The Rondo Issue.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: The Rondo Issue.

Opinions should be based on facts. I have no quarrel with people critical of Rondo`s play,even those who toss their Rondo criticism into every discussion, relevant or not(although I find the constant repetition of the same points exceedingly tedious). It`s the armchair psychoanalysis  and spurious speculation about his motivations that I find revolting.The idea that he`s pouting or not trying is frankly comical. You don`t know the guy, nor do I, but I find people who are constantly attributing  character faults to others obnoxious. Rondo has played more minutes per game than anyone else on the team and he`s been battling some injuries. Sometimes players slump. I`ll take Doc Rivers opinion over that of you computer critics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Thanks for allowing criticism, vertigho... after some reconsideration. My sense is that your thread was intended to stifle criticism... and that we could best support Rondo thru thick and thin... by simply  being quiet . Why you needed to start yet another Rondo  thread to promote this notion... who knows. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    He did it so you could have the opportunity to state the case against Rondo for the 199th time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Interesting choice of words by the agent.  You have to think he was trying to show Rondo in the best light.  Basically sounds like he's an "a hole", but we all are to some degree (at least I recognize I am!).  It's when it impacts the performance of others that it becomes an issue.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

I thought it to be a very interesting choice of words, considering the precision with which the agent spoke.

Using "constructive" to modify "defiance" seems like an oxymoron.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I think everyone of us needs to step back and exhale.... just because one criticizes as oppose to one that doesn't make neither of them less of a fan. 99% of us are true Celtic fans with the exception of the 1% trolls who make it on this board....let us continue to follow, criticize, support or do whatever satisfies the drive within you to see them do well. No one said it would be easy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Opinions should be based on facts.

i AGREE but basketball is round and anything you said or opinion are just educated guess.
    If there is a fact in basketball, all GM will bring gold year after year.
    ESPN & NBA predictions will always be correct....but they are always wrong..80%.

No matter how you factor the statistics, you are just using called
    "good in paper" nothing else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo has been french fried the last two games by anyone he is guarding, he has stopped shoving the tempo and looks like he is in la la land.  The new guard actually looke better last night and West is now the clear best guard we have.  As rondo goes so goes the Celts, I gusess so because he has the ball a lot and if he can't shoot and won't run  and will not defend except in spurts then he nees some r # r.  He may be the greatest but he is not doing it lately.  I really do not know his problem, may be a bit of a pout about something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rich4celts. Show rich4celts's posts

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath. I am pretty sure that everyone on this forum was very happy when Rondo signed his contract. Our team has gone through a season of injurys and now a roster transformation. All of this takes a toll and your point guard has to keep it all together. The last time I checked we have a pretty good record under the circumstances.

Mr. Cousy say's Rondo is one of the best he has ever seen. We all know Cousy  does not hand out praise lightly. With that said, his play of late shows he is out of sorts, a little tired, and I believe hurting also. Yes he makes a lot of money, but he is human. Normal playing minutes would have been great, but no real back up. Mark my words, the future is going to be brighter and all this Rondo bashing will disapear. Number 18 will cure all ills. Go Celts.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

One of the things that causes some of the "negativity" on this board is that the Celtics are starting to have some moments of "faltering" that worries people.  Everyone was so excited about the early year play and excited as it looked like we were the best team in the league.  Since that time:

o Shaq has gotten hurt; JON has had to have surgery, Perk and Semih have been traded
    o our defense doesn't look as good
    o BBD, West, Wafer have been hurt
    o we have a host of new players
    o Lakers (our arch enemy) and Chicago (our possible challenger) are now both looking good as the season comes to an end.

So, in all of this uncertainty, we were happy about the play of the Big 4 stabilizing things.  But, with blown leads and Rondo's play, that stability is looking shaky now, as well.   This causes a lot of us to analyze what's wrong and what's changed.  Rondo catches it the most as his game has deteriorated the most (Ray's still hitting, Paul is still playing well, other than one game KG has been steady).  Danny's trades and his getting rid of big men is questioned. So, the negativity is really just "worry" and analysis and questioning because this year above all years - we expected a Championship.  

Some take the criticism much further than others (ACIE's criticism of Rondo).  But in the end, we're all nervous that what we saw a great championship team in the beginning with an all star guard leading the league in assists and pushing the ball.  Now we see a team that's not at the top of its game.  I think the team will be fine, but its no longer CLEAR that all will be ok.  There's evidence that maybe it won't.  

