The new center n krstic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3+pointer. Show 3+pointer's posts

The new center n krstic?

He is good thanks danny boy what a center and he is a bench guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: The new center n krstic?

His help defense was outstanding.  Got pushed around a little under the rim by Kaman but I have seen him do the same to Perk.  He was in a lot of foul trouble so that might have had a little to do with it.  A jump shot?  Sweet.  Not getting his shot blocked under the rim?  Priceless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoolHandLk. Show CoolHandLk's posts

Six offensive boards according to the box score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Still have to wait to see what other additions we have to this team.  This should happen soon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

6 offensive boards but a couple came off his own misses... still good to see some O boards. Too bad he had zero defensive boards in all his time.

Hit that nice jumper and was active. Hes gonna help us 

This wasnt even a good game to judge the new players.... obviously they just got here but the game was so sloppy too, led by Rondo, how could anyone really get into a groove. 

Gotta like DWest making some big 3's and getting the team under control

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: The new center n krstic?:
    [QUOTE]6 offensive boards but a couple came off his own misses... still good to see some O boards. Too bad he had zero defensive boards in all his time. Hit that nice jumper and was active. Hes gonna help us  This wasnt even a good game to judge the new players.... obviously they just got here but the game was so sloppy too, led by Rondo, how could anyone really get into a groove.  Gotta like DWest making some big 3's and getting the team under control
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Having Delonte come in and give the team some calming, steadying adult leadership at the PG position is a sight for sore eyes.

No hotdoggin with too much mustard. No hero ball. No razzle dazzle. No stupid TOs. Plain vanilla!

Move the ball around...  and find the open man. 5 on 5!

Great fundamental bball... and it all comes so easily when the defense can't cheat without paying a price.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Delonte looked super smooth and confident, when they had Rondo, Delonte, Pierce, Green and Big baby they looked super fresh and fast.

The only problem with this line up was the center position we really need to get KG in this line up so they can push the floor.

But they looked alot faster at times with Delonte

I only hope we can grab a player like Murphy and Kapono that would make the second line up complete

Delonte
    Von Wafer
    Kapono
    Green
    Murphy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Kristic was very good. Green did not have a good game, but he will be very good. You could tell from his aggressiveness. West has his swagger back. He was outstanding. This team has a great oppurtunity. Ray Allen 27 minutes? I like that along with the rest of the starters minutes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]6 offensive boards but a couple came off his own misses... still good to see some O boards. Too bad he had zero defensive boards in all his time. Hit that nice jumper and was active. Hes gonna help us  This wasnt even a good game to judge the new players.... obviously they just got here but the game was so sloppy too, led by Rondo, how could anyone really get into a groove.  Gotta like DWest making some big 3's and getting the team under control
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Somebody forgot to tell him that we don't get offensive rebounds , we run back on defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new center n krstic? : Somebody forgot to tell him that we don't get offensive rebounds , we run back on defense.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Let's not tell him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new center n krstic? : Somebody forgot to tell him that we don't get offensive rebounds , we run back on defense.
    Not so loud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Delonte looked super smooth and confident, when they had Rondo, Delonte, Pierce, Green and Big baby they looked super fresh and fast. The only problem with this line up was the center position we really need to get KG in this line up so they can push the floor. But they looked alot faster at times with Delonte I only hope we can grab a player like Murphy and Kapono that would make the second line up complete Delonte Von Wafer Kapono Green Murphy
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]delonte is the key at the POINT.. but come on, you do know that baby is part of the second unit right? green and baby will be there as forwards with wafer at the 2 and nenad/murphy/jon at center... come playoff time, wafer will be out of the rotation (situational at best) as will that that 3rd center! west, green and bb will most of the rotational minutes with the second center (likely nenad/jo) chipping in no more than 10 minutes. those top 3 bench guys are versatile, as are the big 3.. pp can play some 1-2-3 or 4, ray can go 2-3, kg the 4 or 5, west at 1-2, green 2-3-4, nenad 5-4, bb a t 4-5... 

but yep that lineup you focused on from last night will be the primary one versus chicago with kg more at the center to bang with noah. nenad will play little in that series. you need bb to muscle up boozer or even put pierce on him at pf. green on dang is a good matchup for us. celts will utilize a funky lineup to beat them in 6... love how ray only played 27 minutes last nite.. the huge minutes logged by the big 3 and even shaq when he was going well had to be an issue. now  the big 3 should top out at 30-35 on most nights and shaq should play big z minutes (15-18 minutes) rather than the 20-30 he was often doing when he was dominating.. less is more!  same with baby.. no more than 25 minutes EVER! green can go 30-35 on most nights! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Was thinking the same thing... it was the difference in the game in a lot of ways, but Doc may coach that out of him when instead Krstic o-boards should be shaming some of the others into getting some of their own.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

again most of you are ahead -- Shaq & JO still the man when it comes to push & shove.
    Krstic is just a standby center.

the celtics will use Krstic to milk shaq and jo.
    come playoff time, JO and shaq will dominate

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]again most of you are ahead -- Shaq & JO still the man when it comes to push & shove. Krstic is just a standby center. the celtics will use Krstic to milk shaq and jo. come playoff time, JO and shaq will dominate
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I sure hope Kristic doesn't "milk" Shaq and JO. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Could be with different players that Doc changes his strategy of abandoning offensive rebounding for hustling back on defense. 

