The Rondo Issue.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

The Rondo Issue.

I've been reading some of the posts and comments here regarding Rondo, and I can't help but be appalled. What you guys need to realize is that there is a lot more going on here than just bad play.

When watching Rondo, it's clear that there's something going on with him. Whether it's his hamstring, his foot, sorrow from the Perkins trade, fatigue, an outside distraction that we're unaware of, or a combination of the 5, there's clearly something wrong with him.

We've all seen what Rondo is capable of - this isn't a matter of him simply being a bad PG. When Rondo is "on", he's by far the best passer in the NBA, and BY FAR the smartest PG in the NBA. His scoring isn't quite as good as that of Williams, Paul and Rose, but he's arguably a top 10 scoring PG in the NBA.

I agree, his defense has been lacking lately, but again, I think that is being affected the most by whatever is going on with him. It could be that he's tired, or it could be that he's distracted. Regardless, we all know Rondo is better than this - we know he's capable of being the best PG in the NBA, it's clear though that he has something else bothering him right now. Let him get that sorted out and he'll be fine.

He's our starting PG, so every Celtic fan should support him through thick and thin, even if you don't like him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: The Rondo Issue.

In Response to The Rondo Issue.:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading some of the posts and comments here regarding Rondo, and I can't help but be appalled. What you guys need to realize is that there is a lot more going on here than just bad play. When watching Rondo, it's clear that there's something going on with him. Whether it's his hamstring, his foot, sorrow from the Perkins trade, fatigue, an outside distraction that we're unaware of, or a combination of the 5, there's clearly something wrong with him. We've all seen what Rondo is capable of - this isn't a matter of him simply being a bad PG. When Rondo is "on", he's by far the best passer in the NBA, and BY FAR the smartest PG in the NBA. His scoring isn't quite as good as that of Williams, Paul and Rose, but he's arguably a top 10 scoring PG in the NBA. I agree, his defense has been lacking lately, but again, I think that is being affected the most by whatever is going on with him. It could be that he's tired, or it could be that he's distracted. Regardless, we all know Rondo is better than this - we know he's capable of being the best PG in the NBA, it's clear though that he has something else bothering him right now. Let him get that sorted out and he'll be fine. He's our starting PG, so every Celtic fan should support him through thick and thin, even if you don't like him.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Its not that Celtic fans dont like him.
    I don't know that he is the "smartest" pt guard in the NBA (and neither do you)
    He is not a top ten PG scorer in the NBA. Not even close
    Everyone is "capable"
    If he is hurt - rest him
    And yes his defense if  absolutely horrible.  Just goes to show what ESPN highlight shots of steal will do for you All NBA defensive standings. Reminds me of KOME.  Neither should be All NBA defense.

Again if he is hurt rest him.  Arroya will do just fine in the lineup.  See Nate Robinson when he filled in.  Arroya is better than Robinson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I've been reading some of the posts and comments here regarding Rondo, and I can't help but be appalled. What you guys need to realize is that there is a lot more going on here than just bad play. When watching Rondo, it's clear that there's something going on with him. Whether it's his hamstring, his foot, sorrow from the Perkins trade, fatigue, an outside distraction that we're unaware of, or a combination of the 5, there's clearly something wrong with him. We've all seen what Rondo is capable of - this isn't a matter of him simply being a bad PG. When Rondo is "on", he's by far the best passer in the NBA, and BY FAR the smartest PG in the NBA. His scoring isn't quite as good as that of Williams, Paul and Rose, but he's arguably a top 10 scoring PG in the NBA. I agree, his defense has been lacking lately, but again, I think that is being affected the most by whatever is going on with him. It could be that he's tired, or it could be that he's distracted. Regardless, we all know Rondo is better than this - we know he's capable of being the best PG in the NBA, it's clear though that he had something else bothering him right now. Let him get that sorted out and he'll be fine. He's our starting PG, so every Celtic fan should support him through thick and thin, even if you don't like him.

His agent talks about how Rondo can be "constructively defiant" when he doesn't get his way... or has issues with teammates or management.

I can remember being spanked when I got "constructively defiant" as a child or put in the pokey by the judge when I showed my fanny as an adult.

I'm a straight shooting, gettin' with the program, no nonsense, grown up now.

Maybe Rondo just needs a touch of "adult supervision" to get him thru some rough patches. 

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Its obvious that every celtic is hampered by injury where as every other team has none!

Embarassed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

"there is something wrong with Rondo..."

