The furture is bright!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The furture is bright!

Wow! Jeff Green looked faster and quicker than Lebron. In addition, the Celtics did it all without KG! Imagine what they will be capable of doing when KG comes back. On offense KG will help spread the floor more for Green. On defense, many of those open under the basket cheap lay ups that the Heat got will disappear.

Jeff was the best player on the floor last night, and if a game like last night doen't put his confidence over the top, nothing will. The new big three trumps the old big three!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: The furture is bright!

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Wow! Jeff Green looked faster and quicker than Lebron. In addition, the Celtics did it all without KG! Imagine what they will be capable of doing when KG comes back. On offense KG will help spread the floor more for Green. On defense, many of those open under the basket cheap lay ups that the Heat got will disappear.

Jeff was the best player on the floor last night, and if a game like last night doen't put his confidence over the top, nothing will. The new big three trumps the old big three!

Add in R9R coming off the bench and being a defense minded  stopper up-tempo attack-mode role player and maybe we have something to feel good about.

Missed the game last night due to power outages. DARN!!!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

One small problem...Lebron plays at that level every game...Green only shows flashes like last night only once in a while.

Maybe a performance like last night might give him the confidence he needs to take over as a member of a new C's big 3, however, to say from one game that a new big 3 with him trumps anything is a bit premature.

You don't earn the title until you win a title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Add in R9R coming off the bench and being a defense minded  stopper up-tempo attack-mode role player and maybe we have something to feel good about.

Pud

sarcasm.

I am not sure why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud

sarcasm.

I am not sure why.

No sarcasm.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

One small problem...Lebron plays at that level every game...Green only shows flashes like last night only once in a while.

Maybe a performance like last night might give him the confidence he needs to take over as a member of a new C's big 3, however, to say from one game that a new big 3 with him trumps anything is a bit premature.

You don't earn the title until you win a title.

There is a lot of truth in what you say, however, it is not the first time that Jeff has played great. It one thing to do it to the Suns but it is something else when he can do it to the Heat. His confidence must be sky high, and just as importantly, the confidence that his team mates have in him now, will allow him to do more. 

In addition, his defense is not bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Celtics played with one arm behind their back and almost beat the Heat. At full strength The Celtics will be a very tough out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

this team has gotten younger, stronger, and more athletic in no time....

Rondo (27) an all star and our starting point guard...or prime trade bait..?

Bradley (22) the best one on one defender in the game...?

Lee (27) another excellent defender and a good scorer from inside and outside

Green (26) great athlete...has "Worthy like talent"...slam dunks, 3 point shots, shot blocker, runs like a deer

Sullinger (21) incredible basketball IQ, rebounding machine, excellent scorer....health is the key

So that is a group of five guys....all "starter material"...three guards, a small forward, and a power forward....all we lack is a young center (Melo in time...?) ...and centers aren't in vogue these days (see the all star ballots that do not include the position...also see the best team in the NBA who does not own a true center by league standards...)

I'm not even including Bass (27) or any of the three new guys that Danny added and who have played some quality minutes (ages 24-26)...

I like our future....as opposed to the Laker disaster already under way...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Pud

sarcasm.

I am not sure why.

No sarcasm.

Pud

I know what you think of Rondo, and I agree. Unless he no longer needs to be "the star", the Celtics are better off without him.

My thoughts had more to do with this year. Next year will take care of itself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

this team has gotten younger, stronger, and more athletic in no time....

Rondo (27) an all star and our starting point guard...or prime trade bait..?

Bradley (22) the best one on one defender in the game...?

Lee (27) another excellent defender and a good scorer from inside and outside

Green (26) great athlete...has "Worthy like talent"...slam dunks, 3 point shots, shot blocker, runs like a deer

Sullinger (21) incredible basketball IQ, rebounding machine, excellent scorer....health is the key

So that is a group of five guys....all "starter material"...three guards, a small forward, and a power forward....all we lack is a young center (Melo in time...?) ...and centers aren't in vogue these days (see the all star ballots that do not include the position...also see the best team in the NBA who does not own a true center by league standards...)

I'm not even including Bass (27) or any of the three new guys that Danny added and who have played some quality minutes (ages 24-26)...

I like our future....as opposed to the Laker disaster already under way...

What you say is true.

I am not a big Rondo guy, unless he can play better team ball in the regular season. If not Danny will wait until he is healed, showing his skills and then trade him.

Jeff seems to have his confidence now, and his team mates will look to him more and more.

I have to say that I have a good feeling about the Cetics this year. At full strength with KG, and Green playing the way that he can, Miami has to be concerned.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

NO KG! ... one arm tied behind our back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

"There is good reason to believe these teams will meet in the second round or conference finals in another couple of months. When Garnett is back on the floor and captaining the Celtics defense, they won't be giving up the high number of back-door layups and dunks that killed them in this game against the defending champs. There is no postseason opponent in the East that Boston will fear, including Miami."

Ian Thomson - today.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20130319/lebron-james-miami-heat-boston-celtics/#ixzz2O2YqPhwC

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

My thoughts had more to do with this year. Next year will take care of itself.

My notion of the future is 2 to 5 years down the road. You're thinking much shorter term than I.

R9R would make a wonderful 6th man off the bench as I described above.

Considering that he is now the odd man out and will likely have little trade value (with reputation and ACL injury), management  might be forced to try to remake him into a role that best helps the team... and maximizes his strengths.

There needs to be a Plan B/Retool   as the notion of "its Rondo's team" no longer has currency and it sets him  (and the team) up to fail.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

You may be right; however, I think that Rondo's ego is too big to accept a sixth man role after being a starting all-star. Rondo will have great trade value after he fully recovers. That may not be until the trade deadline next season. In any case, Danny does not need to be in a hurry here.