The negativity here totally blows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Re: The negativity here totally blows

we also though JO would be good last year..............why are we thinking that again??????? what did he do to convince us that he is different THIS YEAR??
    He will get injured and we all know it. So what's the backup plan?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : KG's career playoff average is 38.9 minutes per game. When we won in 2008 KG was averaging 38 minutes per game. In last season's playoffs, KG just averaged 36.4 minutes per game. That's why I disagree with you, you keep making excuses for KG. Remember, when the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG was averaging 20 points per game. Against the Heat last season, when KG scored 20 points the Celts won. Unfortunately KG only did that once.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

KG needs to play 30 minutes at most per game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I think we all know that we're probably not going to win a title this year.
    However, the key word is "probably". You never know what can happen regarding injuries etc, also on other teams. We do have a shot.
    It should be an interesting regular season though, more teams in the mix this year.
    I'll enjoy it and whatever happens, happens!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I like our bench right now better than last year's.  I don't know what you guys are seeing.

Last year - Delonte was hurt, Wafer Nate, Marquis, Davis and JON (Shaq started, Perk was hurt) and Luke and Semih
    This year - Dooling, Marqus, Sasha, Moore, Green, Daniels, Bass, Wilcox, JJJ

Our #1 problem last year was rebounding.  Has DA improved that?  Our #2 problem was - the bench couldn't score, they would lose leads, hence, we'd have to play our starters more.  I think DA has addressed that as well.  If Green scores, and we get occasional good games from Sasha, Moore, JJJ and Dooling, our bench is better....remember NO ONE scored on the bench last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

So, are Bird, Parish, and McHale going to walk through that door?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]I like our bench right now better than last year's.  I don't know what you guys are seeing. Last year - Delonte was hurt, Wafer Nate, Marquis, Davis and JON (Shaq started, Perk was hurt) and Luke and Semih This year - Dooling, Marqus, Sasha, Moore, Green, Daniels, Bass, Wilcox, JJJ Our #1 problem last year was rebounding.  Has DA improved that?  Our #2 problem was - the bench couldn't score, they would lose leads, hence, we'd have to play our starters more.  I think DA has addressed that as well.  If Green scores, and we get occasional good games from Sasha, Moore, JJJ and Dooling, our bench is better....remember NO ONE scored on the bench last year.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

With wobbly JO starting at center for what, 15-20 mins per game, who's stepping into the 5 as backup?? Please dont tell me KG... he cant even move Spudd Webb from the post. Not only does that weaken us at the 5, it dramatically weakens us at the 4 as well... having KG play minutes at center.

You are correct that one of our biggest problems was rebounding... do you see us having improved in that area?? No way!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

name by name with stats..how have we improved?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jayhawk. Show Jayhawk's posts

I don't know that it's negativity to state that this Celts team will probably finish somewhere around 45-50 wins and get bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs. This team is older and on the downslide... I don't think it's unfair to start looking at the future and wonder what this team can do to ensure we don't see a repeat of the 90s.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Well, we don't really have a backup center at the moment.  Could be one of the camp invites, or Wilcox.  Bass and Wilcox are better rebounders than Davis - look up your own stats!
    And if Green starts and Pierce comes off the bench, would you say we have a bad bench?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

JON is next to useless. Nobody in there right mind including Doc thinks he will be a factor this year.  He really defines the limitations of this year in my mind. Never have I seen a player lose entire offensive game like JON.  He was once a force on offense and is now unable to make an open 5 to 10 foot jumper. Worse than Rondo even. This fact alone should have kept Danny away from him. Forget his defense he is such a liability on offense the teams can put five men on our best three.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : KG's career playoff average is 38.9 minutes per game. When we won in 2008 KG was averaging 38 minutes per game. In last season's playoffs, KG just averaged 36.4 minutes per game. That's why I disagree with you, you keep making excuses for KG. Remember, when the Celts won a championship in 2008, KG was averaging 20 points per game. Against the Heat last season, when KG scored 20 points the Celts won. Unfortunately KG only did that once.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I just THINK you like to argue silly points and other times I KNOW you like to make and argue silly points.  I never made any excuses for KG.  One more thing you made up.  In fact, READ MY POST:  ".....KG is older...  All good points but time to move on".   How is that an excuse.  I said "all good points".   Stop making things up to support your ongoing consistent debate with yourself.  I am not debating whether KG is as good as 3 years ago.  One more time - WHO SAID HE WAS AS GOOD AS 3 YEARS AGO?  Stop it, please!

I have said he didn't have a great series but he played ok.  The reason we lost, in case you can't read, were the other things like Center rebounding, Wade performance, Lebron performance, etc.  

You just can't let go huh?   Well, I'm moving on.   

