The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer

Like Mark Cuban is going to trade Roddy, one of his favorite players on that Mavs roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer:
    [QUOTE]This falls under the obvious as Nate has shown an inability to handle point duties. One guy that would be an absolute steal and is absolutely obtainable is Rodrigue Beaubois. He is a Rondo clone with a way better shooting ability. He is currently unable to play due to an injury to one of his feet. Ainge would be wise to trade for this guy. http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/rodrigue-beaubois-1298/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eNw1XKVDg
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

What's good Tex? I forgot about that guy, he played well when he was with Dallas. He's pretty quick off the dribble.

I'd take him over Nate. What happened to him anyway?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer : What's good Tex? I forgot about that guy, he played well when he was with Dallas. He's pretty quick off the dribble. I'd take him over Nate. What happened to him anyway?
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

He's injured. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer : He's injured. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I think Darren Collison from UCLA would have been a good backup for Rondo also, but Indiana snatched him up quickly from the Hornets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Two things

We don't need a backup PG

No way the Mavs trade him

...and my proposals are crazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We don't need a backup PG" true - but we don't need Mikki Moore either.

"Ainge would be wise to trade for this guy."

Ainge would be an idiot for trading for this guy for a number of reasons. Have you noticed that Daniels is filling in pretty decently, and that West should be coming back. 

What Ainge would be wise to do is to do NOTHING and see how the season unfolds from here. You trade based on true need not based on one fan's infatuation. p.s. "Rondo clone" does Rondo a disservice, Rondo has his flaws but he's not someone you can simply clone - he did rack up an all time assists record this year if you'll recall. I doubt your boy Roddy will ever come close to that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

Strengths:
    -Transition play- Ability to create own shot- Advanced ball-handling skills- Ball-handling skills w/either hand- Lateral quickness- Man to man defense- Competitiveness- Ability to finish around basket- Athleticism- Excellent wingspan- Incredibly quick- Speed- 3-point range
    Weaknesses:- Not a true point guard- Out of control at times- Consistency- Backup/Fringe Starter?- Not productive enough- Ability to finish through contact- Inconsistent shooter

Other than the wingspan, doesn't this sound incredibly similar to Nate?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

no thanks, i rather have the kfc eating, free style rapping, and gun waving delonte west back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

In Response to The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer:
    [QUOTE]One guy that would be an absolute steal and is absolutely obtainable is Rodrigue Beaubois. [/QUOTE]

How can you say he's absolutely obtainable?  At one point last year Mark Cuban said "the only guy on our roster who's untouchable in a trade is Rodrigue Beaubois."

And we don't really need a backup pg.  When Rondo's healthy we're fine with Nate and Marquis backing up Rondo in limited minutes.  You can argue neither is a pg, but the fact is the team played great with that scenario.

If you do go out and get a pg to help fill-in while Rondo's injured the last thing you'd want is to bring in another injured guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we dont need a backup..forgot we signed Delonte West? we just need to get healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer : What's good Tex? I forgot about that guy, he played well when he was with Dallas. He's pretty quick off the dribble. I'd take him over Nate. What happened to him anyway?
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Hey Wayne how are things in Big "H". Apparently Beaubois had surgery on his foot. What is Beauvois, about a foot taller than Nate? This kid is a winner. The problem for him is that he is playing behind Kidd and Barea. I am not in panic mode about all of the C's injuries. I've seen the kid play and I know that he would help Boston get over the top. I would have made this post with or without the injuries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Here's another clip to explain why so many people in Dallas were begging for Beaubois to get more pt last year...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RouOHtIVvg0&feature=related

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2010/12/20/1884226/despite-his-absence-the-nba-should-not-sleep-on-beaubois-potential

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Can Cs get a backup pg from Turkey or any other country? Someone who can pass and shoot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

tyrone lue

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

tyrone lue--a virtual coach on the floor..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Can Cs get a backup pg from Turkey or any other country? Someone who can pass and shoot.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]

I thought that Alexey Shved (PG) was worth looking into. I also liked Tim Ohlbrecht(PF).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OMG - first you guys say DA doesn't draft well and should stay away from anyone under 6'5"........now you want him to trade for a backup PG........the only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing we need is a better backup at SF for Pierce.  I like Daniels, but he is too slim to handle MeBron..............West will be back, we will have West, Nate and Wafer with Daniels.......we need a rebounding, defending, don't-care-if-I-play-or-not backup SF!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh so now some are seeing a need for a backup PF that has more size and bulk than Quis. LOL!

Why does it take everyone so long to come around to my side. Yes some things I say are ahead of the curve but eventually most of them come to fruition.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Oh so now some are seeing a need for a backup PF that has more size and bulk than Quis. LOL! Why does it take everyone so long to come around to my side. Yes some things I say are ahead of the curve but eventually most of them come to fruition.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Marquis Daniels as PF? Are you high again?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Oh so now some are seeing a need for a backup PF that has more size and bulk than Quis. LOL! Why does it take everyone so long to come around to my side. Yes some things I say are ahead of the curve but eventually most of them come to fruition.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    Did you mean SF? If you did then I would have to say that I thought Lasme would have made a great backup to Pierce. I believe that Davis and Harangody are too small to be efficient backups to Garnett.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer : Did you mean SF? If you did then I would have to say that I thought Lasme would have made a great backup to Pierce. I believe that Davis and Harangody are too small to be efficient backups to Garnett.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

You agree with BiasLewis that the Celtics should trade Davis at the trade deadline?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The C's need a backup pg...Rodrigue Beaubois is the answer : You agree with BiasLewis that the Celtics should trade Davis at the trade deadline?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

That's a tough one. I like Big Baby. I guess it would depend on what Boston could get for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

All  We  Need  Is  Health.

Time Will Only Tell