The Celtics stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

The Celtics stink

These guys are horrible.  Rondo, Bass and Steimsma have game.  Everyone else should be pushed off a cliff.  We are going nowhere this season; they stink.  We should be trading for a third 1st round draft pick.  Or package our draft picks with KGs huge salary for I don't know what, but we stink.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: The Celtics stink

Oh yeah:  Rondo still can't shoot free throws and is still turning down open Js because he lacks confidence in a basic jumper.  Sorry, I was never a natural athelete but I can make a better percentage than him on FGs and FTs and to me that is not acceptable.  Millions of dollars a year for a guy who can't even shoot basic basketball shots?  Puh-lease.  And don't get me started on Jermaine O'Neal the starting NBA center who averages 1 point and 1 rebound in 25 mins per game.  He is probably the worst center option we have had since the Kandi Man or Out-Of-Service Pervis (or who was that blond doofus with the stupid haircuts that Pitino brought in??).  I wonder how Gonad Kristic is doing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We might just take a shower and get the stink off, we will miss Dooling a lot tonight but tonight is a night for big minutes from the big four and a win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from okdude73401. Show okdude73401's posts

no energy,they dont care!trade garnett,piece,and allen,this team is going no where!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Did I mention that these guys stink?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics stink:
    [QUOTE]Did I mention that these guys stink?
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

What took you so long to work it out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I'm watching the rebroadcast of last night's game and this is absolutely horrible

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]I'm watching the rebroadcast of last night's game and this is absolutely horrible
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

Boston was never in it- that's the TRUTH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

That game against Indy was pathetic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

One as a Celtics fan who is now living out of town I can say thank god I didn't buy the NBA broadband package.   Two from what I saw in highlights I see that the Celtics are playing with effort they are missing a lot of shots they would have made last year.   Three they are giving up way too many offensive rebounds.   Three they play good initial defense but they need to complete the sequence by getting the defensive rebound.   Finally from what I see lack of training camp has showed big time with the Celtics.   I wish the season would have started about now.   Instead of starting the season on Christmas day they should have played less games say mabye 55 game season instead of 66 games and have a real training camp and a real preseason.   The overall quality of play right now would have been better.   Plus with NBA broadband at $169 was a no go from the beginning.  Mabye $99 would have been a better deal

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Tom, you're giving them way too much credit.  Trust me, I'm a long-time NBA fan who bleeds green and these guys are an embarassment.  KG is old and no longer an NBA starter.  Ray-Ray can shoot jumpers and free throws and provides literally nothing else.  He is a total liability when handling the ball.  Pierce is very rusty and it is glaring.  He seems to be a horse and will round into some kind of form, but Deng made him look bad the other night.  Young defenders are salivating at the chance to stuff him.  Jermaine is a joke and I won't even waste any more keystrokes on that topic.  Rondo is a great point guard who has serious flaws; namely, jump shooting and free throws.  He causes offensive problems because he simply refuses to shoot open jumpers.  He has zero confidence in his ability to take a shot and defenders LAUGH at him over it.  Those flaws are totally exposed with an aging team.  When Rondo sits the offense completely stops.  Dooling can't run an offense.  Steimsma can play but evidently Doc can't find him any minutes.  Avery Bradley should be waived.  Brandon Bass is the bright spot.  Can't really report on the rest of the team because Doc is too stupid to play them.  Pietrus will make a few shots but I need to get a little better chance to see him.  This is a train wreck and I wonder if it's not deliberate.  We have a big draft coming up and the C's are positioned nicely if they tank.  Danny isn't an idiot so I have to think this is deliberate.

Each guy needs to be a step faster and then the whole would be greater than the sum of its parts.  (And Rondo needs to get a jump shot or at least TAKE open jumpers with a modicum of confidence.  He PANICS when the jumper shows.)

Best wishes from Boston for a long and futile season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

If OKC plays anywhere near it's potential...it's lights out Celtics!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Can you say lottery ball?....I'm sure you can.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

From the words of the bum from 'Waterboy' about the Celtics this year:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v4jGSvxCRp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics stink : Only brings us closer to Anthony Davis.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Baron Davis!

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishDrunk. Show IrishDrunk's posts

Face it Celtic fans - Boston sucks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

A lottery pick won't help because Doc Rivers won't let that lottery pick play. 

Rivers would have left Larry Bird on the bench in his rookie season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Right now, yes the dooo. They smell even here in Vt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Just because a Celtics fan said I shouldn't be so quick to give up I decided yesterday I would give them ten games more before I threw in the towel.  After last night I changed my mind back to my original view.  They can't beat a good team.  I don't care if they catch fire; they CAN'T beat a good team because they're not a good team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]A lottery pick won't help because Doc Rivers won't let that lottery pick play.  Rivers would have left Larry Bird on the bench in his rookie season.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Doc not playing rookies no matter how good they may be.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Did I mention these guys stink?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

This is no fun for me at all.  This season is a disappointing mess.  Blow it up or tank PLEASE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

This team should have been blown up after the loss to the Lakers (2009-10) in the NBA Finals. Maybe then we could have gotten something for our aging, injury-prone superstars. The rebounding and turnovers are awful and Rondo is really the only one who can reliably bring the ball up. It's just that he usually can't be trusted to hit free throws late in games. We give the ball to Pierce in late-game situations cause he can hit free throws, but he's just as apt to have the ball stripped trying to beat the double team or throw the ball into the stands. Maybe they'll make the playoffs, but with this lineup they'll never make it past Philly, Indiana, Atlanta, Chicago or Miami in the East. Out in the West there are probably 4 or 5 teams that are better than the Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am sure a couple years ago the same things were being said all the way to the finals.