The kids aren't buying into the rebuilding (tank) thinking.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

The kids aren't buying into the rebuilding (tank) thinking.....

http://nesn.com/2013/07/jeff-green-jared-sullinger-courtney-lee-reject-rebuilding-talk-with-celtics/

there was a similar link on ESPN earlier.....these kids want to win now.....and they already believe in and are bonding with the new coach...I like it myself...the Lakers rebuild overnight (yes, Los Angeles is more attractive to free agents than Boston)....still if we can count on a young core of hungry and talented players to excell and develop a winning chemistry we are much better off in my opinion....unless the third time is a charm regarding the lottery and the number one pick....it sure didn't work the first two times

Rondo is an all star and Green was at his best when Pierce (and KG) weren't on the court...Bradley and Sullinger are pretty good looking youngsters and should only get better....Olynyk looks like a skilled seven footer....Lee plays good defense....it will be interesting to see what happens this coming season...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: The kids aren't buying into the rebuilding (tank) thinking.....

I like that they aren't settling for life as a supposed lottery team post PP and KG.  But teams with lots of young players rarely win in the NBA unless one of them is an All-NBA player.  I for one don't believe Jeff Green can carry this team, and who knows how long it will take for Rondo to be Rondo after his surgery.  Remember, this team was playing awful last year WITH KG, PP and Rondo. 

Again, I congratulate the young guys on their bravado, but I don't expect this team to be very good unless one or two of the young guys really emerge.  And I hope I'm not wrong because the best thing for this team is to give the youngs guys lots of PT and to also get a high lottery pick for a chance at a future star.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I like that they aren't settling for life as a supposed lottery team post PP and KG.  But teams with lots of young players rarely win in the NBA unless one of them is an All-NBA player.  I for one don't believe Jeff Green can carry this team, and who knows how long it will take for Rondo to be Rondo after his surgery.  Remember, this team was playing awful last year WITH KG, PP and Rondo. 

Again, I congratulate the young guys on their bravado, but I don't expect this team to be very good unless one or two of the young guys really emerge.  And I hope I'm not wrong because the best thing for this team is to give the youngs guys lots of PT and to also get a high lottery pick for a chance at a future star.   

I agree with you bud. It wasn't long ago that we went on a tanking run. DA can talk about the Celtics don't do that but they did on his watch in pursuit of Durant/ Oden.

The kids can get minutes, NBA savvy and some hardcore personal development in a tanking year. Management has a rare opportunity to dole out meaningful audition minutes to really get a feel for a player. Rondo became a starter and started to develop in the 06-07 season. Sure the tanking year made Green and Gomes look like superstars but...

At the end of the day the East is getting stronger and stronger. Pistons and Cavs are starting to build again. NY are on the up. Nets, well we know about them. Paces, Heat. We clear the decks, give the young fellas minutes, sort the men from the boys and next season will give the competitive kids, the ones who are good enough something to REALLY shoot for rather than punch above their weight, crawl into the play-offs to be smoked by savvy NBA teams (we were one for the last few years)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

hey if they believe they can make the playoffs,hmmm....very interesting to see how it all turns out...stay tuned!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Celtic style tanking......

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

haha...nice one!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

why would the kids buy into "tanking"? it's not like ainge is telling them not to play their hardest and try to win. this "tanking" thing is a media and fan thing. the fact is, boston's core players aged and are now finished in boston. the team is bad no matter how hard the "kids" try.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE  

...but, what happens if they play to their potential and end up heading into the playoffs...?  ....someone said they will try to win as many games as possible but then will tank after the trade deadline...I don't understand that comment....so if we are winning we will move some of our young (and presumably best) players so that we can lose and look to get young talented players back in the draft (maybe)...?......I don't see the logic....if we have young winning talent why trade it?....wouldn't we be dealing with unproven potential..? ....I know, there is a possibility of Wiggins.....just like we had a shot at Duncan and Durant/Oden....how did that work out...?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

If they are really tanking Rondo will be gone. I truly believe that Rondo, Green, Bradley and Sullinger have a little something called Celtic Pride. They won't lie down. Those 4 guys have to be the voice in that locker room and The Net Vets need to buy in too. Don't expect Wiggins because I expect the C's to compete every night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

If they are really tanking Rondo will be gone. I truly believe that Rondo, Green, Bradley and Sullinger have a little something called Celtic Pride. They won't lie down. Those 4 guys have to be the voice in that locker room and The Net Vets need to buy in too. Don't expect Wiggins because I expect the C's to compete every night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE  ...I completely agree with you "D"......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Could be the Celtic roster will accomplish "tanking" without much help from management.

We can all fantasize we have a strong roster today but take a harder look.

Remember the last several seasons when KG took a breather, we usually lost leads or went down by more... KG is gone, who's filling that gap? Dont under estimate the value of KG & PP on the floor, even when their shot isnt falling.

Now, management can assist our tanking easily, as if they were Joey Crawford  himself...  and that might happen once they figure out what they have and are ready to plan the next move. Shouldnt take more than by the time the all star break comes, if not sooner

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course we will not be nearly as good.  Tanking and rebuilding are two different things.  We will be and under 35 win team.  How much worse we will have to wait and see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE  

...but, what happens if they play to their potential and end up heading into the playoffs...?  ....someone said they will try to win as many games as possible but then will tank after the trade deadline...I don't understand that comment....so if we are winning we will move some of our young (and presumably best) players so that we can lose and look to get young talented players back in the draft (maybe)...?......I don't see the logic....if we have young winning talent why trade it?....wouldn't we be dealing with unproven potential..? ....I know, there is a possibility of Wiggins.....just like we had a shot at Duncan and Durant/Oden....how did that work out...?

Not move as in trade, but move from the floor in the 4th qtr to the bench ala Rick Fox by M.L. Carr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Oh yeah of little faith,we are making the playoffs. To the angusih Gary Tanquerey fans . We have a solid core  both youth and experience. We have many "chips for now or later, our choice. L\

Last season we were old over the hill and needed a youth transfusion,to predictable, now we're too young,untested and we didn't spend enough on  sketchy players like Howard,Smith or Bynum. Let's face some people just like to find fault and nothing else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts will play hard and try to get as many wins as possible. But after the trade deadline, that's the time the Celts will tank. 

It will be interesting to watch a young team this season.  I am sure that the current Celtics players aren't going to purposely lose games but the roster just isn't very good and I don't expect them to win many games.  Maybe they will surprise us all and end up as the 7th or 8th  seed.  Although, not making the playoffs is ok since they will end up with a higher draft pick.  Ending up as one of the worst teams in the league is good for draft position but wouldn't be very enjoyable to watch.