Its  an entirely different dynamic now that Perk is gone and K is here. Different type players, who knows.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The new center n krstic? : I sure hope Kristic doesn't "milk" Shaq and JO. 

well I meant, milking the time to prolong JO & Shaq's longevity this playoff

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

First off, Ray Allen played 39 minutes last night, not 27 as I've seen twice (OneNation and Communist).  Ray played excellent "deny" defense late in the game.  He and Delonte played smothering perimeter defense down the stretch that caused problems for the Clips.

I like how our new additions played.  What surprised me most about Kristic is how he "showed" in the pick and roll and then recovered nicely.  I also like Green's athleticism (catching PP's whack pass, gathering and going up for a layup).  Any SF playing on Kevin Durant's team will most likely be forced to play out of position for the majority of his minutes and that is what Green has done for 4 years playing alot of PF.  It's time to let him play and settle in at the SF position.

I think Kristic lost some of his edge by his two early fouls.  I think he will settle in and be a better rebounder on the defensive end too.  When Delonte was out there with Kristic, we seemed to have so many more options offensively and so much more balance.  I liked how Doc stayed with Delonte down the stretch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]First off, Ray Allen played 39 minutes last night, not 27 as I've seen twice (OneNation and Communist).  Ray played excellent "deny" defense late in the game.  He and Delonte played smothering perimeter defense down the stretch that caused problems for the Clips. I like how our new additions played.  What surprised me most about Kristic is how he "showed" in the pick and roll and then recovered nicely.  I also like Green's athleticism (catching PP's whack pass, gathering and going up for a layup).  Any SF playing on Kevin Durant's team will most likely be forced to play out of position for the majority of his minutes and that is what Green has done for 4 years playing alot of PF.  It's time to let him play and settle in at the SF position. I think Kristic lost some of his edge by his two early fouls.  I think he will settle in and be a better rebounder on the defensive end too.  When Delonte was out there with Kristic, we seemed to have so many more options offensively and so much more balance.  I liked how Doc stayed with Delonte down the stretch.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Thats a mouthful, Doc staying with DW.

Especially after the game Rondo was having. Its one thing to have an off night, quite another to continue making poor passes and failed hotdog passes on a night like this. 

Maybe DW's presence  will calm Rondo down in those odd games when hes out of control. Knowing a real pro can replace and sometimes even look alot better than you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Doc put Rondo back in last 3 mins.  Thought it was the right move.  Have to have your best players in at the end of games.
    One time in 1986, in a game we LOST (rare), the Chief was awful (rare-er).  Walton came in and brought the team back and even got us the lead.  With about  5 mins to go, KC went back to the Cheif, and we lost.  I was livid.............then I became a coach and I understood.  You have to have your best players in at the end of the game, period!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sometimes the game situation dictates who should be in the game.

If we were up 2 pts, had the ball with 15 secs left in the game.... would you really have Perk & Rondo on the floor?

Or even Shaq & Rondo?

I wouldnt, it'd be West & BBD in their place.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]First off, Ray Allen played 39 minutes last night, not 27 as I've seen twice (OneNation and Communist).  Ray played excellent "deny" defense late in the game.  He and Delonte played smothering perimeter defense down the stretch that caused problems for the Clips. I like how our new additions played.  What surprised me most about Kristic is how he "showed" in the pick and roll and then recovered nicely.  I also like Green's athleticism (catching PP's whack pass, gathering and going up for a layup).  Any SF playing on Kevin Durant's team will most likely be forced to play out of position for the majority of his minutes and that is what Green has done for 4 years playing alot of PF.  It's time to let him play and settle in at the SF position. I think Kristic lost some of his edge by his two early fouls.  I think he will settle in and be a better rebounder on the defensive end too.  When Delonte was out there with Kristic, we seemed to have so many more options offensively and so much more balance.  I liked how Doc stayed with Delonte down the stretch.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Huh...On Rays minutes I was looking at a ESPN Box. Maybe I hadn't updated it? Well I could have hoped.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Just don't foul out...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

For Krstic and Green's first games they look comfortable because they're solid basketball players that are used to playing defense and can fill the 3, 4,5 option rolls well. They aren't guys that are the focus but do things that this team needs.

Krstic is a fluid C with skill. He's a older version of Erden. He has farther range than Perk. I think everyone is going to like him in the end.

Green is just going to be a pleasure to watch. He doesn't do anything that makes you go WOW but he's steady and composed.

I think we're a better more solid team. When we had Perk certain things had to happen, too much put on the Big 4 playing well, but now the flexibility gives Doc the ability to win games in different ways.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Agree with your comment about more flexibility. Apparently Green can make his shot, rebound, and on his good nights play decent defense. This will prove to be a good acquisition now and in the future.

I'll miss Perk like so many of us! He was tenacious, tough, and could stand up to any player/team. The C's success this year will depend on two factors IMHO:

1) Shaq's and JON's health and durability.

2) Ainge's ability to get a couple role players that will fit in and contribute ala P.J. Brown and Sam Cassell in '08. I'm not betting against Ainge!