Its called inconsistency. and its a recurring pattern and just one of Rondo's weaknesses that brings down the whole team.

Rondo is like a girlfriend with bi-polar disorder.  when bi-polar people are "on", they are super focused and incredibly productive...when "off" they are miserable, unfocused, and negatively affect everyone around them. 

Unlike others on this board who think Rondo will improve his weaknesses. There is no fixing Rondo...he constantly makes bad decisions in crutial moments (unnecessary behind back pass on 2 on 2 break, taking (and missing) a critical 3 point shot (and missing) to end momentum last night, etc.  He will always be a horrible free throw shooter, a turnover machine, a terrible jump shooter and above all...inconsistent. 

Like Perk, The team around rondo make him look much better than he is.  We will be much better off without him next year when Danny trades him in our rebuilding process.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I love Rondo but I'm getting tired of the excuses. If he's hurt, then he should sit.  We can't lose games and have to struggle to win because of his D and then claim:  "he's capable but something's wrong with him".  Maybe there is something wrong.....but if you're an all star, you step up!  You play hurt and win or sit out until you can play better!!!!

"There's something going on with him, but its not for a lack of trying".  That's what's being implied.  Sounds like Spoelstra saying "its not that we aren't trying, we really want to win".   

At some point, you stop talking about what's wrong and you step it up!  I think Rondo can do that.....he just has to live up to the hype (or sit out if he's hurt).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I've been reading some of the posts and comments here regarding Rondo, and I can't help but be appalled. What you guys need to realize is that there is a lot more going on here than just bad play. When watching Rondo, it's clear that there's something going on with him. Whether it's his hamstring, his foot, sorrow from the Perkins trade, fatigue, an outside distraction that we're unaware of, or a combination of the 5, there's clearly something wrong with him. We've all seen what Rondo is capable of - this isn't a matter of him simply being a bad PG. When Rondo is "on", he's by far the best passer in the NBA, and BY FAR the smartest PG in the NBA. His scoring isn't quite as good as that of Williams, Paul and Rose, but he's arguably a top 10 scoring PG in the NBA. I agree, his defense has been lacking lately, but again, I think that is being affected the most by whatever is going on with him. It could be that he's tired, or it could be that he's distracted. Regardless, we all know Rondo is better than this - we know he's capable of being the best PG in the NBA, it's clear though that he has something else bothering him right now. Let him get that sorted out and he'll be fine. He's our starting PG, so every Celtic fan should support him through thick and thin, even if you don't like him.

1. YOU ARE DREAMING- Rondo is on the absolute BOTTOM END of scoring for starting point guards in the league even in his career year of 13.4 ppg.  He cannot and will not be a top scoring guard until he conquers the fear of the free throw and the jumper.  To think otherwise is like firmly believing you can get laid with your clothes on.  Just ain't gonna happen.

2. His defense has ALWAYS been lacking.  He has NEVER fought through or over picks adequately, rather he seems to enjoy being swept away by them.  HE GAMBLES for his steals, needs to step away from the roulette wheel of gamble, bend the little knees and get down low, and if he did, he'd be a leading pest and defensive force in the league.  he did this against the heat and lebron and hasn't done it since.  he's a fair weather defender.  whether or not he defends, depends on how he feels!!  how hokey is that?  lunatic running the asylum with no guidance from coach / GM

3. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH waaaaah waaaaah.  Nobody supports me when my job sucks or some adversity occurs.  I suppose to a small extent, some empathy and support comes along.  but just like everyone else (who is an adult) it is time to put the MANPANTS on and yank your sorrowful dome out of your rear end and play like a man.  who cares about this support crap?  he makes 10 million a year- that's a great support that none of us will ever have!  get over old clutzy perkins going to get a MASSIVE PAYDAY that will make him MADE FOR LIFE, and get back to reality.  how's that for insensitive, intolerant and belligerent fanhood?????  just get over it and play!!  it's a happy day, kg, ray and paul are here to stay!!  and nenad has GOOD HANDS, give him the ball too!!
    Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

funny...you win 5 in a row and lose 1

then you picked on one.

maybe if we lost the next one...you pick on two, then three, then four & five.
    ....then someone will say, I told you not to get rid of PERK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue.:
    [QUOTE]funny...you win 5 in a row and lose 1 then you picked on one. maybe if we lost the next one...you pick on two, then three, then four & five. ....then someone will say, I told you not to get rid of PERK.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

yeah.  not really.  these are old issues with prince rondo.   brought to an annoying climax by his own malaise in the post perkins free flowing offense era!  go figure, can't be happy in a better working offense. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : yeah.  not really.  these are old issues with prince rondo.   brought to an annoying climax by his own malaise in the post perkins free flowing offense era!  go figure, can't be happy in a better working offense. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

...and then why is it we never read "The Rondo Issue" when we are 5-0 or 10-0
    or 14-0 ?

only when we lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : ...and then why is it we never read "The Rondo Issue" when we are 5-0 or 10-0 or 14-0 ? only when we lose.

