The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...

In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...:
    [QUOTE]Most of you who have posted just validated the 3 points that I made to start this thread. Thanks for playing.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Hey, you should be very proud the Lakers might actually join us in the second round. Lucky for you the Hornets didn't have their second best player. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

QDaddy,
    As a fan of your Rico Celtic act,  I wondered when doing your show does Rico sit on your lap?  And can you drink water while doing his voice?  I believe your Rico act is better than you Qdaddy persona.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is...:
    [QUOTE]QDaddy, As a fan of your Rico Celtic act,  I wondered when doing your show does Rico sit on your lap?  And can you drink water while doing his voice?  I believe your Rico act is better than you Qdaddy persona.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Classic!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

ANY ONE CAN LOVE THE C'S AS MUCH AS ME BUT NO ONE CAN LOVE THEM MORE

Rico you are funny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : They have Landry who is playing like the best player in the league. Just saying.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

wow. you really take hyperbole to a whole new level. landry is, at best, playing at the minimum level I would've expected from david west. quit making excuses.

chris paul is playing like the best player in the league, and for all we know, he might be. his supporting cast is quite simply abysmal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : They have Landry who is playing like the best player in the league. Just saying.

Gonna have to get a better excuse than that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : You were right Qdaddy...

I know.

They're sooo predictable. HAH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

QDaddy, you still haven't explained to me how the wear and tear on Kobe's legs can be viewed as a positive

He did a nice job of taking Game 5 off from chasing Chris Paul, but Kobe grinding on an injured wheel is NOT a positive

This series lasted longer than it should have.  It should have been over.  Push come to shove, if Kobe wears out and plays below his typically top-notch form, remember this comment because the Lakers should win this series, but they've also paid a price in Kobe's health.

Furthermore, looking into the more distant future, I could see Kobe's efforts to carry this Lakers team as shortening his career.  It depends on the severity of the injury.  He wants this championship to tie Jordan, but if it comes at a high price...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : I don't know where you get this absurd idea that the western conference is harder, or that the celtics had an easy time of it last year. celtics beat the 2 best teams in the league last year, orlando and cleveland, in epic, hard-fought 6 game series without homecourt advantage. lakers won two 6 game series where they were never seriously threatened at home, and swept their second round matchup, all with homecourt advantage. to get to the finals this year, the celtics will once again have to go through the 2 best teams in the league, chicago and miami, on the road. at this stage, the lakers likely opponents will be dallas and memphis, with homecourt advantage in both. the only time the eastern conference is easier is in the first round.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Hello?! Head-to-head conference records!! Once again, the western conference beat the east HEAD-TO-HEAD!! Your conference had several sub .500 teams, whereas the west had team OVER .500 who didn't make the playoffs. What is it in the water that has you people DELUSIONAL about the east's superiority! If Memphis were to SOMEHOW get to the Finals, I would pick them to beat most eastern teams...an EIGHTH SEED!

Last year Cleveland and Orlando were tough....LAST YEAR!! Most of you don't have much faith in Chicago, although I think they're the best team in the East THIS YEAR. Miami and Bost are the ONLY two other quality teams in the east. The west has A LOT of teams that would beat most of the teams in the east...as they've ALREADY proven.

The east just is NOT that good this year. Wake up and smell the coffee!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : Lakers not getting out of the 2nd round...Kobe is failling and Gasol looks like a little girl on the first day of Kindergarten!  Lakers on the fall!
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

Thanks for playing.

(Go back to page 1, post #1 for a complete explanation.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : ...more unwanted wear and tear on Mamba's wobbly wheel, which is all good for us.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

Why would you guys be worried about that...your chances of making the finals don't look very good if JON and broke back Shaq are your starting centers.

Besides, Kobe is well known for playing through pain...something Fat Shaq knows nothing about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : Why would you guys be worried about that...your chances of making the finals don't look very good if JON and broke back Shaq are your starting centers. Besides, Kobe is well known for playing through pain...something Fat Shaq knows nothing about.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

But can he be The Man?  Because the Lakers need him to be one of the best two or three players on the court to win a championship.

