The Master Plan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: The Master Plan

The best part is that it isn't Wiggins or bust. As long as we get into the lottery, we have a chance. All we need is a top 5 pick and we can likely land a franchise player.

If we get lucky in 2014 without having to cash in any additional assets to move up into that top5 land, we are in a position to better our team every year with two first round picks..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Just look at what the Lakers are doing and compare that to what Ainge is doing for the Celts.

The Lakers signed guys like Chris Kaman and Nick Young.

That's a sign of a team wanting to win.

Ainge is saying the Celts will not be tanking.

But moves like waiving Shavlik is an indication of tanking.

Shav would just have cost the Celts 1m and he would've been a big help coming off the bench.

Right now the Celts have Oly, Sully, Faverani, Bass, and Humphries as bigs and only Faverani is the true Center.

That's not a team built to win.

====================================

Hope you are not implying that we would have been conference contenders this coming season had we signed Kaman & Young.

Now, with Rondo out last season and our poor rebounding record, yup, Young & Kaman along with PP & KG, might have helped us get by the Knicks but the Heat...don't think so.

But I will agree that Kaman & Young will help the Lakers with their aging pros, Kobe, Gasol & Nash, more that they would have helped us but conference contenders, don't think so or, at least, I hope not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE......I guess the Jordan rules now exist in high school.......I'm not sure but did he take three, four, or five steps on that dunk....?  ......no doubt that I'd like to see him in a Celtic uniform...!

To be honest, I don't see 5 steps there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

What type of fan base wants it's team to tank????? I can not believe a Boston Celtics fan base wanting a team to tank for one player when it has always been about team play (UBUNTU). How things have change. Where is that "Celtics pride" You all have referred to and preached about????? I don't know if it's only on this board or not but I am quite sure in www.samcelt.forumotion.net no one wants to tank. Maybe one or two but I don't think any of them want to tank. They are true knowledgeable Celtics fans who are really an example and have the experience of what it really means when you say Celtics Pride. It is pathetic and shameful that Celtics fan base, with all the great history it's franchise has wants to tank. I guess it's the changing of times. Me as a Lakers fan will always want us to win and would never accept tanking. I like what we are doing and we will have cap space and a great place to play like LA. After I wrote this I went and took a look at the first page of Sam's board and did not see anything about tanking. Here take a look:  http://samcelt.forumotion.net/f1-hot-celtics-and-basketball-topics

My guess is no one here is over 40 to understand what Celtics Pride is all about. This is sad but true. For the sake of the "Celtics Pride" I hope management doesn't think like the fan base on this board. For those that don't believe in tanking my respects. You really know what Celtics Pride is all about. For the rest well you already know what I think...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

What type of fan base wants it's team to tank????? I can not believe a Boston Celtics fan base wanting a team to tank for one player when it has always been about team play (UBUNTU). How things have change. Where is that "Celtics pride" You all have referred to and preached about????? I don't know if it's only on this board or not but I am quite sure in www.samcelt.forumotion.net no one wants to tank. Maybe one or two but I don't think any of them want to tank. They are true knowledgeable Celtics fans who are really an example and have the experience of what it really means when you say Celtics Pride. It is pathetic and shameful that Celtics fan base, with all the great history it's franchise has wants to tank. I guess it's the changing of times. Me as a Lakers fan will always want us to win and would never accept tanking. I like what we are doing and we will have cap space and a great place to play like LA. After I wrote this I went and took a look at the first page of Sam's board and did not see anything about tanking. Here take a look:  http://samcelt.forumotion.net/f1-hot-celtics-and-basketball-topics

My guess is no one here is over 40 to understand what Celtics Pride is all about. This is sad but true. For the sake of the "Celtics Pride" I hope management doesn't think like the fan base on this board. For those that don't believe in tanking my respects. You really know what Celtics Pride is all about. For the rest well you already know what I think...

