The Miami Hate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

The Miami Hate

Larry, Magic, MJ, Charles......These 3 in Miami are getting burried left & right. & they deserve it. David Stern feared this might happen, but it might actually be good for the league after all. It seems like all NBA fans might share 1 commonality now.......Let's call it the Miami Hate effect.....

The idea of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh manipulating today's NBA free agency world has certainly generated a great deal of negative feedback. And now add Earvin "Magic" Johnson to the list of former NBA players who have questioned how James, Wade and Bosh decided this summer to become teammates together with the Miami Heat. "We didn't think about it 'cause that's not what we were about," Johnson said at Baruch College in New York, according to Bloomberg News. "From college, I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird." FanHouse

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team', " said Jordan, the majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats who led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys." Even Charles Barkley, who never played on an NBA championship team, recently chipped in on the debate. FanHouse

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0uN8rDPyO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The Miami Hate

In Response to Re: The Miami Hate:
    What Le no ring Bron did will start the exodus of all the  franchise player who are     playing with sucky teams. You hear Carmelo & Chris Paul now irking their employeer. Those big markets like NY-Boston-Miami-Lakers-Orlando etc etc will  have no problem but those in the boondocks will suffer the most.  I'm sure the weasel STERN now looking to counter this move. I will not be surprised if Stern is now drafting a new rules. 
    Posted by CHEisCHE

You might be right.  If other similar teams are formed similar to Miami, it would definitely not be good for the league. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Red-Doc-Redemption -

Good post!  The only part I disagree with is this Miami-thing being good for the league. 

Cleveland and Toronto are not going to be as good.  As a result, attendance will be down in both cities.  Miami's revenue increase won't cover the losses in both those cities.  Toronto is in Canada (obviously) and with the NBA trying to become a global league, having a losing team that can't keep stars in Canada doesn't help. 

Plus, this new Super Team is supposed to win it all.  What happens to Miami and the NBA if they can't get it done?  Will their poster boy LeBron lose some of his luster?  Can the NBA market around a player so hated right now?  They've come a long way from the league that promoted teams and are now a league who markets individuals. 

I'm a little happy about a "yankee's-type" mercenary team full of A-Rods for me to jeer and hate all year.....especially in the east.  Sure the Lakers are hateable enough, but we only get that action in the Finals.

None of these guys are the players that KG, PP, and RA are.  Maybe they're better athletes at this point in their career than those 3 were when they teamed up, but its about becoming a team.  All 3 were done being the #1 guy, nobody was looking to "build their brand", they just wanted to win.  If they win, they're supposed to and that's bad for the league and if they don't, it may turn out to be worse!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The end of LeBron,
        ...from then on he is just like Iverson.

I remember when ALI won over Frazer in "trilla in manila"
        He said, "winning is close to death and hard but I did it"

Le no ring bron has nothing to do with that. He wants easy out.
    Like a catfish, wants easy food...a bottom feeder type of guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

that some celtics fans are hypocrites
    Posted by cantstopme

Its different when stars are gathered via trade vs colaborating to all land on the same team via free agency.....Like Larry said, he looked forward to playing & beating Magic more than anything. He never thought about playing with him.

Its no wonder LeBron is a Yankees fan, he has that "if i can't beat 'em, join 'em attitude"......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What Le no ring Bron did will start the exodus of all the  franchise player who are     playing with sucky teams.
    You hear Carmelo & Chris Paul now irking their employeer. Those big markets like NY-Boston-Miami-Lakers-Orlando etc etc will  have no problem but those in the boondocks will suffer the most. 

I'm sure the weasel STERN now looking to counter this move.
    I will not be surprised if Stern is now drafting a new rules. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Come on guys,

The Celtics got KG, The Lakers got Gasol in interesting, or as some say, clandestine ways. Lets see if these guys have what it takes. Mebron still talks about himself in the third person, and he has always wanted a supporting cast, not a team.

If we can fill in the TA slot with an effective defender, I still like our chances.

These former stars named above are more interested in preserving their own legacies and reputations, than anything else. Take their statements as self serving," this is why I am better than Lebron" statements.

