THE Key to Wednesday's Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

THE Key to Wednesday's Game

There are going to be a lot of important questions where the answer is critically important to Wednesday's outcome for the Celtics.  Will Rondo play well?  Can Ray get up enough shots?  Can we slow Wade down?  Will Doc switch the defensive assignment on Wade?  Will Lebron hit his outside shots? Will Green and BBD give us something off the bench.

But, THE biggest factor will be KG's determination.  His D and his rebounding will be there.  But, will he be an offensive factor or not?  That, IMO, is the THE biggest question for the C's and is a game changer.  Everyone made some mistakes in game 4 and there have been threads on each issue.  The Heat made some tremendous plays down the stretch - we have to give them their proper respect.   But, KG's 1 for 10 performance and lack of aggression and post ups was the most glaring issue.

Notice that Paul, Ray, Rondo, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, BBD all have interviews in the paper.  Why no interviews/quotes from KG?  Its because he screwed up, he knows it, he's fuming and boiling over, and anxious to reassert himself.  

I say he responds with a great game, win or lose.  What say you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game

Well i sure hope you are right about kg having a great game. But I think the miami heat are just too much for us. They are too young... too athletic... too talented. I guess we'll go down tonight in a hard fought battle. If not I see us going down at home. I sure hope that this team can find some energy to turn it all around and give us fans some more games and maybe even surprise fans all over the world. However we must be realistic.... . I am definitly so disssapointed by big baby. I thought this guy would make the difference coming into the playoffs instead he gave us all reasons to let him go this year. Break up a part of  this team, find some new bench players or starters and try it one more year. At least for as long as we got KG , Allen and O'neals in the book.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

The closer we get to tipoff, the more I'm feeling optimistic about game 5.
    I don't think KG will have 2 bad games in a row.
    I think BBD is going to be a 280 lb bowling ball out there.
    I think Shaq is going to play no more than 5 minutes but put a body on someone good.
    I think RA is going to be hot.
    I expect a lot of intangibles to work for us.
    Only thing I'm concerned about is the officiating.
    Don't want to see the game dictated by early fouls.
    Expect the Celtics to play like there's no tomorrow because that's exactly the size of it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont know if I share the same enthusiasm about KG as you do. His poor Game 3 is making me wonder... many feel he was exhausted as the reason he played so poorly... if that was the case, I cant think he'll be any better tonight, 2 days and a flight to Miami later...

Hard to tell with KG... one game he asserts himself offensively, the next he doesnt

and the importance of game 5 is just slightly more imprtant than game 4 was.. where he came up empty.

I think we ned Ray to break loose with some open shots (for him anyway) and our team as a whole to have enuf in the gas tank to make their open shots. As bad as things went offensively for us last game, with KG being so bad, Rondos elbow, so many missed open shots, missed layups etrc... I still cant figure how we had the game in the palm of our hands in the final seconds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Karl, doesn't your last sentence give you reason for optimism?   Also, when have you seen KG have two bad games in a row?  1 for 10, no way that happens again.  This guy just has so much heart and determination.  Not saying that automatically produces a win, but we will at least have him going for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game:
    [QUOTE]Karl, doesn't your last sentence give you reason for optimism?   Also, when have you seen KG have two bad games in a row?  1 for 10, no way that happens again.  This guy just has so much heart and determination.  Not saying that automatically produces a win, but we will at least have him going for us.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Id feel much better with one extra day off before the game....  for KG

But yea, that was the point of my post... about how we were that close to winning the game even with so much going wrong.  Doesnt make me more optimisitc because we lost and nothing guarantees us playing better next game, or DWest & Green playing so well again.. so many variables..

Hate games like #4 cause there so many wuda/cudas...     I just hope we play our game, excute, tough D and shoot at our normal rate... if we do that and lose, Im ok with it...    KG making his open J's... RAY hitting 1/2 his open 3's... etc, etc... we should win but if we lose, then Miami the better team..