No.  I'm over forty and have been a Celtics fan for over 30 years.  I also understand that in professional basketball, in most cases, you have to be bad to become good.  This is Boston.  It is not LA or Miami.  Free agents do not want to come here.  I do not look at this coming year as "tanking."  I honestly look at it as a developmental year.  I want to see how Jeff Green responds to being "the man."  I want to see if Sully is a legitamite player.  I want to see how Olynyk matches up against NBA talent.  I can't wait for this upcoming season and it has nothing to do with the 2014 draft.  As a basketball fan, I will always choose to watch young players develop over old players declining....which is what we would be watching if we had kept PP and KG.  I don't understand why people don't understand this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

No.  I'm over forty and have been a Celtics fan for over 30 years.  I also understand that in professional basketball, in most cases, you have to be bad to become good.  This is Boston.  It is not LA or Miami.  Free agents do not want to come here.  I do not look at this coming year as "tanking."  I honestly look at it as a developmental year.  I want to see how Jeff Green responds to being "the man."  I want to see if Sully is a legitamite player.  I want to see how Olynyk matches up against NBA talent.  I can't wait for this upcoming season and it has nothing to do with the 2014 draft.  As a basketball fan, I will always choose to watch young players develop over old players declining....which is what we would be watching if we had kept PP and KG.  I don't understand why people don't understand this.

[/QUOTE]

My respects my friend. By what I read in your post you rather make the playoffs even if it's the 8th seed because you do not believe in tanking. Have the Celtics had any need to tank to get any of their 17 rings? No. Much respects to you my friend. Wink

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My respects my friend. By what I read in your post you rather make the playoffs even if it's the 8th seed because you do not believe in tanking. Have the Celtics had any need to tank to get any of their 17 rings? No. Much respects to you my friend. Wink

[/QUOTE]

No.  I don't believe in "tanking."  I don't believe the Celtics are "tanking" this year.  Again, they are using this year to develop young players which will not result in wins this year, but may result in wins in years to come.  No, I would not rather make the playoffs as a 5-8 seed than be in the lottery.  If you are not a 3 seed or better, then you have no chance to win an NBA championship.  If you have watched professional basketball for a while, then you will know that you have to become bad to be good and being mired in mediocrity is death in the NBA.  Again, we are not LA.  We are not going to lure free agents in their prime like Shaq.  It's just not going to happen.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fair enough, but are you realistic on how long it will take to rebuild from the draft?  Just look at OKC and that's if you get lucky...just sayin'.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I don't believe in "tanking."  I don't believe the Celtics are "tanking" this year.  Again, they are using this year to develop young players which will not result in wins this year, but may result in wins in years to come.  No, I would not rather make the playoffs as a 5-8 seed than be in the lottery.  If you are not a 3 seed or better, then you have no chance to win an NBA championship.  If you have watched professional basketball for a while, then you will know that you have to become bad to be good and being mired in mediocrity is death in the NBA.  Again, we are not LA.  We are not going to lure free agents in their prime like Shaq.  It's just not going to happen.

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

A percentage of us understand how to run a business, and sometimes you have to close a factory down to re-tool! DA is in the process of re-tooling! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Look!  It's going to take more than a few years to build through the draft!  Celtics fans are spoiled because they think it can ge done in 3 years or less. Guillotine

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

If the Celtics build through the draft it's going to take 5-10 years.

It's possible the Celts can become contenders in 3 years if Ainge is able to repeat what he did in 2007, acquire a franchise player.

But it's a no-brainer that the Celts should try to get Andrew Wiggins.

Back in 2007, if the Celts got Oden or Durant in the draft, Ainge would NOT have traded for Ray or KG. 

The Spurs built through the draft in 3 years - 1997-99 when they hit homeruns with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.  That core has carried then for 14 years.  So, it can be done.  It's not likely, though.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

[QUOTE]

A cinematic version of DA's Master Plan!

21 Reasons Everyone Is Talking About Andrew Wiggins

[/QUOTE]

Not only does AW have the hops, he also has the desire to take it inside and mix it up with the big boys! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

If the Celtics build through the draft it's going to take 5-10 years.

It's possible the Celts can become contenders in 3 years if Ainge is able to repeat what he did in 2007, acquire a franchise player.

But it's a no-brainer that the Celts should try to get Andrew Wiggins.

Back in 2007, if the Celts got Oden or Durant in the draft, Ainge would NOT have traded for Ray or KG. 