Magic had Kareem, and Worthy. Jordan had Pippen and a great supporting cast, and Larry had Kevin, Chief, and others. Nobody wins it by themselves, and each team is put together in a different way.

How about Red and the way he got Larry. Yah he was smart, but it was unconventional. Just because Lebron has the clout and intelligence to bring a team together in a different way, should not affect people outside of Ohio.

I would be more concerned about how the NBA calls games than about the Miami Heat's roster. That is something that should really be changed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Of course, he had insider information to strengthen his testicular fortitude enabling him to cut nearly his entire roster to get a chance at throwing 7 or 11 just once. Think he would have risked the next 3-5 yrs of the twilight of his career if he wasn't sure Wade was coming back let alone with at least one buddy?
    Posted by Mployee8
         You make a good point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: The Miami Hate : Its different when stars are gathered via trade vs colaborating to all land on the same team via free agency.....Like Larry said, he looked forward to playing & beating Magic more than anything. He never thought about playing with him. Its no wonder LeBron is a Yankees fan, he has that "if i can't beat 'em, join 'em attitude"......
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

Great post and I definitely agree with you.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Give credit to Reinsdorf/Bulls ... the guy wouldn't be played by the players. His GM didn't let Bosh video tape their private meetings so he and his home boys could joke about it later and refused to clear anymore cap space until he got a commitment from either Wade, Bosh or James. Smart business man or else he smelled a rat ...

NY had been preparing for over a year, NJ a late player with new management and Cleveland not having a clue that the rug was being pulled out from under their feet. Wonder if Bosh was able to video that meeting ... they must be getting a good laugh over the kowtowing by the Cavs Mgmt/Owner trying to get Bosh to help them retain Bron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Of course, he had insider information to strengthen his testicular fortitude enabling him to cut nearly his entire roster to get a chance at throwing 7 or 11 just once. Think he would have risked the next 3-5 yrs of the twilight of his career if he wasn't sure Wade was coming back let alone with at least one buddy?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Red-Doc-Redemption, you are right.  I think, most every team in the league will be planning on how to take them down.  The Miami Hate are a marked team.  Pat Riley is the President down in Miami.  He may have been the puppet master and the main culprit in setting up the Miami Hate or Cheat or whatever else you want to call them.  Duane Wade might have been his young impressionable puppet recruiter.  I'm speculating, the three young super stars may have come up with the idea but Pat Riley knew how to pull it off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Regardless of Riley's fortitude, it is an interesting way to try to rebuild a team.  The Heat, Knicks, and to a lesser extent the Bulls and Nets. are trying this.  The Bulls had a good young core and shed all of their contracts down to that core.  Pretty much similar for the Nets although they have had better draft position.  The Knicks and Heat have both shed just about everyone.  The Heat have gotten what looks like the potential turnaround and maybe dominance through this strategy.  The Knicks, we'll have to wait and see.  How many years will it take, if they can even do it.

From the sense of turnaround time, This strategy could provide overnight success, although I doubt NJ would think so.

PA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Fans are going to either love or hate the Heat this season. There won't be any middle ground.
       I'm looking forward to the C's playing them because I want the C's to take em down. I'd feel a little more confident if Ainge would sign a solid backup small forward to replace T.A. I believe Ainge will. However I admit I'm starting to get a little impatient.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Fans are going to either love or hate the Heat this season. There won't be any middle ground.    I'm looking forward to the C's playing them because I want the C's to take em down. I'd feel a little more confident if Ainge would sign a solid backup small forward to replace T.A. I believe Ainge will. However I admit I'm starting to get a little impatient.
    Posted by mem17

I feel like DA has doing in the works for 'Sheed's contract. We need an athletic wing. DA is figuring out who is on the market. What might happen is say if we go after Jamario Moon in cle, Shaq signs the vet min w/cleve & we get Moon & O'neal for wallace's ghost contract. Cleve gets cap room when sheed retires....My bet is that sheed comes back in a PJ Brown role after the all-star break prorated contract

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

If the C's sign Shaq, there won't be any need for Sheed to return. There will already be 5 bigs in the rotation with K.G, J. O'neal, B.B., Perk and Shaq.