The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone?

It is obvious that David Stern and the NBA want the Lakers to succeed. They are about to become the least penalized team in history. They repeatedly have the most home games to begin the season. They have the fewest back-to-backs to end the season. The were given game 7 of last year's Finals. In fact, in every game of last year's Finals that were either close or it appeared that Celtics would win, the calls against the Celtics became more bizarre and obvious violations against the Lakers would be ignored. The Laker trolls who come on this board and talk their smack have disappeared. It's probably because it is obvious to even them that their team has been given preferential treatment by the NBA. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone?

In Response to The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone?:
    [QUOTE]It is obvious that David Stern and the NBA want the Lakers to succeed. They are about to become the least penalized team in history. They repeatedly have the most home games to begin the season. They have the fewest back-to-backs to end the season. The were given game 7 of last year's Finals. In fact, in every game of last year's Finals that were either close or it appeared that Celtics would win, the calls against the Celtics became more bizarre and obvious violations against the Lakers would be ignored. The Laker trolls who come on this board and talk their smack have disappeared. It's probably because it is obvious to even them that their team has been given preferential treatment by the NBA. 
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

If things are so clearly biased toward the Lakers, why not find another sport to invest time and energy into... or switch to the Lakers?

Your case is so strong that I don't know why you persist in supporting the NBA.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

It's like boxing. You know that a bunch of the fights are fixed but it's still a great sport. It's all about the love of the game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I have more issue with the calls they get than the amount of calls on them. They whine after every call all game long I think it gets them calls late in the game.

As far as the schedual goes thier Grammy Tour every year is prety brutal.
    I think the benifited from calls but I do not believe the fix is in.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone?:
    [QUOTE]I stopped watching the NBA a few years ago after the Sacramento-Lakers playoff series. It was a disgrace. But this year I think the Lakers are going to lose in spite of the refs, and I am going to enjoy it.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    You were posting on this board last season as well. Did you watch because you thought the Lakers were going to lose "in spite of the refs" then too? How about the year before that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]I stopped watching the NBA a few years ago after the Sacramento-Lakers playoff series. It was a disgrace. But this year I think the Lakers are going to lose in spite of the refs, and I am going to enjoy it.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    I agree. I don't believe that the Lakers will make it out of the West. When LA gets eliminated the media will make a big deal of it while most of us on this board will say "big deal" or "we told you people that they weren't as good as you people said they were."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : I agree. I don't believe that the Lakers will make it out of the West. When LA gets eliminated the media will make a big deal of it while most of us on this board will say "big deal" or "we told you people that they weren't as good as you people said they were."
    So which is it? Are the Lakers going to fail based upon their limited talents and abilities or are they going to win because the NBA's secret conspiratorial powers have decreed it? You are playing every side of the fence here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : So which is it? Are the Lakers going to fail based upon their limited talents and abilities or are they going to win because the NBA's secret conspiratorial powers have decreed it? You are playing every side of the fence here.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]
    Chew on this buddy: sometimes all the makeup in the world still can't help an ugly woman. think about it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : Chew on this buddy: sometimes all the makeup in the world still can't help an ugly woman. think about it...
    Yeah, the Lakers are pretty awful. There's no debating that. Without the help of the NBA's secret society, it would take nothing short of a miracle to get them to .500.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

C'mon guys, they will still make it out of the West. 
    They will get an Artest tip-in at the buzzer, or a koME 4 pointer in the 4th quarter.  They are a great team, let's not kid ourselves here.

I think the ONLY team that can beat them is us!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone?:
    [QUOTE]It is obvious that David Stern and the NBA want the Lakers to succeed. They are about to become the least penalized team in history. They repeatedly have the most home games to begin the season. They have the fewest back-to-backs to end the season. The were given game 7 of last year's Finals. In fact, in every game of last year's Finals that were either close or it appeared that Celtics would win, the calls against the Celtics became more bizarre and obvious violations against the Lakers would be ignored. The Laker trolls who come on this board and talk their smack have disappeared. It's probably because it is obvious to even them that their team has been given preferential treatment by the NBA. 