I don't consider the posts overly negative.   Posters are MUCH more reasonable this year than last year when they wanted to "fire Doc", trade Rondo, trade Ray, they're too old, this team has no heart, and the rest of the over the top posts.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

As I've posted for the last several days, Rondo's plantar fasciitis condition is the most likely explanation for the way he has played very recently.  PF is VERY painful.  It's difficult to walk across a room when you have it.

IF my assumption is correct, then several things become clear.  1) Rondo is showing an enormous amount of heart to be playing at all, never mind more than any other player on the team.  2)  The reason Doc is not giving Rondo hell is because Doc knows about the pain, and wants Rondo on the floor anyway.  3) The reason Doc hasn't benched Rondo is two-fold - first, a week or a month or even two months is not likely to improve the condition; and second, an injured Rondo is still a better point guard than anyone else who is available.

All of the criticisms that assume, with no evidence, bad motives on Rondo's part are examples of why we call some posters "Rondo haters".  And those that refuse to recognize that Rondo's very recent play has been well below average for him, are good examples also.

The evidence I'm using is that it was announced fairly early in the season that Rondo had plantar fasciitis.  There has been no announcement that the condition has gone away.  I know from the doctors who treated my PF, that treatment of the condition generally fails - the only thing people can count on is that if they don't stress the tendons, eventually the condiition will go away.  It took my condition six months to clear up, and I wasn't playing professional basketball.  And finally, because Rondo's most recent play has been FAR below the way he usually plays, on both offense and defense, what makes the most sense is that there has been a sudden physical cause.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]As I've posted for the last several days, Rondo's plantar fasciitis condition is the most likely explanation for the way he has played very recently.  PF is VERY painful.  It's difficult to walk across a room when you have it. IF my assumption is correct, then several things become clear.  1) Rondo is showing an enormous amount of heart to be playing at all, never mind more than any other player on the team.  2)  The reason Doc is not giving Rondo hell is because Doc knows about the pain, and wants Rondo on the floor anyway.  3) The reason Doc hasn't benched Rondo is two-fold - first, a week or a month or even two months is not likely to improve the condition; and second, an injured Rondo is still a better point guard than anyone else who is available. All of the criticisms that assume, with no evidence, bad motives on Rondo's part are examples of why we call some posters "Rondo haters".  And those that refuse to recognize that Rondo's very recent play has been well below average for him, are good examples also. The evidence I'm using is that it was announced fairly early in the season that Rondo had plantar fasciitis.  There has been no announcement that the condition has gone away.  I know from the doctors who treated my PF, that treatment of the condition generally fails - the only thing people can count on is that if they don't stress the tendons, eventually the condiition will go away.  It took my condition six months to clear up, and I wasn't playing professional basketball.  And finally, because Rondo's most recent play has been FAR below the way he usually plays, on both offense and defense, what makes the most sense is that there has been a sudden physical cause.
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

JerryC:

I have a hunch. It was your plantar fasciitis that kept you from posting for 6 months after the 2010 finals debacle.

You weren't hiding out. You were recovering. OK, I get it.

In your case, PF sounds more like a psychosomatic illness. Stress related.

Its hard to know about Rondo's situation. I hope he isn't following your example.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Jerry, youre jumping to conclusions that dont exist imo.

Rondos defensive problems of not fighting through picks, not picking up the roll player, getting beat off the dribble and floating off to empty space is not a function coinciding with his calf injury.  ITs been Rondo for quite some time, even prior to this season...

Ive made posts going back to last season about this specific issue. Ive always reacted to boasting of Rondo being named NBA all defensive team with my personal observations as above.

SO, Rondos calf may be playing a part in hindering his overall game... but his defensive issues go back much further than his injury.

ITs not hate Jerry.... but its unfortunate you equate and label anyone criticizing Rondo as a hater.  Makes you appear blinded, stubborn and unable to deal with any differing opinions from your own

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : JerryC: I have a hunch. It was your plantar fasciitis that kept you from posting for 6 months after the 2010 finals debacle. You weren't hiding out. You were recovering. OK, I get it. In your case, PF sounds more like a psychosomatic illness. Stress related. Its hard to know about Rondo's situation. I hope he isn't following your example. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE

????
    I think that the assumtion that there is still something wrong physically with RR is a reasonable one. After all, it's hard to recover from injury while playing.....RR can't have gone from a great PG to a crappy one without good reason.
    If there's ono good reason, well that would be really bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

