The passing of a Laker Great and 5 time NBA Champ.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

The passing of a Laker Great and 5 time NBA Champ.

RIP of a true Laker great Slater Martin.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/slater-martin-dies-86-nba-hall-of-fame-five-championships-minneapolis-lakers-st-louis-hawks-101812

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: The passing of a Laker Great and 5 time NBA Champ.

farewell to a Laker pioneer.....great player on a great team from the early years....RIP..!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to DFURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If any of these dolts was a real Laker fan they would have started this thread.

[/QUOTE]

And probably would have been bashed for starting it

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I have no problem with laker fans,the trolls that hang here aren't even laker fans they're 10 yr old kids amusing themselves by talking smack at a 10 year old level. Slater Martin was quite the player back in the day

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about our own Celtic dolt who uses a thread about the death of a great NBA/Laker player to begin bashing/baiting again?

Classy!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about our own Celtic dolt who uses a thread about the death of a great NBA/Laker player to begin bashing/baiting again?

Classy!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry i post anything here, for your knowledge i have been a basketball fan since 1960. I respect all players that have ever step on the hard wood. I do not post here to bait people or to bash anyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Below link points out how heated the rivalry between Cousy and Martin really was. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/sports/basketball/slater-martin-hall-of-fame-lakers-guard-dies-at-86.html?_r=0

Back in the 50's Cousy's "Fancy Dan" style of play was loved by the fans ( Celtic fans for sure) but the players for the most part did not appreciate the  embarrassment of being undressed at midcourt. Hence Martins threat of a punch in the nose. Of course Cousy's fan pleasing style won out because  like he always said--  Fans love showmanship to spice up the game.

Seems

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry i post anything here, for your knowledge i have been a basketball fan since 1960. I respect all players that have ever step on the hard wood. I do not post here to bait people or to bash anyone.

[/QUOTE]

Pud was not talking to you vert.  Thanks for posting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My criticism was not intended for you. Your initial post was very well done and appreciated.

I quoted dfury's post... and my reaction to that.

Pud

13. This post has been removed.