THE Key to Wednesday's Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game

In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : Absolutely.... 11 points in a near triple double where he passes up uncontested jumpers, does not get to the line, causes double teams on his team's best players, causes 3 second violations, causes teams to sag into the paint and dare him to shoot....... 11 points on the 20th best scoring team in the league.........  exactly by stating all of the things that the main stream media and experts repeat all the time I am not objective and have little understanding of the game.......  Rondo has been an embarrassment in the playoffs as he was for the second half of the season when his coach instructed him to be more aggressive and get to the rim and the line and start making shots..... um he can't.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have succesfully proved you don't understand basketball. Perhaps you should pay attention to people like Larry Bird. You might learn a little 

Bird when told Rondo can't shot "Yeah but he can play." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Well Dudder, the Celtics did not try very hard, in the last game, to get him the ball. Doc will make adjustments to improve the situation, possibly by moving a player closer to the corner, and also by taking advantage of double teams. I have never been a fan of Ray's passing ability, and that will also likely change. The team will not go down with out a fight tonight.  Winning is the goal, not points. Remember, the last game went to overtime while scoring 81 points.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

You mean on their homecourt the Cs dropped 81 on the Heat to force overtime.... wow... so of course they will force overtime again tonight on the road.......

p.s. it was 86 but why let the facts get in the way of a good story....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : Yes, you have succesfully proved you don't understand basketball. Perhaps you should pay attention to people like Larry Bird. You might learn a little  Bird when told Rondo can't shot "Yeah but he can play." 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Rondo is a good player but not anywhere near the player that most on this board is, which is what I have said all along.... I have no beef with Rondo, it is the legendary status that he receives from people here that make excuses for him at every single turn.  Give any number of point guards the Big 3 to play with and the Cs are no worse off and in many cases a lot better.  Nobody can accept that and that is the real problem.  Just like D'Antoni said let's see what he plays like in Minnesota (i.e. not surrounded by talent).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : Rondo is a good player but not anywhere near the player that most on this board is, which is what I have said all along.... I have no beef with Rondo, it is the legendary status that he receives from people here that make excuses for him at every single turn.  Give any number of point guards the Big 3 to play with and the Cs are no worse off and in many cases a lot better.  Nobody can accept that and that is the real problem.  Just like D'Antoni said let's see what he plays like in Minnesota (i.e. not surrounded by talent).

You have never said he is a good player. And we would not be better off with many other  point guards. For instance in this series the Celtics are shooting 50% from the 3 on passsing coming from Rondo. 35% on all others. This is because he has great vision and his pentrations draws the defense.

My position has always been Rondo is a excellent point guard. There are four or five that are better in the NBA. Until, and if he improves his jumper (it's better this year than in the past) he won't be truly elite. But he is pretty darn good and tough as nails. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Stop the Turn overs and Sloppy playing  and this time play for 4 solid quarters
     Pierce, Garnet. Allen need to be at there Best tonight We have yet to see Allen do much Garnet got very sloppy the second half of the last game Pierce was sloppy CAN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT And Big Baby NEEDS TO START HELPING THE TEAM Cause Rondo is to hurt So rest of teh Celtics need to STEP UP BIG TIME

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : You have never said he is a good player. And we would not be better off with many other  point guards. For instance in this series the Celtics are shooting 50% from the 3 on passsing coming from Rondo. 35% on all others. This is because he has great vision and his pentrations draws the defense. My position has always been Rondo is a excellent point guard. There are four or five that are better in the NBA. Until, and if he improves his jumper (it's better this year than in the past) he won't be truly elite. But he is pretty darn good and tough as nails. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

It is your opinion that the Cs would not be better off, it is my opinion that they would be better off........ let's see where he ranks.......

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : It is your opinion that the Cs would not be better off, it is my opinion that they would be better off........ let's see where he ranks....... http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

A fantasy league poll? HAHAHAA smart dudder very smart. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : A fantasy league poll? HAHAHAA smart dudder very smart. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

A poll where shooting, shooting 3s, shooting freebies, assists, and turnovers matter.......... that is funny huh?  So the fundamental things that most point guards do as a matter of simply showing up are things to laugh at.... they are then graded and players are ranked based on these basic aspects of their job responsbilities.... oh and Rondo fails..... so we must discount it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THE Key to Wednesday's Game : A poll where shooting, shooting 3s, shooting freebies, assists, and turnovers matter.......... that is funny huh?  So the fundamental things that most point guards do as a matter of simply showing up are things to laugh at.... they are then graded and players are ranked based on these basic aspects of their job responsbilities.... oh and Rondo fails..... so we must discount it.

Yes it's a fantasy league poll. it's a joke. It has KG rated below Antwain Jamison. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

The key's to tonight game are: 1) Don't let Miami get off to a good start take the crowd out of the game 2) Doc Rivers, if he does the same old, same old by playing the starts over 35 minutes, letting Davis do nothing for 15 minutes and not have a deeper bench, we will not win.

Change it up old stubborn man!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Ha ,

Dudder, it always amazes me how you try to gain the smallest advantage from the most inane issue.

No, even though they had a poor offensive night, their defense kept them in the game.