the future of the heat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the future of the heat?

lots of threads on our celtics, but i thought i'd ask what y'all think about the future of the heat. assuming they win it this year, who do they lose next year? will RA retire? will he go for another ring? who else might they lose?

likewise, who else might retire/walk away from the other playoff teams. SA is getting old. is this their last run with duncan perhaps?

just curious what y'all think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: the future of the heat?

The good thing is, that Wade looks like his body is wearing down. If he cannot translate his game to this stage of his career, there will be a lot of burden on James. Ray and Battier will also not gettinger younger. But if Wade stays healthy, they will find other verterans willing to play for vets min to chase a ring.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Really dude???

Seriously???

Ok, my thoughts on Miami... I hope it cracks away from the rest of the continant and submerges forever more into the Gulf, taking with it, their beloved Miami Heat basketball team. Though, leave Pat Riley alive and well. I enjoy his Celtic envy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

wade is 32...for sure bosh is 30 lebron is 28...the heat bandwagon is 3 years tops..before lebron goes back to clev and plays with kyree..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

The future of the Heat?

I am thinking: Not 1 ring...not 2 rings...not 3 rings...etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We don't have to worry this year.  One poster says you can't win a NBA championship if you don't get 40 rebounds.  Thats the magic number.  The heat averaged about 39 plus change.  Also that same poster says the regular season runs congruent with the playoffs  in his other analogy.  So both the Pacer and Knicks would win against the Heat because both won the regular season series.  Thats the reason the Knicks beat us according to this poster, because they beat us in the regular season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

We don't have to worry this year.  One poster says you can't win a NBA championship if you don't get 40 rebounds.  Thats the magic number.  The heat averaged about 39 plus change.  Also that same poster says the regular season runs congruent with the playoffs  in his other analogy.  So both the Pacer and Knicks would win against the Heat because both won the regular season series.  Thats the reason the Knicks beat us according to this poster, because they beat us in the regular season.

Seems whoever that poster is youre referring to is a real dope

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Grizzlies look like the next NBA champion to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The Grizzlies look like the next NBA champion to me.

I hope you are right.  Would love to see them win the championship this year. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Will be a genuine contender for at least several more seasons. 

Veterans will be lured to the team for the chance to win a championship or two. Injury may be a concern but even if Wade plays reduced minutes or is out, James will carry the team. Look a average Cleveland team to the finals. His Heat teams will always be stronger than that Cleveland team.

The Pacers don't really have much of a chance IMO. And who'd have picked them to make the East finals. Every team in the East for mine have questions regarding next season except Miami. Although in Miami's case it's a question of who they'll bring in to improve the team.

Battier will be a sizable loss when he either retires/traded. Certainly a guy that doesn't get enough kudos. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Really dude???

Seriously???

Ok, my thoughts on Miami... I hope it cracks away from the rest of the continant and submerges forever more into the Gulf, taking with it, their beloved Miami Heat basketball team. Though, leave Pat Riley alive and well. I enjoy his Celtic envy.

LOL