Not so Che..

Ive been posting about the Rondo issue for some time. Several others have as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im curious to know if any of you guys actually know Rondo? seeming as in how your claiming hes "not happy", "not good with his teammates" and "he gets what he wants." sooo you guys ARE in the celtics organization and seeing this first hand rite? no way you are trying to make these statements based on a 48 minute basketball game right? bc critiquing ones game on the court is one thing. when you try to make claims on someones personality and demeanor off the court, when none of you know ANYTHING about him and have nvr even known a guy who knew a guy who knows him, its pretty sad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

The Rondo haters are like a bunch of little high school girls. They`ve found somebody to gossip and make venomous comments about and they aren`t gonna let up until they find a new target, or in Dudder`s case never. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]The Rondo haters are like a bunch of little high school girls. They`ve found somebody to gossip and make venomous comments about and they aren`t gonna let up until they find a new target, or in Dudder`s case never. 
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

your def rite, im gunna stop even commenting on his posts bc when you make a valid pt all they will do is ignore you and keep spitting venom..its sad and pathetic. alot of ppl on this bored dont like young players it would seem like (rondo, bbd, bradley, )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...but then when Dudder and Pud start pinching Rondo, the whole forum
    are like a bunch of Pontius Pilate crucifying Dud & Pud?

these two telling you the truth and you don't want to accept?

I don't understand why you don't agree if Dud telling you the ills of Rondo,
        but other than Dud & Pud, it's ok?

messed up !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : ...and then why is it we never read "The Rondo Issue" when we are 5-0 or 10-0 or 14-0 ? only when we lose.

are you really asking that question?  you know the answer!!  lysol covers up smells.  winning covers up warts in a player's game.  winning can cover up a lot of things.  sometimes, money can cover up some smells too.

so the smells are still there, they are just overpowered by a better bouquet of winniing.  and i have posted after several games that we have won over the years with rondo at the helm where he may have looked putrid. 

putrid is putrid and winning is winning- two separate things.  but when mixed together, one can make the other seem less bad.  not rocket science.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : are you really asking that question?  you know the answer!!  lysol covers up smells.  winning covers up warts in a player's game.  winning can cover up a lot of things.  sometimes, money can cover up some smells too. so the smells are still there, they are just overpowered by a better bouquet of winniing.  and i have posted after several games that we have won over the years with rondo at the helm where he may have looked putrid.  putrid is putrid and winning is winning- two separate things.  but when mixed together, one can make the other seem less bad.  not rocket science.

As far as I know, only Dudder was the original person who disagree with everyone here in regards to Rondo.
    All of a sudden, it grew from one to another (including you). What am asking, was, why if someone like Dudder tells you the ill wind of Rondo, its hard for someone to accept. Your gripes with Rondo is similar to the  original gripes of Dudder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Frankly, I dont understand...

Nothing wrong with people voicing their honest opinions.

I agree there are some that are just looking for a rise. However, most of what I read seems to be some reasonable opinions. I disagree with many posts on this forum but for the most part, I can understand why someone might feel the way they do... just that we see things differently.

When we made the Perk trade, my knee jerk reaction was NO!!  Others felt the opposite and ya know what, Ive come around to seeing it their way. I didnt call them stupid and ignorant.... just a difference of opinion that was can discuss and go back & forth on... I mean, isnt that what this place is for?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Frankly, I dont understand... Nothing wrong with people voicing their honest opinions. I agree there are some that are just looking for a rise. However, most of what I read seems to be some reasonable opinions. I disagree with many posts on this forum but for the most part, I can understand why someone might feel the way they do... just that we see things differently. When we made the Perk trade, my knee jerk reaction was NO!!  Others felt the opposite and ya know what, Ive come around to seeing it their way. I didnt call them stupid and ignorant.... just a difference of opinion that was can discuss and go back & forth on... I mean, isnt that what this place is for?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what the Board is for, Karl.  Some want everyone to shut up.  I often feel that there are some comments on this Board that I STRONGLY disagree with.  But, its ok for those folks to express their views.  That's what fans do!