All points on Rondo is having his woes for what ever reason. His talents excel at the right time. shooting comes as ones confidence increasese. from time to time he will make the right jumper or even connect from 3 point land. Just give him support form the C land group and let him read about it. in the postings. I'm sure as time goes on he'll check in hear to see what CNation is saying. The more negative postings we give him the more his confidense goes down hill. Give the kid a chance to dust himself off and pick himself up to lead the C's to number 18 and crush all the FAKERS and the trolls that try to get ubder our skin. whether it's physical or unhappiness form loosing a friend he'll snap out of it a the right time THE PLAYOFFS. I've got confidence in him so should you'll. Enough for now I'll get off my soap box. All comments welcome.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]All points on Rondo is having his woes for what ever reason. His talents excel at the right time. shooting comes as ones confidence increasese. from time to time he will make the right jumper or even connect from 3 point land. Just give him support form the C land group and let him read about it. in the postings. I'm sure as time goes on he'll check in hear to see what CNation is saying. The more negative postings we give him the more his confidense goes down hill. Give the kid a chance to dust himself off and pick himself up to lead the C's to number 18 and crush all the FAKERS and the trolls that try to get ubder our skin. whether it's physical or unhappiness form loosing a friend he'll snap out of it a the right time THE PLAYOFFS. I've got confidence in him so should you'll. Enough for now I'll get off my soap box. All comments welcome.
    Posted by bobbestgolf[/QUOTE]

bobbestgolf, I sure hope Rondos roller coaster ego/sensitivity isnt driven by what he reads on this fourm lol

We all hope Rondo plays great but hes very inconsistent and frankly, nothing we post here will make him into a good defensive player. If it did, Id be posting love letters to him daily with the forged signature of Beyonce

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]As I've posted for the last several days, Rondo's plantar fasciitis condition is the most likely explanation for the way he has played very recently.  PF is VERY painful.  It's difficult to walk across a room when you have it. IF my assumption is correct, then several things become clear.  1) Rondo is showing an enormous amount of heart to be playing at all, never mind more than any other player on the team.  2)  The reason Doc is not giving Rondo hell is because Doc knows about the pain, and wants Rondo on the floor anyway.  3) The reason Doc hasn't benched Rondo is two-fold - first, a week or a month or even two months is not likely to improve the condition; and second, an injured Rondo is still a better point guard than anyone else who is available. All of the criticisms that assume, with no evidence, bad motives on Rondo's part are examples of why we call some posters "Rondo haters".  And those that refuse to recognize that Rondo's very recent play has been well below average for him, are good examples also. The evidence I'm using is that it was announced fairly early in the season that Rondo had plantar fasciitis.  There has been no announcement that the condition has gone away.  I know from the doctors who treated my PF, that treatment of the condition generally fails - the only thing people can count on is that if they don't stress the tendons, eventually the condiition will go away.  It took my condition six months to clear up, and I wasn't playing professional basketball.  And finally, because Rondo's most recent play has been FAR below the way he usually plays, on both offense and defense, what makes the most sense is that there has been a sudden physical cause.

Maybe you're right about the condition, maybe you aren't.  But the contention that Doc has him in so much because he's the best PG available can now be challenged since Arroyo played well last game.  Let's see if Doc starts to get Rondo out more now that he has Arroyo and since West will be back in a week.

If you're right, Doc should play Rondo less minutes.  Also, it does not require speed to get back to your man rather than wandering off 3 point shooters.  That part is not a foot issue - its a concentration issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : Maybe you're right about the condition, maybe you aren't.  But the contention that Doc has him in so much because he's the best PG available can now be challenged since Arroyo played well last game.  Let's see if Doc starts to get Rondo out more now that he has Arroyo and since West will be back in a week. If you're right, Doc should play Rondo less minutes.  Also, it does not require speed to get back to your man rather than wandering off 3 point shooters.  That part is not a foot issue - its a concentration issue.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I am sure there is a medical term for that.  He has been suffering from it for the past two years.  It only gets better by not using your brain. It causes severe pain.   After the season they have instructed Rondo to go into a coma and rest for 3 months uninterrupted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...the next game, if Rondo plays great and post double or more, where is this thread will sit?