They got TWENTY FOUL SHOTS IN ONE QUARTER

They got FOURTY FOUL SHOTS IN A GAME WHERE THEY ONLY SCORED EIGHTY POINTS - LITERALLY HALF OF THEIR POINTS IN GAME 7 CAME FROM FOUL SHOTS.  RIDICULOUS

I don't subscribe to conspiracies, but it's an interesting trend that they're en route to being the least penalized team in NBA history, especially when Derek Fisher can't stay in front of anybody and Artest would be arrested if he tried his defense in broad daylight.  Pau Gasol can do no wrong with his bobblehead bit...

I'd be interested to see their record in games where they had a free throw advantage versus games where they had a free throw disadvantage

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : They got TWENTY FOUL SHOTS IN ONE QUARTER They got FOURTY FOUL SHOTS IN A GAME WHERE THEY ONLY SCORED EIGHTY POINTS - LITERALLY HALF OF THEIR POINTS IN GAME 7 CAME FROM FOUL SHOTS.  RIDICULOUS I don't subscribe to conspiracies, but it's an interesting trend that they're en route to being the least penalized team in NBA history, especially when Derek Fisher can't stay in front of anybody and Artest would be arrested if he tried his defense in broad daylight.  Pau Gasol can do no wrong with his bobblehead bit... I'd be interested to see their record in games where they had a free throw advantage versus games where they had a free throw disadvantage
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'll bet you a Dunkin's coffee (sorry teachers don't make a lot of money...)  ), that it would be tied to WHERE the game was played.  I think home team would shoot more FT's in a close game..............actually, I already know that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : Chew on this buddy: sometimes all the makeup in the world still can't help an ugly woman. think about it...

Years ago, I went to a professional wrastlin' match to watch the crowd go nuts.

Well the gent right next to me was particularly animated, jumping up and down and screaming his guts out nearly non-stop, really, REALLY getting his money's worth.

At some point when the main match was in something of a lull, I turned to him and asked... "Is this stuff for real... or is it all fake?"

He turned to me and said thougtfully with a smile... "Its all BS. Everybody know that" and winked at me.

The next moment, the villiam in the purple outfit laid a particularly vicious slap to his opponent's snout, knocking him silly/dazed/bloody.

Well the same gent next to me went berserk, jumped to his feet again and screamed at the very top of his lungs.... "F.. U... Night Rider!!!!" 

He then turned to me, winked and said... "But that hit by Purple Haze was for real. Definitely for real. You can tell!!!"

Has the NBA become just like wrastlin'? Sometimes real, sometimes rigged?

Think about it.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

THOUGHT SOME OF YOU GUYS WOULD ENJOY READING SOME COMMENTS ON LAKER FORUMS….

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kobe, is not sharing the ball, everyone knows when he gets the ball, he is going to shoot it, no matter how many team mates he has open. 

It's those darn green shirts....Too much Celtic green in the building is sapping their energy

The Lakers are going through a grieving process with Phil leaving, especially Kobe who must have a strong attachment to him, positive or negative. Grieving doesn't just happen when someone dies or leaves, but also in anticipation. Perhaps during their winning streak, they were in bargaining stage, "we'll listen to you and play hard if you come back." But maybe now their depressed realizing that he won't. Hopefully, they come to acceptance of Phil leaving come playoff time and play their hearts to send him off the right way - winning a championship!

Kobe Bean will make sure they send off Phil the right way. I just can't see them LOSE in this years playoffs. I'm sure Kobe won't allow that to happen.

The Lakers are unbeatable when it's DO or DIE.

LAKERS ALL DAY!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Frankly, I never worry about 0-3.