Save for the trolls from the other teams, its a pretty open and candid Board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

So let's be clear on this....you want us who dare criticize the starting point guard of our beloved Celtic team to disregard his poor play and support him regardless? Speechless!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Theres no "Fan Law" that says not to criticize players on your team.

One thing needs to be made clear and it probably applies to most Celtic fans. Whether you criticize a player for somethin hes doing on the court, we are all pretty much rooting for every Celtic player to do well.

I have criticisms for Rondo, thats well known... but when the games on, Im pulling for him to make a sweet pass, to push the ball up court, blow past his defender and lay it up... alley oop one to Shaq or KG...now even Green

I venture most Celtic fans feel this way. We all want the players on the team to do great.

So criticizing isnt hate... its everyones individual opinions of what theyre observing...  Hey, I bet a lerge % of people were giving it to Sheed all last season... how many came to his rescue on this board like you do Rondo?

Got to apply to everyone... I hated Sheeds play during the season, was outspoken about it but I always wanted his 3-ball to go swish!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Let me make one thing clear - when I say a fan should support EVERYONE on their team, I don't mean that criticism isn't allowed. Of course criticism is allowed - it's how people realize their mistakes and improve. With that said, the below post isn't just criticism, it's personal attacks, ridiculous claims and borderline trolling:

[QUOTE]In Response to The Rondo Issue. : 1. YOU ARE DREAMING- Rondo is on the absolute BOTTOM END of scoring for starting point guards in the league even in his career year of 13.4 ppg.  He cannot and will not be a top scoring guard until he conquers the fear of the free throw and the jumper.  To think otherwise is like firmly believing you can get laid with your clothes on.  Just ain't gonna happen. 2. His defense has ALWAYS been lacking.  He has NEVER fought through or over picks adequately, rather he seems to enjoy being swept away by them.  HE GAMBLES for his steals, needs to step away from the roulette wheel of gamble, bend the little knees and get down low, and if he did, he'd be a leading pest and defensive force in the league.  he did this against the heat and lebron and hasn't done it since.  he's a fair weather defender.  whether or not he defends, depends on how he feels!!  how hokey is that?  lunatic running the asylum with no guidance from coach / GM 3. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH waaaaah waaaaah.  Nobody supports me when my job sucks or some adversity occurs.  I suppose to a small extent, some empathy and support comes along.  but just like everyone else (who is an adult) it is time to put the MANPANTS on and yank your sorrowful dome out of your rear end and play like a man.  who cares about this support crap?  he makes 10 million a year- that's a great support that none of us will ever have!  get over old clutzy perkins going to get a MASSIVE PAYDAY that will make him MADE FOR LIFE, and get back to reality.  how's that for insensitive, intolerant and belligerent fanhood?????  just get over it and play!!  it's a happy day, kg, ray and paul are here to stay!!  and nenad has GOOD HANDS, give him the ball too!!

Remember when Rondo dropped 28 on the Cavs in last years playoffs? Yeah, the reality is that Rondo is capable of being a top scoring PG in the NBA, he just needs to do it on a daily basis. I agree, he's inconsistent, but inconsistency comes with youth, and hopefully he'll have a revelation at some point and realize his errors and move on.

With that said, your post is ludicrous. It's overly negative and borderline trolling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

As long as he is consistent in May and June, I care little for any inconsistency now

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Let me make one thing clear - when I say a fan should support EVERYONE on their team, I don't mean that criticism isn't allowed. Of course criticism is allowed - it's how people realize their mistakes and improve. With that said, the below post isn't just criticism, it's personal attacks, ridiculous claims and borderline trolling: In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Remember when Rondo dropped 28 on the Cavs in last years playoffs? Yeah, the reality is that Rondo is capable of being a top scoring PG in the NBA, he just needs to do it on a daily basis. I agree, he's inconsistent, but inconsistency comes with youth, and hopefully he'll have a revelation at some point and realize his errors and move on. With that said, your post is ludicrous. It's overly negative and borderline trolling.

Thanks for allowing criticism, vertigho... after some reconsideration.

My sense is that your thread was intended to stifle criticism... and that we could best support Rondo thru thick and thin... by simply  being quiet.

Why you needed to start yet another Rondo  thread to promote this notion... who knows.

Pud