...in the sewer of course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Rondo Issue. : JerryC: I have a hunch. It was your plantar fasciitis that kept you from posting for 6 months after the 2010 finals debacle. You weren't hiding out. You were recovering. OK, I get it. In your case, PF sounds more like a psychosomatic illness. Stress related. Its hard to know about Rondo's situation. I hope he isn't following your example. Pud Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE ???? I think that the assumtion that there is still something wrong physically with RR is a reasonable one. After all, it's hard to recover from injury while playing.....RR can't have gone from a great PG to a crappy one without good reason. If there's ono good reason, well that would be really bad.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

There are those who will argue that RR was never a great PG. He has always been very inconsistent. He's had some great moments. Yes, indeed. But greatness means at least to me  being able to perform at a high level over one's career, particularly at crunch time.

Think CPP. Think RA. Think KG.

Compared to them, Rondo is a flash in the pan. Utterly unpredictable. A work in progress. More style than substance. Still grappling with confidence issues. Pouty. The spectre of "constructive defiance."

This year, after the 2010 finals disappointments, the TEAM USA fiasco and the ascendancy of younger PGs into stardom... more inconsistent than ever.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]...the next game, if Rondo plays great and post double or more, where is this thread will sit?                   ...in the sewer of course.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che, Rondo almost posted a triple double last game..Youre missing the point.

We know ROndo is inconsistent with his offense, he may have 2-3 real good games and then 1 or 2 poor ones..

My point is Rondo getting a double/double or 13 assists doesnt change what hes doing on defense.

Naturally, if we win the next game, most people focus on the players that made it happen..KG got 14 rebs, PP scored 26, Rondos 14 assists, Rays 5 3's..... Most may not notice and mention the other things. 

Just saying, having a good offensive game doesnt change things... although I do agree with you many overlook things when you win

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Rondo hasn't been unpredictable any more than any other NBA player.  Ray Allen, for instance, has been missing in action for the entirety of one year's playoffs.  KG did not play well all of last year.  (Yes, he was injured - it's likely that Rondo is, too.  And despite that he is leading the league in assists, is second in steals, and is fourth in rebounding by PGs.)

One thing that has been very predictable, for instance, is Rondo's performance in the playoffs.  In nearly every playoff series he has been in, he has played extremely well.  Even in last year's finals, he had a triple double and missed another in the sixth game by 2 rebounds.  The fourth period of the 7th game was a collapse by the entire team, and no one but the haters can put the blame for that more on Rondo than on the Big Three.

As for my six month absence from this forum, you have no idea what you are talking about - just as you don't when you are prattling about the workings of Rondo's mind.  That six months was a very difficult time for me and my family, involving as it did both multiple illnesss and one death.  I don't need to be reminded of it on a basketball forum.

In light of all that, you might want to think about giving up your adolescent psychologizing, and stick to talking about basketball. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo hasn't been unpredictable any more than any other NBA player.  Ray Allen, for instance, has been missing in action for the entirety of one year's playoffs.  KG did not play well all of last year.  (Yes, he was injured - it's likely that Rondo is, too.  And despite that he is leading the league in assists, is second in steals, and is fourth in rebounding by PGs.) One thing that has been very predictable, for instance, is Rondo's performance in the playoffs.  In nearly every playoff series he has been in, he has played extremely well.  Even in last year's finals, he had a triple double and missed another in the sixth game by 2 rebounds.  The fourth period of the 7th game was a collapse by the entire team, and no one but the haters can put the blame for that more on Rondo than on the Big Three. As for my six month absence from this forum, you have no idea what you are talking about - just as you don't when you are prattling about the workings of Rondo's mind.  That six months was a very difficult time for me and my family, involving as it did both multiple illnesss and one death.  I don't need to be reminded of it on a basketball forum. In light of all that, you might want to think about giving up your adolescent psychologizing, and stick to talking about basketball. 

Is that the same reason you left Celtic Nation three years ago without a word... when the heat started to build?

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo has plenty of time to establish greatness as a player. The year is still young.  The concern should be is he injured and unable to play up to his physical abilities.

The other injuries on the Celtics and new additions have also made it hard for Rondo to play like he was earlier in the season.  All the speculation about his anger over the trade of Perk.  Just is not known definitively.   

Let's see if they sit him more and try to get him healthy, if they do we will know if he was really injured.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]...the next game, if Rondo plays great and post double or more, where is this thread will sit?                   ...in the sewer of course.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% sure that one of Rondo's next couple of games will be brilliant.  The point is that he's been inconsistent and we need more consistency - particularly on defense.  Its the defense that everyone is complaining about!  If he does it next game, it will only prove our point - that its not about health, its about concentration and he can do it when he wants to!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

the guy gets beat up during a game, but a lot of it is because his style of play. i like him. i think he needs some rest.