Thats how Id like to go out, if we go out.. can deal with that... but please, not like game 4..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG will play better and take shots.  The problem for him the last game was he was the only one under the boards.  Nobody rebounded and the Rondo injury has enormous ramifications for the rebounding of this team.  Rondo has to play less in crunch time.  His injury was behind the rebounding problems and the fact that he was not able to be a full threat as a scorer.  Sadly Rondo has to sit and we need Delonte out there. We could have won the last game and definitely would have if we had a better substitution patterns.

We can win but the Rondo injury is going to have to be dealt in this game. Baby's performance is killing this team.  What is wrong is a great mystery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]It is a road game the Cs can win if they play for 48 minutes. It is coming back to the Garden.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Nice in-depth assessment.  Are you an NBA.com analysis?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

The key to Wednesday's game is to have more of your shots go in the hole than your opponent's.  Everything else is irrelevant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the key to wednesday's game is the celtics being aggressive and not settling for jumpers

its exactly what got them the lead in game 4 and its the only thing that will keep them in game 5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think they need to get Ray going EARLY. None of this getting it going in the third quarter. Fierce's indicator comes to mind. KG is always a key. Rebounding, Rebounding, Rebounding. Last but not least, keep Miami's series MVP (Joel Anthony) off the glass. Without him the C's are up 3-1 in the series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Doc will substitute early even if it means falling behind. I think he'll play West and Green more to see if their athletic ability can keep us going until the 4th quarter. If BBD doesn't show much early I think he'll use Murf to add some scoring and bench BBD.

If the league is true to their word of fixing games there will be a game #6. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would also surprise them with a big lineup with more offense.

RA
    PP
    Green
    KG
    JON

Put the ball in PPs hands even if it's for a few minutes. It's going to require them to use Chalmers on PP and run alot of pick and rolls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

They need more production off the bench.  Who is coming in and making a real impact and changing the game?  Greene and West are doing some good things, but not really being game changers.  Someone has to come off the bench and have people saying after the game that he was the difference.  BBD has done this in other games, but I think Greene needs minutes and to exert himself into the heart of the game.  KG did this in one game and was the difference, but in each game you win someone different on this team usually makes the difference. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

krstic and/or murphy, doc should use them !
    they can hit shots ! and they'd not have to battle against howard.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I expect an MVP performance from KG tonight. He has too much pride for anything else. Doc must find ways to get him the ball in the low post. The Heat made it a priority to not allow him the ball.

These guys have too much pride and history to make this a sour performance.

I like our chances.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I expect an MVP performance from KG tonight. He has too much pride for anything else. Doc must find ways to get him the ball in the low post. The Heat made it a priority to not allow him the ball. These guys have too much pride and history to make this a sour performance. I like our chances.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

So in Boston the Heat made it a point to not allow KG to get the ball in the paint but somehow in Miami they will forget to do that.... ok...

Too much history....

Wade has as many rings as PP, Rondo, KG, and Ray.  The Cs have only been to one more final than LeBron.

What is a sour performance?  Is it a sour performance if the Cs fail to score 85 points?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : So in Boston the Heat made it a point to not allow KG to get the ball in the paint but somehow in Miami they will forget to do that.... ok... Too much history.... Wade has as many rings as PP, Rondo, KG, and Ray.  The Cs have only been to one more final than LeBron. What is a sour performance?  Is it a sour performance if the Cs fail to score 85 points?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    \

They got it to him in game three. Why can't they in game 5? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : \ They got it to him in game three. Why can't they in game 5? 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

The Heat have won 4 of the last 5 against the Cs.  Try to wrap your head around this..... it seems that each game a player has a big game but they still lose.... hmmm... the other team allows someone to beat them but in game 3 (in Boston not Miami) they allowed 2 guys to beat them - KG and PP.  Guess what, at home, they will not allow anyone to beat them......  I know it is hard for you to imagine but often times it has nothing to do with what you do it is what the opponent dictates, tonight the Heat will dictate everything just like they did in game 4... KG 1 for 10......

Most on BDC cannot even comprehend that there is actually another team on the floor and that everything that happens on the floor is as a result of something the Cs do and that the opponent just happens to have gotten off the bus at the wrong stop and have run into the vaunted Cs.

