The Collins "Experiment"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: The Collins

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know we are talking about basketball here, not rocket science.  I get sick  about hearing people having to learn how to rotate and learn some offensive plays, etc.  Are these guys this stupid?   This is not that hard too learn.   I guess most NBA players would have a hard time working in the chemical plant I work at.  Way to much to learn too fast.  Well maybe they could mop the floors. 

[/QUOTE]

If you play the game, you know that its not rocket science but it is FAST.  One can "think" about it like chess but your body has to react fast so you have to learn to do it instinctually and quickly and effectively.  That is learned behavior, not just something anyone can do.

By the way, all the time you think you know it, the opposition is also thinking and reacting with speed and agility.   So, even when you learn it, you have to learn the nuances of when to abandon the play because the opposition has reacted and the situation is not right.

Its always easy for us to Monday morning quarterback each play.  Its not so easy to do it when the guy opposite you is 6'5", 240lbs, and fast and can jump over the moon or shoot the lights out.

[/QUOTE]

And you just listed how to play the game of BASKETBALL,  not nuclear physics.    In other words your a basketball player or your not. You know these guys do this  all day every day. Its not like HS or college where they only get a few hours.  Its their profession.  You may think its a very hard thing mentally,  I for one think that part is way over rated.  After all,  how much can happen in 24 seconds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well he should at least be in when Garnett is resting.

only other big man who attempts to play defense inside.

I doubt he can come close to playing 20 min a game on a regular basis though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Since our defense has looked more like swiss cheese on people getting layups I think Doc finally realizede we need to do something to stop it , even if it meant playing someone that their offensive game is on the level of a high school player.  Not much different than when Perk was playing there.  Neither one possess a jumpshot, although Perk has worked on it from what I have seen recently.   I would stay with Thompson until we have someone to replace him with.  Surely he will rebound better than he did against Cleveland.  Can't get much worse. I don't understand not using wilcox at all.  He is after all the 3rd biggest player we have.  His defense is bad but he can score a little.  

Doc always plays with his rotations,  but most of the time I don't agree with them.  Not saying I know more than Doc but we have 3 bigs and don't play more than 2 of them a game.  We get killed on the boards and our interior defense, yet we will continue to not use the bigs.  I would like someone to explain that to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since our defense has looked more like swiss cheese on people getting layups I think Doc finally realizede we need to do something to stop it , even if it meant playing someone that their offensive game is on the level of a high school player.  Not much different than when Perk was playing there.  Neither one possess a jumpshot, although Perk has worked on it from what I have seen recently.   I would stay with Thompson until we have someone to replace him with.  Surely he will rebound better than he did against Cleveland.  Can't get much worse. I don't understand not using wilcox at all.  He is after all the 3rd biggest player we have.  His defense is bad but he can score a little.  

Doc always plays with his rotations,  but most of the time I don't agree with them.  Not saying I know more than Doc but we have 3 bigs and don't play more than 2 of them a game.  We get killed on the boards and our interior defense, yet we will continue to not use the bigs.  I would like someone to explain that to me.

[/QUOTE]

I would like someone to explain to me why we can't play Melo some. Yes, I know, he's raw. But just stick Melo in the paint and let him get 5 fouls. Let him swat. Let him get blocks. And give him layups on the offensive end if they don't defend him. I'm not saying he's out starting center in game 7 playoffs ... but that Cav's game? He could have played.