Also, amazing how some Boston Fans talks smack here, when in fact, they are the ones who are in deeeeeeeeeeppppppp trouble! Good Luck with Nenad at Center. Shaq's not coming back.........LOL!!!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank goodness the long NBA season if FINALLY ending.

The NBA season is just too long. 82 games is just too many. And after 82 games, they let over HALF of the teams into the playoffs from each conference. Pretty goofy if you ask me.

Let's get this season over with already and get on to the real deal.

Lakers Playoffs - "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

THIS ONE I REALLY LOVED !!!

Bynum doesn't get more shots because Kobe continues to take about as many shots as Bynum and Gasol combined. Between his gambling defense giving up wide open shot after wide open shot, and his propensity to dominate the ball of offense (while shooting a low percentage), Kobe is as much to blame for the last 3 losses as anything.

Seems to me that when your young center plays with the energy and passion that Bynum has shown of late (40 rebounds in last 2 games!) you need to reward that effort by pounding the ball to him. Instead, the Lakers (starting with Kobe, but by no means limited to him) jack up three point shots and just mindlessly swing the ball around the perimeter. Every single half court possession should start with a post-entry pass to Bynum or Gasol. That these guys haven't figured this out yet is really, really disappointing. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this separately entitled "Kobe Bryant and Lakers limping into Playoffs"

Truth be told I must admit I was feeling despondent with our slump coupled with the Lakers going 17 - 1  after the Allstar game.  Did they peak too soon? Hmmm….maybe I wish they had gone 25-1 and hit this slump in the 1st round of playoffs.

Anyway, I am a long time Celtic fan going back to Cousy/Sharman days born & spent 21 years in New England but now over 45 years in the West Coast Bay Area…nice place similar to Boston and night and day different from LA.

I hate the Lakers, firstly because I'm a Boston fan, roots run deep, and a local fan 2nd so I see a lot of the Lakers vs. Golden State & West Coast teams. Last night while at the game and hearing a chant that the Bostonians use, I participated in "Beat LA, Beat LA ". Alas, the Lakers got off to a 10-0 start and I had a sick lump in my throat based on the past.  The Lakers had swept the season series with the Warriors four of the past five seasons and had won 26 of the past 29 meetings.

Thought you'd enjoy a few paragraphs I copied & pasted from a local paper…

Updated Apr 7, 2011 2:10 AM ET
    OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP)

"That remarkable start after the All-Star break for the Los Angeles Lakers suddenly seems like a distant memory.

The Lakers looked awful in defeat for the second straight night against an inferior opponent and third game overall. They lost all chance of catching the Spurs for home-court advantage in the playoffs.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson was short on words after the loss but vowed he wouldn't rest his starters over the final four games, even though there's nothing at stake.

''They rested tonight,'' Jackson said.

Kobe Bryant had 25 points and Pau Gasol scored 18 for the Lakers, who also lost at home to short-handed Utah on Tuesday night. Los Angeles, which started 17-1 after the All-Star break, also lost to the Warriors for the first time in 12 games.

''We looked a little heavy, a little sluggish,'' Bryant said. ''We looked a little fatigued. Guys have to really take care of their bodies and get rest when they need to and get re-energized a little bit.''

Bryant brought the Lakers within eight points in a frantic rally in the fourth quarter, but all that did was make the final score seem close. The Warriors trounced Los Angeles for most of the game and relished every second of it afterward.

A night after a lazy loss at home to the depleted Jazz, the Lakers might have played even worse in ending any chance of earning the top seed in the Western Conference. San Antonio's victory over Sacramento, combined with the Lakers' loss, gave the Spurs home-court advantage throughout the West playoffs.

The Lakers were in constant confusion and made mistake after mistake - often in glaring fashion - with Bryant shouting at teammates seemingly after every one. Some passes went into the stands, shots weren't falling and there was little hustle.

Not exactly the kind of performances the two-time defending champions wanted in the home stretch of the regular season.

