The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?

Sounds like you guys might as well throw in the towel now. The fix is on and the Lakers are a lock.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I have to say that this league is definitely in question......consider the history...

last year.....game 7 officiating.....

Tim Donaghy picking most of last years playoff games based on who the refs were

Gasol trade....

Lakers/Kings series 2000(?)

the Patrick Ewing lottery (youtube anyone?)

I am not a conspiracy theory guy.....but I know that the league markets Hollywood big time....and definitely wanted Patrick in New York......just saying...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw?:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like you guys might as well throw in the towel now. The fix is on and the Lakers are a lock.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension 101.

IF the league allows another lopsided lakers trade where they trade basically nothing and get an All-Star, THEN some of us will believe the league wants the lakers to win every year.

IF no trade is made, the lakers are no more a "lock" than the Spurs, Mavs or Thunder.

Hope that helps.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Reading comprehension 101. IF the league allows another lopsided lakers trade where they trade basically nothing and get an All-Star, THEN some of us will believe the league wants the lakers to win every year. IF no trade is made, the lakers are no more a "lock" than the Spurs, Mavs or Thunder. Hope that helps.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I always suspected you were a NBA conspiracy nut in hiding. Good to see you at least being honest about it now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like you guys might as well throw in the towel now. The fix is on and the Lakers are a lock.

I didn't say the Lakers would become invincible, only that the League would help them, as they have previously.  The League wants large market championship series' and champions - that's revenue-driven.  I believe if the Knicks become viable, they too will enjoy the League's largess.  If the Lakers get Anthony, they'd have to give up someone (or two or three players) and they'd lose an asset or two they currently have.  Their record isn't bad, it's just that they can't beat top-tier teams as comprised.  However, adding a forward and subtracting a forward and/or center doesn't guarantee playing in June.  Yes, I believe the League cheats, and I believe there are historical facts to support it; however, I never threw in anything other than my opinion.  I still believe that with all things being equal (no injuries), the Celtics have a more than a great opportunity to win #18.  They might need a tweak, but even that remains to be seen because they've done pretty well so far.  The only towel that would be in my hands would be waving during the parade.  And after showering, of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Seriously, who would want Bynum froma trade perspective?  Don't get me wrong, talented guy and I would like to have him on my team, but I would not trade for him given his injury history.  he already looks old and a bit slow for his age. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : I always suspected you were a NBA conspiracy nut in hiding. Good to see you at least being honest about it now. Are you doing searches for my posts now, hedley? :)

Reading comprehension 102 - second semester.  "Some" of us, (not me) will believe the league wants the lakers to win every year.  I already know they do, I heard Stern say his dream Finals is "Lakers vs Lakers."

Not a conspiracy - that is a fact!!  Hope that helps!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Not necessarily. Melo and Kobe both need the ball a lot. Like Miami with Wade and Lebron...they do similar things and it isn't team ball. When the playoffs come the individual style isn't a winner.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

Melo wouldn't want to play with that ball hog. Melo needs to touch the ball too. KOME can't even share the ball with Gasol and Gasol is very effective.  KOME is a meeball type player.  A pickup game around here and no one would even want to play on his team.  I bet if you could get the truth out of the Laker players I bet they hate playing with him also.  Money is the only reason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]I believe there will definitely be a trade. If it's Melo or CP I won't be complaining. As a poster noted above. Can either play with Bryant? Well Pau fit into the system pretty nicely. So it depends on the personality of the player.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

The Lakers need a PG first and foremost. CP3 would be perfect.

Given the Lakers' poor W/L record when Kobe takes 20+ shots, they really need a table setter to hold the ball,  and get the other big men more involved in the offense. Obviously Fisher, the official PG, is not doing this job.

A perfect game for the Lakers would have been Kobe taking ~15 shots, while both Lamar, CP3 and Pau take 10-15 shots, like the recent win in Denver. That would be tough to beat...

