The Celtics win! But did they?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

The Celtics win! But did they?

The Celtics won the game, but the big three played big minutes again. I know we needed the win, but thinking long term this may not be the best time to go to an 8 player rotation.

Pierce   34.34
    Garnett 36.11
    Allen     44.13

Most likely the same thing for the Knicks game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: The Celtics win! But did they?

In Response to The Celtics win! But did they?:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics won the game, but the big three played big minutes again. I know we needed the win, but thinking long term this may not be the best time to go to an 8 player rotation. Pierce   34.34 Garnett 36.11 Allen     44.13 Most likely the same thing for the Knicks game.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

Simple answer, give Jeff Green, Delonte, and Baby more minutes, and even start one or two of them if needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Celts go on a win streak remember this game against the Hornets. 

The win tonight is an example of a veteran team overcoming adversity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: The Celtics win! But did they?:
    [QUOTE]If the Celts go on a win streak remember this game against the Hornets.  The win tonight is an example of a veteran team overcoming adversity.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You tell'em buddy!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics win! But did they? : Simple answer, give Jeff Green, Delonte, and Baby more minutes, and even start one or two of them if needed.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Agree

and get Shaq back!

This should be the mins down the stetch

C - Kristic 32, Shaq 8, Baby 8
    PF - KG 24, Baby 18, Green 4
    SF - Pierce, 20, Green 28
    SG - Ray 30, Pierce 12, Delonte 6
    PG - Rondo 30, Delonte 18

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

One game with big minutes is fine. I think big three like the win more than less minutes played. This is the time to get the team ready for playoffs and get better seed. The team needs to be mentally and physically prepared.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

There's always something to complain about, huh?   Doc has no balls as he won't sit rondo.  Rondo stinks.  KG has been punked.  PP needs to be taken out and let Green play. Ray plays too many minutes.  etc, etc, etc.

The fact is we desperately needed a win and Doc coached to get that win.  I believe he has tried resting folks but the team was getting too many losses and he went for the win tonight.  I'm glad he did.  We needed it.

West and Green and BBD are tremendous subs and Krstic is now showing his true colors - few points and few rebounds in the last few games.   I still like him, but the heart and soul of the team will be the Big 4, Shaq, West, BBD, and Green.  By the end of the year, these guys will carry us to a championship!

Way to go tonight, Doc and team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]There's always something to complain about, huh?   Doc has no balls as he won't sit rondo.  Rondo stinks.  KG has been punked.  PP needs to be taken out and let Green play. Ray plays too many minutes.  etc, etc, etc. The fact is we desperately needed a win and Doc coached to get that win.  I believe he has tried resting folks but the team was getting too many losses and he went for the win tonight.  I'm glad he did.  We needed it. West and Green and BBD are tremendous subs and Krstic is now showing his true colors - few points and few rebounds in the last few games.   I still like him, but the heart and soul of the team will be the Big 4, Shaq, West, BBD, and Green.  By the end of the year, these guys will carry us to a championship! Way to go tonight, Doc and team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

That is how I feel, verbatim.  Some people are addicted to complaining.  This win was just what the DOC ordered, pun fully intended.  ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I think Doc should still work in Arroyo.  Dont complain about Krstic when the whole starting unit hit a wall these past few games.  Pavlovic and Murphy will see some more time in the next few games.  The starters will still need rest down the stretch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics win! But did they? : Agree and get Shaq back! This should be the mins down the stetch C - Kristic 32, Shaq 8, Baby 8 PF - KG 24, Baby 18, Green 4 SF - Pierce, 20, Green 28 SG - Ray 30, Pierce 12, Delonte 6 PG - Rondo 30, Delonte 18
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Celtics win! But did they? : Agree and get Shaq back! This should be the mins down the stetch C - Kristic 32, Shaq 8, Baby 8 PF - KG 24, Baby 18, Green 4 SF - Pierce, 20, Green 28 SG - Ray 30, Pierce 12, Delonte 6 PG - Rondo 30, Delonte 18
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Yup this looks good.

With Shaq back that moves Nenad to a bench guy and him and Baby together just works nice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Celtic management may see a different picture now.

At the time of the trade the Celtics had a healthy lead over the Bulls in the east and Miami, was well... Miami. In addition, in the West, it looked like the Spurs or the Mavericks were going to be the team to beat in the finals.

The trade for Green and Krstic under these conditions.