Kobe the Decoy only gets them so far.  If there's a coach to manage his injury, it's Phil Jackson, but Kobe has to be able to do it night in and night out.  And playing on it isn't making it better - I think this longer-than-expected Hornets series will catch up to him eventually (and he could have avoided the injury altogether if he wasn't needed to contain Paul in Game 2)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Jermaine O'Neal and Shaq are secondary to Rondo, Allen, Pierce, and Garnett

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]QDaddy, you still haven't explained to me how the wear and tear on Kobe's legs can be viewed as a positive He did a nice job of taking Game 5 off from chasing Chris Paul, but Kobe grinding on an injured wheel is NOT a positive This series lasted longer than it should have.  It should have been over.  Push come to shove, if Kobe wears out and plays below his typically top-notch form, remember this comment because the Lakers should win this series, but they've also paid a price in Kobe's health. Furthermore, looking into the more distant future, I could see Kobe's efforts to carry this Lakers team as shortening his career.  It depends on the severity of the injury.  He wants this championship to tie Jordan, but if it comes at a high price...
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

AFKAN1188 (I'm not writing that whole thing out!),
    why would I say anything about Kobe's injury being a positive? It's not. But Kobe (unlike Fat Shaq) wills himself to play for a CHAMPIONSHIP. That's what makes him so deadly...and that's why you Celtics fans REALLY hate him. Kobe's a prima donna and a little punk!...but he's a Laker and he knows how to win. You guys can only WISH you had someone like that. No, Shaq ISN'T that guy. He's a hired gun that's happy to collect his sorry paycheck and stay on the trainer's table. He would like to pass Kobe in Championship rings because his ego drives him. Unfortunately, his fat, lazy, overweight body will prevent that from happening. If he somehow DOES get out on the court, you'll probably get 6 or 7 minutes out of him. That WON'T be enough to bring home #18.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : But can he be The Man?  Because the Lakers need him to be one of the best two or three players on the court to win a championship. Kobe the Decoy only gets them so far.  If there's a coach to manage his injury, it's Phil Jackson, but Kobe has to be able to do it night in and night out.  And playing on it isn't making it better - I think this longer-than-expected Hornets series will catch up to him eventually (and he could have avoided the injury altogether if he wasn't needed to contain Paul in Game 2)

Seriously?! Are you REALLY asking that question?!

As much as they hate him, I think your fellow C's fans (Duke, Dudder, Concord, Genaro, etc.) would all tell you....

"That was a stupid question".

Yeah, I think Kobe's a "prima donna", but during crunch time, he does the things necessary to win championships.

But thanks for playing!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Alright... but if he reaggravates this injury, stops elevating, stops getting penetration, and becomes a less-than-All-NBA defender, don't say that it's an aberration out of nowhere.

I'm not doubting Kobe's abilities.  I'm doubting his HEALTH.  There's a difference.  And as much as he's shown in the past that he can do it, he's not getting any younger.

And I've said repeatedly that I don't think the Celtics are over, nor do I think that #18 is anything close to a gimme, but the Lakers sure do look much more vulnerable and beatable than they have in the past couple years, and not just the injured-and-picking-his-spots Kobe.  Gasol hasn't been himself this season, either.  Good thing Bynum's stepped up... but his knees aren't getting any healthier with time, either.  Rest in peace, Derek Fisher - the revolving door for fast guards on the court for every Lakers game is in your honor.

You act like Shaq is supposed to be the best player on the Celtics in a conference where the best center's team is down 3-2 to the Hawks, and where the Bulls, Hawks, and Heat all lack the interior players to capitalize on the Celtics' injuries.  If they play their game, the Celtics can beat the Heat without Shaq.  They might need him against the Bulls, but your Lakers are the only team where he's truly needed to help against Bynum and Gasol - the Mavs, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Blazers all depend on power forward play to win games, with average supporting centers in the mold of Jermaine O'Neal.

But enjoy your smug.  Your self-esteem depends on it.  The Lakers are still the favorites, but ironically they're not that much better off than the Celtics

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : Hello?! Head-to-head conference records!! Once again, the western conference beat the east HEAD-TO-HEAD!! Your conference had several sub .500 teams, whereas the west had team OVER .500 who didn't make the playoffs. What is it in the water that has you people DELUSIONAL about the east's superiority! If Memphis were to SOMEHOW get to the Finals, I would pick them to beat most eastern teams...an EIGHTH SEED! Last year Cleveland and Orlando were tough....LAST YEAR!! Most of you don't have much faith in Chicago, although I think they're the best team in the East THIS YEAR. Miami and Bost are the ONLY two other quality teams in the east. The west has A LOT of teams that would beat most of the teams in the east...as they've ALREADY proven. The east just is NOT that good this year. Wake up and smell the coffee!!
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

and what impact do those .500+ teams who don't make the playoffs have on the playoffs themselves? none at all.