If they don't win this year, the league will gift-wrap them a stud PG next year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I could see Kupchak making a move for Steve Nash and Grant Hill

Artest, Brown, Blake  and #1 for Nash and Hill

Nash
    Kobe
    Hill
    Odom
    Gasol

Fisher
    Bynum
    Barnes

That would get them by the Spurs in the West.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I could see Kupchak making a move for Steve Nash and Grant Hill Artest, Brown, Blake  and #1 for Nash and Hill Nash Kobe Hill Odom Gasol Fisher Bynum Barnes That would get them by the Spurs in the West.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Suns are really that dumb to take on Artest's contract. And don't forget that Artest will be 32 years old next season. 

Guess the Lakers made a mistake by giving Artest a 5-year contract. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : The Lakers need a PG first and foremost. CP3 would be perfect. Given the Lakers' poor W/L record when Kobe takes 20+ shots, they really need a table setter to hold the ball,  and get the other big men more involved in the offense. Obviously Fisher, the official PG, is not doing this job. A perfect game for the Lakers would have been Kobe taking ~15 shots, while both Lamar, CP3 and Pau take 10-15 shots, like the recent win in Denver. That would be tough to beat... If they don't win this year, the league will gift-wrap them a stud PG next year...
    Posted by TheBhoys[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA HA - man is that funny!!  Bynum and Artest for Paul works.  PLEASE make that trade.  Love to see Gasol playing 40+ mins at center, with ole' Theo getting the rest of the time.  Love to see LO being counted on as a starter, rather than the wild card he is as 6th man.  I'm sure Derek ( 5 rings) Fisher and Blake would be more than happy to share the 16 mins Paul and koME don't play with Shannon Brown.............oh wait, koME would have to play SF because Barnes is still out for 6 more weeks.............oh wait, let's see:

Paul
    koME
    WALTON then Barnes
    LO
    Gasol

bench:
    Fisher
    Blake
    Brown/Ebanks
    Caracter
    Ratliff/Smith

Excuse me while I gag on my sandwich, that team is dreadful!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : HA HA HA HA - man is that funny!!  Bynum and Artest for Paul works.  PLEASE make that trade.  Love to see Gasol playing 40+ mins at center, with ole' Theo getting the rest of the time.  Love to see LO being counted on as a starter, rather than the wild card he is as 6th man.  I'm sure Derek ( 5 rings) Fisher and Blake would be more than happy to share the 16 mins Paul and koME don't play with Shannon Brown.............oh wait, koME would have to play SF because Barnes is still out for 6 more weeks.............oh wait, let's see: Paul koME WALTON then Barnes LO Gasol bench: Fisher Blake Brown/Ebanks Caracter Ratliff/Smith Excuse me while I gag on my sandwich, that team is dreadful!!

Go ahead and gag on your sandwich.

Two unproductive players, Artest and Fisher, are really hurting the Lakers this year. If not for his one big game in each of the two recent finals, Fisher would have been cut long ago. The Lakers are paying Fisher just for that tide-turning game each year.

At this moment, a stud PG that keeps Kobe in check is much better than an inconsistent center.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Go ahead and gag on your sandwich. Two unproductive players, Artest and Fisher, are really hurting the Lakers this year. If not for his one big game in each of the two recent finals, Fisher would have been cut long ago. The Lakers are paying Fisher just for that tide-turning game each year. At this moment, a stud PG that keeps Kobe in check is much better than an inconsistent center.

I'll forward your idea to Mitch Kupchak.  That is the dumbest thing I've ever read.  So, Buss pays Fisher for one game a year?  And Artest is not a center.  I know, I know, you'll spin what you wrote to your advantage, but you wrote - Fisher and Artest are really hurting the lakers this year.  Then you wrote all about Fisher getting paid for one game a year.  THEN (and this is the best part) , you wrote that a "stud PG" that keeps koME in check (whatever that means) is better than an inconsistent center.  Ah, glass cow, BYNUM is your center, not Artest...............................know this - Kobe Bryant will not allow - NOT ALLOW - anyone to be the "stud" on this team but him!  I thought you were a lakers fan - you don't know that?

