The Orlando GM must be smoking "crack."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

The Orlando GM must be smoking "crack."

"Hand the pipe over here brother. Let me finish that rock off for ya." "Hey bro. "Comin at ya dude." "Got a question for ya?" "Shoot." "I hear you acquired Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu today." "Sure did." "Nice. I was wondering though. Arenas is one of the worst defenders in the history of basketball  and is barely shooting 40% this year.Turkoglu is 31 going on 41, why do you think that's gonna help your ballclub." "Did I do that today?" "Yeah. You did." "Oops. Pass the pipe."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: The Orlando GM must be smoking "crack."

I agree that the trades may not improve this team.  It will be interesting to see how Orlando is doing after a month or so.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It will be interesting to see how we matchup with Orlando next week.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree. Who is going to get rebounds with Howard. They are really small now. I have to think another move is coming but Smith really didn't need to trade Lewis once he had Hedo. Hedo and Lewis together created matchup problems. Gil and JRich both need the ball and pretty much play the same position. Strange trade but the Wiz saved $24M so they found a chump to take Arenas.

Smith should now trade JRich for Brand or Hickson to get some size back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Orlando is counting more on Brandon Bass than in the past.  Rashard Lewis was never a good rebounder and now that he's lost his shot, he's sort of a waste.  Orlando didn't lose much (and remember, it wasn't just this year - KG on one leg  exposed and embarrassed him in the playoffs last year).  So, Gilbert may not give much, but they also didn't lose much.

On the other trade with Phoenix, I think Orlando gave up too much when the added a draft pick and money and Gortat.   But, I do think Richardson is a massive upgrade over Vince Carter.  If you haven't been watching, JRich is really playing well.  Carter is a fallaway jumper waiting to miss in crunch time.  Hedo is a complete mystery - who knows what he'll deliver.

So, while Orlando gave too much to Phoenix, I don't think the gamble hurts them because they proved over the last couple of years that they CANNOT get over the hump against the great teams with the cast they had so why not take a chance and try something before Howard becomes Carmelo, CP3, and Lebron (I'm out of here because we can't win when I have poor teammates).

I really think Orlando had to try something and is worried that the current path was leading them nowhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im not so sure it was a bad trade for Orlando..

I dont like the players they got as far as teammates go..JRich & Arenas yuk.

What does seem to make sense is dumping Lewis & Vince as it relates to Boston

Lewis hasnt been the same since his juicing was exposed. Was always a problem against the Celtics up to that point but hes been sliding down fast..

Vince has shined at times but not against Boston in the playoffs. So losing him wont hurt Orlando much when it comes to playing the Celts.

Pietrus is also a strange call. he showed enormous potential in the past but hasnt performed to that level since..  Gortat was a good fill-in for DW. Prob a starter on several teams.. hes the one player they gave up that hurts Orlando when they play Boston

Cant say how the new players mesh/help Orlando, especially picking them up 1/4 way through the season.. lots of work to even get up to speed with the system & teammates.. may never jell

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Arenas is not even close to being the threat he used to be and Hedu has been awful the past two years. Richardson is always solid but still I don't see how this makes them better.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

No matter what they needed to shake up things. The current team they had could still not beat the celtics. 

Richardson is at least as good as Carter if not better. He is a Celtics killer also.

Hedo can step in as a PF and lewis is not much better in rebounding. Hedo will play that vital point forward spot

Arenas is still a very good player at SG. 

All in all if Arenas can play 75 percent as he did before the Magic won't be a team i would like to face in the playoffs

Lineup

Howard
    Hedo
    Richardson
    Arenas
    Nelson

Bass
    Reddick
    Duhon/Williams

Pietrius and Gorat loss though will hurt their bench

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

I think they will trade duhon or Q for a backup center. They are overloaded at the guard position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hedo at point will be interesting to see with Rondo opposite him.  I like that match up for Rondo.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i love the trade.  for us.  gortat was always a real pain in the can to us when they played howard and gortat.  now they are spreading bass between the 4 and 5 backup role?  i'd say the achilles heel of this team is to get howard in foul trouble and then it's over with.

hedo has declined monumentally.  arenas, even with the rust off of him will not be the major scorer he once was.  there is no precedent for a ballhog sitting out a year and a half and as many years as zero iq has been hurt and coming back the same.  he might score 18 for them on low percentage shooting.

richardson will be a plus for them but this is a major upheaval.  don't look for it to work right off the bat and even when it does i think we walk away from them in a series.  easily.  we have the kind of bigs depth that they used to have a little of w/ gortat.  nobody will keep shak, davis, jerlame, perkins off the boards, even if they run bass and howard at the same time.

if ray can run around after kobe, he can do the same against giltedbert arenass.  i think the big one to suffer here is nelson, you just got two major black holes onto the team and nelson is probably best thought of as a shoot first PG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i remember richardson putting on a shooting clinic last year against the celtics. let's see what happens. I think this trade hurt a bit, but i don't think they are done (with trades). they should have done this at the beginning of the year (to get more practice in, plenty of time left in the season.). midway through the season I don't think it will help right away.