I sense a shift in your "rebuild thru the draft" position to one more alligned to my own ... What took you so long or better yet, what was the convincing evidence?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

I sense a shift in your "rebuild thru the draft" position to one more alligned to my own ... What took you so long or better yet, what was the convincing evidence?

I'm just pointing out that a scenario like the one in 2007, the KG trade, shortens the rebuilding process.

If the Celts get lucky and end up with Andrew Wiggins, Ainge should stop building through the draft.

We'll know more this coming season what direction Ainge will take.

If Ainge trades Rondo then definitely that means build through the draft. 

[/QUOTE]

But you started off telling us that the only way to rebuild was thru the draft and it would take 10 yrs!

Now you are saying 5 yrs and maybe 2-3 yrs if Danny does some horse trading ...

Sounds like you are flip flopping .... Good to see you agreeing with me on this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Don't drone on about Celtic's Pride.....it's all about winning...that's what Celtic's Pride is about, not "Daring to be Mediocre", which we all know is what they were last year...they were very lucky the year before that...last year's version was an early playoff exit wating to happen, which it did...

Let's rebuild, not tank, we'll stink, too bad, let's do what we have to do to learn patience and appreciate the development of young talent into a T-E-A-M that can hustle, play smart, play tough, play D and W-I-N...that's the essence of Celtic's Pride.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

But you started off telling us that the only way to rebuild was thru the draft and it would take 10 yrs!

Sounds like you are flip flopping .... Good to see you agreeing with me on this one.

It's possible in 2-3 years the Celts would be contenders if Ainge does some horse trading.

But if Ainge builds through the draft, I still believe it's going to take 10 years.

If Rondo gets traded then the first 5 years will be development phase. 

From year 6 to year 10, that's where the new era of Celtic players get their shot at making it to the Finals.

To simplify, what I'm saying is if Ainge keeps Rondo, that 2-3 years you're talking about is possible. But if Ainge builds through the draft, it's going to take 10 years, more or less.

[/QUOTE]

Now seriously ... You don't know what Ainge will do?  C'mon, instead of posting BS what if threads, why don't you post a thread of the most logical rebuild that Danny/C's will take?

We both know that $ drives this business and that there is no way this organization will lay down and take the longest route in lieu of the quickest to becoming a contender again. Just tell everyone what you admitted above. Keeping RR is the fastest route to a complete rebuild. Adding a draft pick here, a free agent when able, another draft pick there as well as some slick horse trading gets us back to ECF ... Assuming no surprise injuries, the coaching staff gels and we don't pick any more draftees with heart conditions, bad backs, flat feet or bipolar disease.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

It's possible in 2-3 years the Celts would be contenders if Ainge does some horse trading.

But if Ainge builds through the draft, I still believe it's going to take 10 years.

If Rondo gets traded then the first 5 years will be development phase. 

From year 6 to year 10, that's where the new era of Celtic players get their shot at making it to the Finals.

To simplify, what I'm saying is if Ainge keeps Rondo, that 2-3 years you're talking about is possible. But if Ainge builds through the draft, it's going to take 10 years, more or less.

Now seriously ... You don't know what Ainge will do?  C'mon, instead of posting BS what if threads, why don't you post a thread of the most logical rebuild that Danny/C's will take?

We both know that $ drives this business and that there is no way this organization will lay down and take the longest route in lieu of the quickest to becoming a contender again. Just tell everyone what you admitted above. Keeping RR is the fastest route to a complete rebuild. Adding a draft pick here, a free agent when able, another draft pick there as well as some slick horse trading gets us back to ECF ... Assuming no surprise injuries, the coaching staff gels and we don't pick any more draftees with heart conditions, bad backs, flat feet or bipolar disease.

[/QUOTE

On the topic of keeping RR! Do we know what signals RR and or his agent are sending the Cs about his future intentions? I have not read anything lately!

DA has to take this variable into account when developing a plan to get the Cs back to contender status. 

If RR wants to stay with the Cs 2-summers from now, and the Cs want to keep him, then by all means include RR in the master plan. BUT if the feeling is not mutual on either side then?

Point being RR is going to have a say on whether he comes or go real soon!