The guy the Celtics really missed = Rasheed Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

The guy the Celtics really missed = Rasheed Wallace

His ability to hit big shots and space the floor at the 5. The ability to give the Celtics a legitimate backup center for Jermiane.

Garnett more rest and making it harder for the Heat to play small ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The guy the Celtics really missed = Rasheed Wallace

In Response to The guy the Celtics really missed = Rasheed Wallace:
    [QUOTE]His ability to hit big shots and space the floor at the 5. The ability to give the Celtics a legitimate backup center for Jermiane.    Garnett more rest and making it harder for the Heat to play small ball.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you about Rasheed.  I tried to start threads about him several times, but got very few responses.  It may have been possible to sign Rasheed when we had open roster spots available.  If he had a chance of playing a few games before the playoffs started, he could have helped during the playoffs, (if he was in reasonably good shape).  One poster said it was possible that Danny had contacted him and he really didn't have any interest in returning.  We will never know if this ever happened.  It is just interesting that several NBA analysts heard rumors about him returning.  I remember reading about this or seeing them discussing this at some point during the season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I thought the same thing once Shaq was hurt

'Sheed /> Troy Murphy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Absolutely agree.  Rasheed in a shortened season was a low risk proposition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

same here i think i was in the minority that liked sheed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i love sheed...I was dying for him to come back midway in the season.
    im sure the celtics would have signed him.
    but i guess rasheed just didnt want to give it another shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

I loved him too but he would not have helped...the only way this team improves is through young legs...bench legs!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to The guy the Celtics really missed = Rasheed Wallace:
    [QUOTE]His ability to hit big shots and space the floor at the 5. The ability to give the Celtics a legitimate backup center for Jermiane.    Garnett more rest and making it harder for the Heat to play small ball.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Where were those abilities when he played for us?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

I like Sheed as well.  But he is old!  I would have taken him over Troy murphy any day though!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

If thats the case we would have won last year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He wouldn't have been the missing piece, but could have helped to give KG and Jermaine rest.  It never hurts to have another big man.  Especially since Shaq never returned.  He isn't Shaq, but still could have helped this team in the playoffs.  Also considering how ineffective Davis was in the playoffs this year, he probably would have been better than Glen.  We can only speculate how much/little he may have helped this team, since he never returned. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If Sheed was in 2009-10 playoff shape, he could have helped... but the guy has been out almost a year.. even when he played for us, it took him 90% of the season to get in shape and only in the playoffs did he play like someone of value...

In case you forgot, Sheeds typical game was jog back and forth between foul lines and chuck up a 3... when he wasnt daydreaming about who knows what..

Bringing him back (if he even wanted to) out of shape and with his poor work ethic would not have helped us...imo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

puh-leeze! lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Who they missed was a healthy shaq.  20-25 minutes of a healthy shaq=win over miami.  They had no answer to him.  C's risked him being healthy for streatch run, and with green to BU pierce and garnett they would have been stacked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I missed Sheed.  He drove me crazy in the regular season but in the playoffs, he stood up tall.  Agree 110% that he would have spelled KG well and would have given us low post scoring and rebounding (hmmmm, is that something we REALLY missed - YES!).  He wouldn't have been good for a full year (taking away younger guys' minutes) and wouldn't want him for the upcoming season (getting too old) but down the stretch after the all star break this year, he would have provided key spot minutes and been in some kind of shape for the playoffs.   This is especially true given Shaq's condition.

I keep saying - Danny.....you REALLY need to rethink your medical staff's advice.   They COMPLETELY failed you.   A better bet than Murphy or Sasha would have been Wallace for just one year.