To the topic of the thread, I agree with the original poster that there's too much of a negative view and I'll leave it at that.  Disagree with yourself from this point on about the Miami series and KG's performance.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows :  You may be right about our bench, but we all thought we had a great bench last year. What i agree with Fierce about is even if our bench is better, KG, Ray and Pierce will not be better, in all probability they will be a little worse, it's not thier fault, they will try as hard as ever. What Fierce can see is age is finally taking a toll on our big 3, and there is nothing they or we can do about it!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Agree, they will be a little older than last year.  But, the bench is a little stronger.  That said, the question is how far will they go?  I'm realistic but hopeful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

This team is old....half of them were playing when Moses played for Jerusalem. This team will do no better than last year, believe it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : I cant agree that KG, Ray & PP will be the same players they were in May, which by the way was very inconsistent. At their respective ages, time takes away. Its not like they are 27 and we should expect the same as last year at a minimum. I feel the opposite applies. OF the remaining ( and lets use the players that actually got decent playing time)... lets call BBS/Bass a wash, even though many feel more strongly in both directions.... additionally replaced West with Dooling West, got back if anything a just as good Quis if we're lucky, and picked up some more journeyman/fillin type players to replace the same. Shaq is gone. Green should be better... Rondo, who knows how he deals with all the trade issues. I dont see the improvement. I dont see one clear upgrade except perhaps Green. Everything else on the roster appears to be the same at best, but likely down a notch. Add to that all the back-2-backs for the oldtimers and no backup center for sure-to-be injured JO, who can only be good for how many minutes? Wish I could agree with you on this.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

While not as good as 3 years ago and not as good as 2 years ago, I don't see aging from May to December as a big issue.   But, who knows....maybe you are right.  Only time will tell so I can't wait until the Christmas day to see our players play the game.   That's where I agree with the original post - at that time we get to see and we don't have to project anymore.....the actual evidence will be right in front of us and I'll join the criticism if they aren't playing well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]This team is old....half of them were playing when Moses played for Jerusalem. This team will do no better than last year, believe it.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Moses played for Egypt, nimrod!

lakers still older!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]name by name with stats..how have we improved?
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]

stats:  Shaq didn't play at all in the playoffs.  So, no stats to compare to.  In regular season he missed over half the season so his stats only helped in the first 1/3 of the season.  JON missed almost all the season and so did Delonte.  BBD was great until the end of the season and then in the playoffs he got 3.6 rebounds, 4.9 points in 21 minutes and shot 11 free throws in 9 playoff games.  Bass, on the other hand made 7.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and shot 13 FT's in only 6 games.  Wilcox compares to who...Murphy? ......who make 2 points per game at best and maybe 2 or 3 rebounds.  Wilcox averaged 7.5 points and 5 rebounds.

This is not a superstar bench, but its an improvement over last year don't you think?  I am not predicting a championship, but I'm saying this bench will provide more rest for KG, Pierce, Ray than last year's oft injured bench did.  That may give us a chance to beat teams like the Knicks in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And Doc said today (or yesterday) that he really likes Moore's attitude and defense - so let's hope the 4 year college player can help us right away, and take Bradley's mins!!

Doc Rivers said rookie E'Twaun Moore was "one of the best players in the gym today, forget being a rookie. The white (team) won both scrimmages and he carried the game."

From the Celtics blog!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]We will all be pleasantly surprised to see the team do well.  The fun most of us have is discussing the team and being critical or realistic.  The enemy is the Lakers and other teams in the NBA. We have room for people who are waiting to see how we do but let's face your comments will be limited.  People with opinions are pointing out what they think should be done by management and what to expect with moves and decisions made thus far. If the Celtics come out and play like they did in 2007-8 I will quickly change my tune and admit how wrong I am as I am sure other naysayers will do as well.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    IMHO concord27, some people on this board just like the taste of koolaid

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]And Doc said today (or yesterday) that he really likes Moore's attitude and defense - so let's hope the 4 year college player can help us right away, and take Bradley's mins!! Doc Rivers said rookie E'Twaun Moore was "one of the best players in the gym today, forget being a rookie. The white (team) won both scrimmages and he carried the game." From the Celtics blog!

Probably just encouragement to the young man.   Let's hope there's really something behind it in terms of real play in games.   He'll get minutes in the 2 preseason games and we'll see if any of that is true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : Probably just encouragement to the young man.   Let's hope there's really something behind it in terms of real play in games.   He'll get minutes in the 2 preseason games and we'll see if any of that is true.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

When are those, and does anyone have a link to watch them on computer?
    Thanks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : When are those, and does anyone have a link to watch them on computer? Thanks!

The first one is the 18th, i can't recall when the second one is. I wonder if they will be on league pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]And Doc said today (or yesterday) that he really likes Moore's attitude and defense - so let's hope the 4 year college player can help us right away, and take Bradley's mins!! Doc Rivers said rookie E'Twaun Moore was "one of the best players in the gym today, forget being a rookie. The white (team) won both scrimmages and he carried the game." From the Celtics blog!

Is Doc playing the white players against the blacks?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The negativity here totally blows : Moses played for Egypt, nimrod! lakers still older!

Nice touch with the nimrod thing!!