderella34 as it's so fitting, isn't it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs:
    [QUOTE]after you leave ... you haven't left .... I'm still here ... you're too drunk to know when you're getting the life kicked out of your butt .... I can go all night .... want a broken nose? I'm getting bored as you put up such a lame fight ... people will never forgive me for kicking the sheet out of you when you're down. Just say uncle or better yet, Perv34 is a fraud, liar and crybaby .... which do you prefer, Fraud34 or Cinderella34? I like Cinderella34 as it's so fitting, isn't it?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Listen to yourself. You didn't win one single argument tonight and you're talking like a bully. In reality you're a bully that got bullied tonight.Embarassed

At first you said Howard and Austin Rivers are just a dream. But in the end you admitted that there is a 5% chance they'll end up in Boston.

You said Pitino did nothing. After Fierce showed proof that it was Pitino who had the authority to draft Pierce you did a 360 and backtracked.

The icing on the cake is you saying who cares about what guys like Red-16Russ-11 say about you. You're trying to convince people here that Fierce is a fraud, but you are telling those same people that you don't care about what they say. LOL

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

ConnectingRod is the best Muse you've got ... and he can't see the forest for the trees ... Funny sheet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I just hooope that they will go after good vets this year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics shop free agency for bigs : Sorry, I don't like him, and I don't think he's worth the money.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I have been conflicted too.

I think that the problem with Dwight is that his self perception is a little bigger than who he is.  But I believe that he will be worth it if the Celts can get him.  He is the best center in NBA today.

25. This post has been removed.