I measure a conference by the amount of championship contenders, not the teams that are merely making up the numbers.

seeds 5-8 never win the championship, so it doesn't matter if they're a .500 team or a 50 win team. if they have a favourable matchup, like memphis/SA and atlanta/ORL, they can cause an upset.

miami 06 was the exception, but it had a veteran-laden roster peaking at the right time.

once again, the east has the 2 best teams in the league in miami and chicago, plus the celtics.

I don't consider dallas and SA as serious threats. their recent playoff history is abysmal.

you only have OKC and the lakers out west.

the east has 5 really bad teams (sub 30 wins) and 3 average ones (30-40), the west only has 2 bad and 2 average. none of that has any bearing on the playoffs, but has a huge say in the interconference record.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : Why would you guys be worried about that...your chances of making the finals don't look very good if JON and broke back Shaq are your starting centers. Besides, Kobe is well known for playing through pain...something Fat Shaq knows nothing about.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I'd say our chances are just as good as Bynum's are with his bad wheel. Why don't you admit that you are worried about Shaq giving Bynum (a.k.a. Fake Shaq) another facial.

Anyway, you should be thinking about surviving the Hornets series instead of the Finals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Alright... but if he reaggravates this injury, stops elevating, stops getting penetration, and becomes a less-than-All-NBA defender, don't say that it's an aberration out of nowhere. I'm not doubting Kobe's abilities .  I'm doubting his HEALTH .  There's a difference.  And as much as he's shown in the past that he can do it, he's not getting any younger. And I've said repeatedly that I don't think the Celtics are over, nor do I think that #18 is anything close to a gimme, but the Lakers sure do look much more vulnerable and beatable than they have in the past couple years, and not just the injured-and-picking-his-spots Kobe.  Gasol hasn't been himself this season, either.  Good thing Bynum's stepped up... but his knees aren't getting any healthier with time, either.  Rest in peace, Derek Fisher - the revolving door for fast guards on the court for every Lakers game is in your honor. You act like Shaq is supposed to be the best player on the Celtics in a conference where the best center's team is down 3-2 to the Hawks, and where the Bulls, Hawks, and Heat all lack the interior players to capitalize on the Celtics' injuries.  If they play their game, the Celtics can beat the Heat without Shaq.  They might need him against the Bulls, but your Lakers are the only team where he's truly needed to help against Bynum and Gasol - the Mavs, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Blazers all depend on power forward play to win games, with average supporting centers in the mold of Jermaine O'Neal. But enjoy your smug.  Your self-esteem depends on it.  The Lakers are still the favorites, but ironically they're not that much better off than the Celtics

Me?!....Smug?! Okay...maybe a little bit. But the Lakers won as I said they would.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : Me?!....Smug?! Okay...maybe a little bit. But the Lakers won as I said they would.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Really went out on a limb on that one!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : and what impact do those .500+ teams who don't make the playoffs have on the playoffs themselves? none at all. I measure a conference by the amount of championship contenders, not the teams that are merely making up the numbers. seeds 5-8 never win the championship, so it doesn't matter if they're a .500 team or a 50 win team. if they have a favourable matchup, like memphis/SA and atlanta/ORL, they can cause an upset. miami 06 was the exception, but it had a veteran-laden roster peaking at the right time. once again, the east has the 2 best teams in the league in miami and chicago, plus the celtics. I don't consider dallas and SA as serious threats. their recent playoff history is abysmal. you only have OKC and the lakers out west. the east has 5 really bad teams (sub 30 wins) and 3 average ones (30-40), the west only has 2 bad and 2 average. none of that has any bearing on the playoffs, but has a huge say in the interconference record.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

You lost credibility when you dissed San Antone....winners of 4 NBA titles. That's 3 more than the under achieving Celtics earned this past decade. Okay, you guys hold onto your delusional beliefs. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The only thing that the Lakers loss to NOLA accomplishes is... : You lost credibility when you dissed San Antone....winners of 4 NBA titles. That's 3 more than the under achieving Celtics earned this past decade. Okay, you guys hold onto your delusional beliefs. LOL
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I have the utmost respect for san antonio, and duncan especially.

but in the last three postseasons:

2009 - lost in the first round to dallas, 4-1
    2010 - beat dallas in the first round, 4-2, swept 4-0 by phoenix in the second round
    2011 - lost to memphis in the first round, 4-2

that's 7 wins and 14 losses. not championship calibre.

25. This post has been removed.