Rondo had an average game by Chris Paul standards with 20 and 12 in game 2 and the Cs were not in the game.  Pierce was awesome in game 4, loss and so on and so forth.

98 - 84..... work on the golf swing.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

While it is obvious that KG will have to step up offensively, Doc has got to give the bench more minutes if KG, Ray and PP are to have a chance to finish strongly.  I keep reading how Krstic has given them nothing, but how can he contribute if he's riding the pine?  Same with Wafer.  And how about letting JON play significant fourth quarter minutes?  He played none in game four.  Let them play, Doc!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

1) in set court (where they have the most problems): hopefully they'll use pick and rolls to free up Kevin. Wade should get picked off on screens for Ray, see if that's whistled, hopefully not. Rondo has to drive like he did in the first half of game 4 on or he's useless on offense. 2) rebounding...somehow have to limit the Heat's offensive rebounds which is sort of wishful thinking given only Baby (yes, Baby) seems to know how to box somebody out....3) hard fouls at the right time to set a tone (be nice to see KG get a little physical)...4) play Delonte and Green each for around 30 minutes; short leashes on Baby (head) and RonodHondo (elbow) due to innefectiveness; 5) 5 minutes for 1-2 other bench guys (Krispdic, Murph, Von, Arroyo) to help insure that the 30-something Celtic starters have some legs left to close out the game. 6) Rondo in transition remains the Celtics best offensive option, use it when he's in there. 7) go big, not small and let the bigs get offensive rebounds; especially if the foruth quarter ends up being a slow moving three point shooting contenst; 8) good timeouts before to limit runs by the Heat 9) Shoot at the first decent option, and open look is rare against Miami, so take the shot and...10) Celtic Pride Prevail...Let's Go Celtics!....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : The Heat have won 4 of the last 5 against the Cs.  Try to wrap your head around this..... it seems that each game a player has a big game but they still lose.... hmmm... the other team allows someone to beat them but in game 3 (in Boston not Miami) they allowed 2 guys to beat them - KG and PP.  Guess what, at home, they will not allow anyone to beat them......  I know it is hard for you to imagine but often times it has nothing to do with what you do it is what the opponent dictates, tonight the Heat will dictate everything just like they did in game 4... KG 1 for 10...... Most on BDC cannot even comprehend that there is actually another team on the floor and that everything that happens on the floor is as a result of something the Cs do and that the opponent just happens to have gotten off the bus at the wrong stop and have run into the vaunted Cs. Rondo had an average game by Chris Paul standards with 20 and 12 in game 2 and the Cs were not in the game.  Pierce was awesome in game 4, loss and so on and so forth. 98 - 84..... work on the golf swing.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

True you don't comprehend there is another team on the floor and that often explains some your posts. For example when Rondo has a near triple double and the Celtics lose you blame him when perhaps the other team had five guys in double figures and played great defense. 

It's just one of many things that demonstrate you have no objectvity and little understanding of the game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Well Dudder,

the Celtics did not try very hard, in the last game, to get him the ball. Doc will make adjustments to improve the situation, possibly by moving a player closer to the corner, and also by taking advantage of double teams. I have never been a fan of Ray's passing ability, and that will also likely change.

The team will not go down with out a fight tonight.  Winning is the goal, not points. Remember, the last game went to overtime while scoring 81 points.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Focus.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : True you don't comprehend there is another team on the floor and that often explains some your posts. For example when Rondo has a near triple double and the Celtics lose you blame him when perhaps the other team had five guys in double figures and played great defense.  It's just one of many things that demonstrate you have no objectvity and little understanding of the game. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.... 11 points in a near triple double where he passes up uncontested jumpers, does not get to the line, causes double teams on his team's best players, causes 3 second violations, causes teams to sag into the paint and dare him to shoot....... 11 points on the 20th best scoring team in the league.........  exactly by stating all of the things that the main stream media and experts repeat all the time I am not objective and have little understanding of the game.......  Rondo has been an embarrassment in the playoffs as he was for the second half of the season when his coach instructed him to be more aggressive and get to the rim and the line and start making shots..... um he can't.