The Celtics Summer League roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Celtics Summer League roster

F Tim Abromaitis: A 6-foot-8, 236-pound former Notre Dame forward who played three seasons for the Fighting Irish, lastly in 2011-12, when he averaged 14 points and 7 rebounds in just two games before tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. The Unionville, Conn., native was denied a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA. He finished his college career averaging 13.7 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.

G/F Courtney Fells: A 6-foot-6, 210-pound former North Carolina State swingman who has played professionally overseas in the Dominican Republic, Cyprus and, most recently, Israel, where he averaged 11.1 points in 34 games last season.

G Jayson Granger: A 6-foot-2, 180-pound point guard from Uruguay who played professionally in Spain last season, averaging 12.6 points in 24 games.

F Lawrence Hill: A 6-foot-8, 235-pound former Stanford forward who has bounced around the NBDL and played professionally in Israel last season, where he averaged 12.8 points per game in 27 games. He has also played for the Maine Red Claws and participated with the Sacramento Kings during their 2011 training camp.

C/F Eli Holman: A 6-foot-10, 255-pound former center/forward for the Detroit Titans of the Horizon League. He played three seasons for the Titans, averaging 10.8 points and 7.0 rebounds during his last season, in 2011-12. Was removed from all team-related activities for an indefinite period following an incident in which he allegedly assaulted a student at Detroit.

C Colton Iverson: A 7-foot, 255-pound center whom the Celtics acquired in the NBA draft. Iverson was selected by Indiana in the second round with the No. 53 overall pick, and the Celtics traded for him, giving the Pacers cash in exchange. He averaged 14.2 points and 9.8 rebounds last season at Colorado State. He sat out 2011-12 after leaving the University of Minnesota after three seasons.

G Darius Johnson-Odom: A 6-foot-2, 215-pound guard from Marquette who was drafted in the second round (55th overall) by Dallas in 2012. The Los Angeles Lakers acquired him in a draft-day trade with Dallas, and he played four games with them last season before the Lakers waived him in January. He also played in 13 games with the Los Angeles D-Fenders, an NBDL team, and averaged a team-high 20.6 points.

C Fab Melo: A 7-foot, 255-pound center entering his second season with the Celtics. A first-round draft pick out of Syracuse in 2012. Appeared in six games with the Celtics last season, averaging 1.2 points in limited minutes.

F Tony Mitchell: A 6-foot-6, 216-pound former Alabama standout who played with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA's Development League last season, earning NBDL Rookie of the Year honors after averaging a team-high 21.9 points as well as 6.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 1.4 steals and 35.3 minutes in 48 regular-season games.

C/F Kelly Olynyk: A 7-foot, 234-pound center/power forward out of Gonzaga whom the Celtics acquired in the 2013 NBA draft. The Celtics traded up three spots, from No. 16 to No. 13, to select him in the first round. He averaged 17.8 points and 7.3 rebounds in 32 games last season as a junior, earning West Coast Conference Player of the Year honors.

G Phill Pressey: A 5-foot-11, 176-pound point guard who left Missouri as a junior after averaging 11.9 points and a league-best 7.1 assists per game. He was under consideration for the Bob Cousy Award as the best collegiate point guard in the country as a sophomore when he averaged 10.1 points and 6.4 assists on a team that went 30-5. His father, Paul, a former NBA player himself, was an assistant coach for the Celtics on Doc River's staff. During that time, Pressey played one year at Waltham High.

G/F Omar Reed: A 6-foot-6, 210-pound swingman who played for the NBDL's Maine Red Claws last season, averaging 5.4 points in 44 games. He played at Bluefield College in Virginia, a small, Christian liberal arts school in Tazewell County.

G Nolan Smith: A 6-foot-2, 185-pound shooting guard out of Duke who was drafted in the first round (21st overall) by the Portland Trailblazers in 2011. He averaged 3.3 points in 9.9 minutes per game with the Trailblazers the last two seasons. He is an unrestricted free agent. He won a national title with the Blue Devils in 2010.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2013/07/a_quick_look_at_the_celtics_summer_league_roster.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: The Celtics Summer League roster

This looks better than pass summer league rosters.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Last year was better.

