The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is...

Just hoping that we win game 3 to get back into the series at this point. Will happily admit that I did not see Dallas as a threat of any sort going into the series. Thought them to be very weak mentally.

Will be hard without Ron but not impossible. Certainly a difficult task though. Most important game of the season for us is coming right up.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Don't think the Lakers will win this series.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If Bynum, Gasol and Kobe truly come to play they will win."

Hmmm....Gasol seems lost out there. I'll be surprised if he suddenly finds his game. 

Lakers are on the ropes. They're not done but they're in even more trouble than the Celts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is...:
    [QUOTE]Eating it up with a spoon! When will QDaddy return to face the music?
    Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

I still like the Lakers chances of winning the series than the Celtics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is...:
    [QUOTE]I told Qdaddy very early in the season that the Lakers would go down.  He was too busy pumping sunshine..  If he is optimistic by losing two straight at home then he must be on drugs. Only like 14% of the time has teams come back from 2 down, and thats is not taking into account those two losses being the first two at home.  Dream on Qdaddy, the sunshine is nice especially when your pumping it.  Props to you for showing up though.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Sybil, I still like the Lakers chances. If you had seen the Lakers today, they look like a confident bunch. That's more than I can say for the C's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : Truth is, Artest has not been a factor on D thus far in the series and, considering his outside shooting of late, I'm not sure that his absence Friday will be that big a blow to the Lakers' chances. If Bynum, Gasol and Kobe truly come to play they will win.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

It is not about his shooting.  And the Lakers probably don't want his replacement to be shooting much either.  The Lakers are going to miss his presence.  The Mavs have had to worry about his rebounding, his ability to post up Peja, etc.  I think the Mavs defensive challenge simplifies with his absence. They will have an easier time double teaming and recovering for rebounds.

Here is what I see the Mavs doing: Let the ball go to Steve Blake and then come hard at him on his shots.  Once he misses a couple, the Lakers are playing 4 on 5.  The bench contribution will collapse and the Lakers starters will not be able get them over the hump.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox. Show onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : I still like the Lakers chances of winning the series than the Celtics.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Nah these two wins by the Mavs are just blips, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : I still like the Lakers chances of winning the series than the Celtics.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Want to wager on it? historically only 5% of the time does a team win a series down 2-0 when losing the first two at home.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

it accomplishes within a 95% certainty the elimination of  a Celtic -laker finals!. Oh well....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : Sybil, I still like the Lakers chances. If you had seen the Lakers today, they look like a confident bunch. That's more than I can say for the C's.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I thought Fierce was Sybil. lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]" If Bynum, Gasol and Kobe truly come to play they will win." Hmmm....Gasol seems lost out there. I'll be surprised if he suddenly finds his game.  Lakers are on the ropes. They're not done but they're in even more trouble than the Celts
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Both teams are in trouble, but the Lakers have to play their next two games on the road, which is even more difficult.  The Celtics definitely have to play better, in order to win their next game, but at least it is  a home game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : Artest's contribution is beyond statistics. He's the enforcer of team, he gives the Lakers toughness. I mean come on, Gasol and Bynum are not really what you call tough guys.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I wasn't trying to say that the team would be better off without Artest permanently. He plays a very important role for the team. I was just suggesting that a game away to clear his head a little may not be an entirely bad thing for him or the team.

Pau may not always be as tough as he could be, but I don't think anyone in the league would call Bynum anything but tough now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Here is what I see the Mavs doing: Let the ball go to Steve Blake and then come hard at him on his shots.  Once he misses a couple, the Lakers are playing 4 on 5.  The bench contribution will collapse and the Lakers starters will not be able get them over the hump.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]
    Truth is Blake has very little to do with the success of the team. The only reason his poor play got the spotlight Wednesday was because of the lack of other offensive options. The Lakers have never relied on him for offense. If they get it, great.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : No way Steve Blake is a better player than Jordan Farmar.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Not this season anyway. But remember Farmar wanted to leave the Lakers because he thought he'd start elsewhere. Didn't work too well for the Lakers or Farmar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I respect FlobusMcNugget coming back to talk shop, but you can't be classy on behalf of QDaddy - he has to learn how to be classy himself

But we won't see him until/unless the Lakers win and the Celtics lose...

RUWorthy and you represent your franchise well, though

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : Not this season anyway. But remember Farmar wanted to leave the Lakers because he thought he'd start elsewhere. Didn't work too well for the Lakers or Farmar.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Similar to our Tony allen situation. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... : Sybil, I still like the Lakers chances. If you had seen the Lakers today, they look like a confident bunch. That's more than I can say for the C's.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Well Helen Keller is called arrogance not confidence.  You may not be pumping sunshine after tonight it may be daisies your pumping.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The only thing that the Lakers loss to Dallas accomplishes is... 

A SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

LOL....

I hope the Celtics are watching and dont let this be them!!!!!