The Great Thibbs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The Great Thibbs

I love Thibbs.  Dam good coach.   But, I keep saying to all the people that argue "we missed Thibbs, we needed him, Doc should have resigned so that we could have kept him or he should have been named 'co-coach' with Doc, etc".......Thibbs loses just like we did.  Give Miami credit - they are playing great and we would needed to have been at 100% to beat them.  We weren't (injuries, primarily, but also poor play). 

The winner of the Miami vs Celtics series was going to the Finals.  That's why I'm so darn upset about us losing.  Third year in a row that injuries kept us from knowing if the C's could have won championships.   

Thibbs is finding out that coaching at this level is a little tougher than regular season where your talent wins games for you.  He's no savior.  His team is getting thumped 3 games to 1 and this series is over in 6 games, max....and maybe 5.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: The Great Thibbs

How Thibs let Rose continue to fire errant shots down the stretch of a game they should have won showed his limitations as an offensive coach.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

this is thibs first year as a head coach, cut the guy some slack. he is doing good for his first time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

In Response to Re: The Great Thibbs:
    [QUOTE]this is thibs first year as a head coach, cut the guy some slack. he is doing good for his first time.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

couldnt agree more.
    thibbs and the bulls are in the eastern conference finals on his first year of headcoaching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Great Thibbs : Hats of to the Heat, but they will not win a championship this season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  I definitely don't want to see them win either. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Neither OKC nor Chicago can come back from 3 to 1 deficits so Heat vs Mavs in the finals - I got the Mavs.  Mavs have the more complete offense while the Heat have their 3 stars + great Defense.  

So, Susan, I don't think Miami gets that championship this year.   Let's hope, at least!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

"Third year in a row that injuries kept us from knowing if the C's could have won championships."

-------------------------------------

I nominate this comment as the most stupid of the year.. LMAO  Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Agree with the original poster, except: 

"Third year in a row that injuries kept us from knowing if the C's could have won championships."

Better phrased as: 

"First year in a row that a manic series of deadline trades by the wacky Danny Ainge kept us from knowing if the C's could have won another championship."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Great Thibbs : Hats off to the Heat, but they will not win a championship this season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    hmm...what are the lottery numbers for the next month? since you can now foresee the future right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Neither OKC nor Chicago can come back from 3 to 1 deficits so Heat vs Mavs in the finals - I got the Mavs.  Mavs have the more complete offense while the Heat have their 3 stars + great Defense.   So, Susan, I don't think Miami gets that championship this year.   Let's hope, at least!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    does offense win titles or defense?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Great Thibbs : does offense win titles or defense?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

When you get to the finals, its both!  At this level of the playoffs, both teams have a good defense and offense and stars......although I believe Miami's D is better.  Then, again, I bet most analysts would say we have a better Defense than the Lakers and we still lost last year!

Match ups, execution, how your offense reacts to great D, rebounding, turnovers.....all matter.  I think Dallas matches up better as they have enough flexibility to play against the Heat defense.  Bulls do not and we did not.

but, I freely admit that its a tight call and I could be completely wrong!  That's why they play the games out!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

My question to Thibs would be.

Where is Kurt Thomas?? You can't take out Asik and not put Thomas in? I thought Boozer played at Duke where defense was a priority??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]"Third year in a row that injuries kept us from knowing if the C's could have won championships." ------------------------------------- I nominate this comment as the most stupid of the year.. LMAO 
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

I second the motion. your comment in reply to fierce was the most stupid of the year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

jtkl,

Tayshawn is on my ignore list so I don't see his comments anymore.  Too annoying.

Now, for my comment - I stand by it and its not stupid.  Two years ago, KG got hurt and it derailed us.  Last year, it was Perk and it derailed us.  This year it was Shaq (and partially Rondo) that derailed us.  So, 3 years in a row where injuries kept us from a possible championship.  You don't think those injuries kept us from going all the way (or possibly going all the way)?

Can you understand better now or is it still too complicated for you?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Great Thibbs : does offense win titles or defense?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Did the Bulls win because of Dennis Rodman or Michael Jordan?

Did the Spurs win because of Bruce Bowen or Tim Duncan?

Did the Heat win a championship in 2006 because of James Posey or Dwyane Wade?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

"This year it was Shaq (and partially Rondo) that derailed us."

----------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!  You are making yourself look dumber and dumber with every post.

If Shaq was your answer, then Luke Walton was the answer for the Lakers.

Laughing