Since the trade, the Lakers demolished the Spurs in San Antonio, making it look like boredom was the real opponent for most of the year.

With the likelihood of the Lakers coming out of the west, and playing well now, the Celtics can no longer afford to lose games that way that they have recently. As a result, Doc may feel that he has to play for home court advantage, not just against the Bulls, but also the Lakers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]There's always something to complain about, huh?   Doc has no balls as he won't sit rondo.  Rondo stinks.  KG has been punked.  PP needs to be taken out and let Green play. Ray plays too many minutes.  etc, etc, etc. The fact is we desperately needed a win and Doc coached to get that win.  I believe he has tried resting folks but the team was getting too many losses and he went for the win tonight.  I'm glad he did.  We needed it. West and Green and BBD are tremendous subs and Krstic is now showing his true colors - few points and few rebounds in the last few games.   I still like him, but the heart and soul of the team will be the Big 4, Shaq, West, BBD, and Green.  By the end of the year, these guys will carry us to a championship! Way to go tonight, Doc and team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You start your post with " There is always something to complain about, huh" Then rip into Kristic.. your a real smaty

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to The Celtics win! But did they?:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics won the game, but the big three played big minutes again. I know we needed the win, but thinking long term this may not be the best time to go to an 8 player rotation. Pierce   34.34 Garnett 36.11 Allen     44.13 Most likely the same thing for the Knicks game.
    Posted by paulbrr7[/QUOTE]

I think it is kind of funny how Doc says he is going to manage the minutes, etc. but then he realizes that if he manages the minutes downward they have no chance of winning.  So he is actually kind of in a tough spot.

I think he needs to sit Rondo and manage the BIG 3 to only 30 minutes and if that means they lose, then they lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics win! But did they? : I think it is kind of funny how Doc says he is going to manage the minutes, etc. but then he realizes that if he manages the minutes downward they have no chance of winning.  So he is actually kind of in a tough spot. I think he needs to sit Rondo and manage the BIG 3 to only 30 minutes and if that means they lose, then they lose.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I agree!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Celtics win! But did they? : I think it is kind of funny how Doc says he is going to manage the minutes, etc. but then he realizes that if he manages the minutes downward they have no chance of winning.  So he is actually kind of in a tough spot. I think he needs to sit Rondo and manage the BIG 3 to only 30 minutes and if that means they lose, then they lose.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I would like to see more of the Green, Davis, Krystic. West and Arroyo or Sasha play more togather. I like West I think this kid put his past behind him. He worked so hard this year to come back and be ready each time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This was an amazing win on a second night of two away back to backs.  This is how a team rights itself when on a bad track.  Playing some extra minutes for the starters revealed maybe the bench guys are more effective now and need more minutes. Be sure Pierce will frothing at the mouth to right his last few off nights in NY.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]This was an amazing win on a second night of two away back to backs.  This is how a team rights itself when on a bad track.  Playing some extra minutes for the starters revealed maybe the bench guys are more effective now and need more minutes. Be sure Pierce will frothing at the mouth to right his last few off nights in NY.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Pierce loves playin in the Gaaaaden

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The Celtics win, but did they? Yes, they learned that thier key reserves is Green, West and Davis.  We still need one more guy, I guess Krstic when Shaq comes back!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Lakers have 20 losses and the Celtics have 19 losses. They need home court for the finals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It will be very close.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers get HCA against us if we should meet in the finals.  Lakers play the rest of this month at home with only Dallas and Portland as the only "possibly" tough games.  Then, they have to play SA and OKC and Denver in their last 8, but all of those tough games are at home.  Their back to backs are against Golden State and Sac.  GS might challenge them but SAC won't.   

Lakers have a slightly easier path.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]This was an amazing win on a second night of two away back to backs.  This is how a team rights itself when on a bad track.  Playing some extra minutes for the starters revealed maybe the bench guys are more effective now and need more minutes. Be sure Pierce will frothing at the mouth to right his last few off nights in NY.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    If Shaq comes back, the 3 guys who came off the bench against the Hornets plus Krstyk may round out the playoff rotation. I could live with that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

n Response to Re: The Celtics win! But did they?:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics win, but did they? Yes, they learned that thier key reserves is Green, West and Davis.  We still need one more guy, I guess Krstic when Shaq comes back!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Missed your post and essentially repeated it. guess that makes me an unintentional plagiarist.