Sully, Moore, Kris Joseph, Jamar Smith, and Dionte Christmas.

[/QUOTE]

i don't know?

olynyk

iverson

pressey...that's 3 guy's that might make our team...just watching them 3 get's me pumped.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Tony Mitchell is good too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I got to admit, I kinda feel like a geek knowing I will be recording the Sun 11 a.m. game. I like the format with a "championship" game. It the last actual scrimagesnwe'll see til  Oct or so.Don't do baseball or hockey. At least the Patsl starts in Aug.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Tony Mitchell highlights....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0JAQW5QVBo

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

More Tony Mitchell highlights.....he reminds me of Tony Allen.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plSTyxzaYvo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Last year was better.

Sully, Moore, Kris Joseph, Jamar Smith, and Dionte Christmas.

[/QUOTE]

i don't know?

olynyk

iverson

pressey...that's 3 guy's that might make our team...just watching them 3 get's me pumped.

[/QUOTE]

Iverson will play in Europe this year.

Pressey might make the team.

Olynyk is the only quality player on that team.

Not sure about Tony Mitchell.

[/QUOTE]

are we sure iverson is going overseas? i read in the herald the other day he didn't know if he was going? i'll go look for the link....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/brian_scalabrine_lends_a_big_hand_to_kelly_olynyk

Though there has been talk that Iverson will delay his NBA acclimation by playing in Europe next season, the 7-foot rookie arrived yesterday with a mindset of deflecting any mention of that possibility.

“As of right now, it’s been a discussion, but I’m trying to be part of the (Celtics) organization,” he said. “They drafted me for a reason.”

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/07/brian_scalabrine_lends_a_big_hand_to_kelly_olynyk#sthash.sQeEFe5C.dpuf

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

maybe with stevens here things might change? not sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i don't think mitchell has a chance...our roster is to full..even if we trade players there's no room...plus i think we will get datome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

It wasn't too long ago that scouts touted Phill Pressey as a can't-miss point guard prospect with a bright NBA future. I'm excited to see if he can blossom for the Celtics and maybe be that legitimate backup point guard the Celtics have lacked the last several years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Not exactly - he's 6'8"/6'9", has better body control, better finisher with either hand, seems to have a jump shot, so all in all, not a Tony Allen-type. Mitchell has a better all around game, but he's not in the league (yet?) and TA is.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

It wasn't too long ago that scouts touted Phill Pressey as a can't-miss point guard prospect with a bright NBA future. I'm excited to see if he can blossom for the Celtics and maybe be that legitimate backup point guard the Celtics have lacked the last several years.

Totally. 

I'm a huge Rondo fan and I don't expect Rondo to be replaced. But I've seen Presseys game and it is astounding. This kis has skill, I really hope Danny keeps him.

The biggest issue now is spots on the roster. Dannys got a lot of work to do. We can't have three non-Celtics taking up spots that could be given to prospects, now that we have no urgency to win.

Wallace, Humphries, Bogans, Brooks, Joseph. Thats five spots with this trade. I hope we can find a new home for Hump right away. Maybe we can package Brooks & Wallace in a deal?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Totally. 

I'm a huge Rondo fan and I don't expect Rondo to be replaced. But I've seen Presseys game and it is astounding. This kis has skill, I really hope Danny keeps him.

The biggest issue now is spots on the roster. Dannys got a lot of work to do. We can't have three non-Celtics taking up spots that could be given to prospects, now that we have no urgency to win.

Wallace, Humphries, Bogans, Brooks, Joseph. Thats five spots with this trade. I hope we can find a new home for Hump right away. Maybe we can package Brooks & Wallace in a deal?

I'd keep Brooks until it's determined that he's not having a breakout year.  He's young and hasn't had the amount of consistent pt that would give him a positive comfort level. This might be the right coach for him. The rest?  Bye-bye.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to painter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not exactly - he's 6'8"/6'9", has better body control, better finisher with either hand, seems to have a jump shot, so all in all, not a Tony Allen-type. Mitchell has a better all around game, but he's not in the league (yet?) and TA is.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. He looks really good.