The Warriors, who handed out ''Beat LA!'' posters to every fan, withstood Bryant's burst in the first quarter that put Los Angeles ahead by 12 points early

''We're not locked in,'' Bynum said. ''We're complacent. I just think we're going out there and playing kind of stupid basketball. We know that come playoff time, everything's going to be fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's hope they can't just turn it on in the playoffs and that our recent slump is over & we demonstrate that even though we've won 2 in a row by beating the Bulls on their court. And we still have a chance for # 1 seed in the East but , at least, let's get homecourt over the Lakers.                       

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : Years ago, I went to a professional wrastlin' match to watch the crowd go nuts. Well the gent right next to me was particularly animated, jumping up and down and screaming his guts out nearly non-stop, really, REALLY getting his money's worth. At some point when the main match was in something of a lull, I turned to him and asked... "Is this stuff for real... or is it all fake?" He turned to me and said thougtfully with a smile... "Its all BS. Everybody know that" and winked at me. The next moment, the villiam in the purple outfit laid a particularly vicious slap to his opponent's snout, knocking him silly/dazed/bloody. Well the same gent next to me went berserk, jumped to his feet again and screamed at the very top of his lungs.... "F.. U... Night Rider!!!!"  He then turned to me, winked and said... "But that hit by Purple Haze was for real. Definitely for real. You can tell!!!" Has the NBA become just like wrastlin'? Sometimes real, sometimes rigged? Think about it. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    How dare you speak of a Southern Institution like Wrestling with such cynicism! j/k Seriously, anytime money is to be gained there is the potential for corruption. Let's face it, Los Angeles is a huge market..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : They got TWENTY FOUL SHOTS IN ONE QUARTER They got FOURTY FOUL SHOTS IN A GAME WHERE THEY ONLY SCORED EIGHTY POINTS - LITERALLY HALF OF THEIR POINTS IN GAME 7 CAME FROM FOUL SHOTS.  RIDICULOUS I don't subscribe to conspiracies, but it's an interesting trend that they're en route to being the least penalized team in NBA history, especially when Derek Fisher can't stay in front of anybody and Artest would be arrested if he tried his defense in broad daylight.  Pau Gasol can do no wrong with his bobblehead bit... I'd be interested to see their record in games where they had a free throw advantage versus games where they had a free throw disadvantage

I feel your pain and have for a year and contributed numerously on the almost 1000 posts "Tainted Title" forum.

But so you don't get a scathing rebuttle from a Laker troll about your math, The Lakers scored 83 points & didn't get 40 points from foul shots. As you'll read below they got 37 total and we 17. From their 20 more they only got 10 more points, 25 to our 15(yup we shot 15 out of a measly 17). But you are correct about the 4 th qtr. They only got 6 for 16 or 12 pts from baskets but got 21 foul shots(we got 17 for the whole game) & 18 points in the 4th from fouls to score 30. The fouls were the KILLER !!!

Comments from another post:

How about stats in Game 7. Want to see evidence of poor offense. Lakers shot 32.5% ( we did a bit better 40.8%). Their guy who walks on water, Avatar Kobe shot a pathetic 25% (6 for 24). Even with the disparity in foul shots of 37 to 17, they made 25 or 67.6% while our 15 was 88.2% of the meager 17 we were awarded. With 20 more foul shots they only got 10 more points and for an NBA champion to shoot 50% only of the extra gifts is pathetic. But, losing by 13 points, the Lakers  scored 30 points in the fourth and only made 6 of 16 ( 12 points) but with 21 foul shots---remember we only got 17 for the whole game---they got an extra 16 points to make the 30. And to think we only lost by 4 pts. I'm still sick about this robbery !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : __________________________________________________ I feel your pain and have for a year and contributed numerously on the almost 1000 posts "Tainted Title" forum. But so you don't get a scathing rebuttle from a Laker troll about your math, The Lakers scored 83 points & didn't get 40 points from foul shots. As you'll read below they got 37 total and we 17. From their 20 more they only got 10 more points, 25 to our 15(yup we shot 15 out of a measly 17). But you are correct about the 4 th qtr. They only got 6 for 16 or 12 pts from baskets but got 21 foul shots(we got 17 for the whole game) & 18 points in the 4th from fouls to score 30. The fouls were the KILLER !!! Comments from another post:   How about stats in Game 7. Want to see evidence of poor offense. Lakers shot 32.5% ( we did a bit better 40.8%). Their guy who walks on water, Avatar Kobe shot a pathetic 25% (6 for 24). Even with the disparity in foul shots of 37 to 17, they made 25 or 67.6% while our 15 was 88.2% of the meager 17 we were awarded. With 20 more foul shots they only got 10 more points and for an NBA champion to shoot 50% only of the extra gifts is pathetic. But, losing by 13 points, the Lakers  scored 30 points in the fourth and only made 6 of 16 ( 12 points) but with 21 foul shots---remember we only got 17 for the whole game---they got an extra 16 points to make the 30. And to think we only lost by 4 pts. I'm still sick about this robbery !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    Based on the number of people that I have spoken with (non-Celtic fans), a bunch of people felt that the Celtics were robbed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : __________________________________________________ I feel your pain and have for a year and contributed numerously on the almost 1000 posts "Tainted Title" forum. But so you don't get a scathing rebuttle from a Laker troll about your math, The Lakers scored 83 points & didn't get 40 points from foul shots. As you'll read below they got 37 total and we 17. From their 20 more they only got 10 more points, 25 to our 15(yup we shot 15 out of a measly 17). But you are correct about the 4 th qtr. They only got 6 for 16 or 12 pts from baskets but got 21 foul shots(we got 17 for the whole game) & 18 points in the 4th from fouls to score 30. The fouls were the KILLER !!! Comments from another post:   How about stats in Game 7. Want to see evidence of poor offense. Lakers shot 32.5% ( we did a bit better 40.8%). Their guy who walks on water, Avatar Kobe shot a pathetic 25% (6 for 24). Even with the disparity in foul shots of 37 to 17, they made 25 or 67.6% while our 15 was 88.2% of the meager 17 we were awarded. With 20 more foul shots they only got 10 more points and for an NBA champion to shoot 50% only of the extra gifts is pathetic. But, losing by 13 points, the Lakers  scored 30 points in the fourth and only made 6 of 16 ( 12 points) but with 21 foul shots---remember we only got 17 for the whole game---they got an extra 16 points to make the 30. And to think we only lost by 4 pts. I'm still sick about this robbery !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  This is what I meant to say if I wasn't too lazy to do the research

INDEPENDENT OF THE HOME TEAM, I wonder if the Lakers lose more often when they don't get a free throw advantage.  I bet they're more dependent on getting the calls than most other teams (they lose more often than other contenders when they don't get gifted with more foul shots)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : Thanks.  This is what I meant to say if I wasn't too lazy to do the research INDEPENDENT OF THE HOME TEAM, I wonder if the Lakers lose more often when they don't get a free throw advantage.  I bet they're more dependent on getting the calls than most other teams (they lose more often than other contenders when they don't get gifted with more foul shots)
    Rule #71: No excuses, play like a champion

Irony, thy name is Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's signature.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The LA conspiracy...Where have all the fool trolls gone? : Thanks.  This is what I meant to say if I wasn't too lazy to do the research INDEPENDENT OF THE HOME TEAM, I wonder if the Lakers lose more often when they don't get a free throw advantage.  I bet they're more dependent on getting the calls than most other teams (they lose more often than other contenders when they don't get gifted with more foul shots)

I would say, on average, without doing any research - that with koME and Gasol on the team, they would usually win the FT battle.  It is not even a question when they are at home.  All the more reason for us to have HCA when we play them.

22. This post has been removed.