34 - 15  - that is on pace to win 57 games, same as last year  - yep, they are really hurting the lakers this year - what a clown!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : I'll forward your idea to Mitch Kupchak.  That is the dumbest thing I've ever read.  So, Buss pays Fisher for one game a year?  And Artest is not a center.  I know, I know, you'll spin what you wrote to your advantage, but you wrote - Fisher and Artest are really hurting the lakers this year.  Then you wrote all about Fisher getting paid for one game a year.  THEN (and this is the best part) , you wrote that a "stud PG" that keeps koME in check (whatever that means) is better than an inconsistent center.  Ah, glass cow, BYNUM is your center, not Artest...............................know this - Kobe Bryant will not allow - NOT ALLOW - anyone to be the "stud" on this team but him!  I thought you were a lakers fan - you don't know that? 34 - 15  - that is on pace to win 57 games, same as last year  - yep, they are really hurting the lakers this year - what a clown!

Yes, go ahead and forward it to Mitch. I guess Mitch would pass on the opportunity to a Bynum - CP3 deal.  And was that you or the Duke who claimed that Bynum was never a 15-10 guy? that the Lakers shouldn't count on a Bynum to make the difference between a title and no title? as opposed to a 3-time all-star, 2-time all-NBA and all-defensive going into his prime?

Yep, what a clown, a Celtic fan telling us what the Lakers need and what not. Thank god you are not our GM.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Yes, go ahead and forward it to Mitch. I guess Mitch would pass on the opportunity to a Bynum - CP3 deal.  And was that you or the Duke who claimed that Bynum was never a 15-10 guy? that the Lakers shouldn't count on a Bynum to make the difference between a title and no title? as opposed to a 3-time all-star, 2-time all-NBA and all-defensive going into his prime? Yep, what a clown, a Celtic fan telling us what the Lakers need and what not. Thank god you are not our GM.

Never said anything about Bynum and his numbers.  And he WILL pass on that deal, you don't trade a center for a PG, even one as good as Paul.  John Ireland, who covers the lakers and travels with the team, predicted weeks ago that the team was in trouble.  He said when Bynum returns, how much help could he be,  he is the FIFTH option on that team.  Sorry, I'll take his word over yours anyday.  Bynum may be a 15-10 guy, but he didn't play like it on Sunday, or in the Finals last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBhoys. Show TheBhoys's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Never said anything about Bynum and his numbers.  And he WILL pass on that deal, you don't trade a center for a PG, even one as good as Paul.  John Ireland, who covers the lakers and travels with the team, predicted weeks ago that the team was in trouble.  He said when Bynum returns, how much help could he be,  he is the FIFTH option on that team.  Sorry, I'll take his word over yours anyday.  Bynum may be a 15-10 guy, but he didn't play like it on Sunday, or in the Finals last year.

And what are you saying?

"the Lakers were in trouble, Bynum is the fifth option on that team"

So such a guy is so untouchable that we can't even trade for a stud PG?

You aren't fit to be any GM, let alone the Lakers GM.

And I trust my own eyes over your contradictory views anyday.

And what about 34-15 projected to 57Ws?  57Ws last year == #1 seed in the conference? == HCA over the Eastern Conference in 2002 finals (afterall, it's only the Nets or the Celtics). Would that be enough this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

When was the last time the Lakers won a championship when they didn't have HCA in the Finals? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : Never said anything about Bynum and his numbers.  And he WILL pass on that deal, you don't trade a center for a PG, even one as good as Paul.  John Ireland, who covers the lakers and travels with the team, predicted weeks ago that the team was in trouble.  He said when Bynum returns, how much help could he be,  he is the FIFTH option on that team.  Sorry, I'll take his word over yours anyday.  Bynum may be a 15-10 guy, but he didn't play like it on Sunday, or in the Finals last year.

I would trade Bynum for Paul in a minute. The Lakers have Gasol, Joe Smith and Ratliff. You aren't giving up your starting C and Paul is a top 5 PG. Bynum isn't a top 5 C.

It's not good to trade big for small but in some cases it makes sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Not that I think the Nuggets would have interest, but the Lakers could trade Walton, Artest, and their $5.7 mil trade exception(Vujacic) for Melo.  More likely, look for a trade involving Corey Maggette or Mike Dunleavy.  Can they split an exception to get both?  I think they will focus on the SF position and will have to take a bad contract.  Hey maybe Rip Hamilton's contract will do?  Or Tayshaun Prince?  Or both?

PA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum is a 7 foot 20-22 year old. If he came out last year or today he would be the consensus #1 pick. How you think he's NOT a big trading chip is perplexing.

Not if Wall, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Howard, Rose, Griffith, came out.  Should I go on if we are going to use the word IF?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : I would trade Bynum for Paul in a minute. The Lakers have Gasol, Joe Smith and Ratliff. You aren't giving up your starting C and Paul is a top 5 PG. Bynum isn't a top 5 C. It's not good to trade big for small but in some cases it makes sense.

Didn't you just say that Bynum would be a consensus number one Pick?  You were argueing for him and one post and trading for him in another?  Which way is it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Loss to the Celtics the Last Straw? : And what are you saying? "the Lakers were in trouble, Bynum is the fifth option on that team" So such a guy is so untouchable that we can't even trade for a stud PG? You aren't fit to be any GM, let alone the Lakers GM. And I trust my own eyes over your contradictory views anyday. And what about 34-15 projected to 57Ws?  57Ws last year == #1 seed in the conference? == HCA over the Eastern Conference in 2002 finals (afterall, it's only the Nets or the Celtics). Would that be enough this year?  

Is this even written in English?  I don't understand one word of this, but let me dumb it down for you:
    1.  I could care less if the lakers make a trade or not.
    2.  If Bynum is so valuable, how come he is always involved in trade talks?
    3.  If you can tell me why NO, who already has Okafor, and is playing really well right now, would trade their best player for another center, I'd love to hear it.
    4.  They won 57 games last year, and are on pace for 57 this year.  Actually, it's 56.86, but I rounded!
    5.  I am not contradictory, I am stating things that I heard on the radio -710 ESPN, LOS ANGELES - THE LAKERS STATION.  These guys have Jeannie Buss on about once a month, and they are THE LAKERS STATION.  John Ireland, who travels with the team said 3 weeks ago they were in trouble.......now, here comes the hard part for you..............I NEVER SAID THAT - that was Mr. Ireland.  I merely repeated what I heard - that is not contradictory - look it up.
    6.  I could care less what you believe or don't.  You are a stalker and a hater, and your opinions mean nothing on this board.  I have several friends and colleagues who are lakers fans, in addition to my research on the trade.  All of these people know that Gasol was gifted to the lakers AFTER Bynum got hurt AND that Game 7 was very poorly officiated.  So, here is my choice.  I can take my research and the opinion of MANY lakers fans I know, or I can scrap all that and listen to you.  Let me think about that..............

Okay, I'm back.  I'm going with Option A.  Now.....you cannot change my mind, and I cannot change yours.  You can spew all the bile you want, it won't matter.  I am asking and requesting that you leave me alone, and don't respond to my posts.  You know what will happen   - ask Glasgowrangers next time you see him!!  I'm done with you - go harass someone else!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not a big fan of John Ireland. He may travel with the team, but his knowledge of the game is questionable at best. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Not a big fan of John Ireland. He may travel with the team, but his knowledge of the game is questionable at best. 

But I assume yours isn't?