the second team will improve when west returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the second team will improve when west returns

we still have no PG out there without rondo. nate makes horrible decisions and plays MUCH better as a 2-guard. even then, he shoots too much. he doesn't move the ball, which is our trademark: making that extra pass. nate gets the ball, nate shoots the ball. west will settle the second unit down when he gets back.

i would also like to see more erden and less shaq, especially on these back2back nights. if we can stay healthy, we'll be fine. but i'm not sure if jermaine will make it back or not. we'll see i guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Re: the second team will improve when west returns

I'm not counting on Delonte West.  The guy is not reliable.  Either he's hurt or it's his head.  That being said, I really hope you're right and West's return helps.  But remember that he really wasn't playing all that well before he went down.

Nate is a better ballhandler, but Delonte is a better decision maker.  I think you let Nate bring the ball up then hand it to Delonte to make the play.

If Nate can "get it" and make better decisions with the ball (like he did against LA), then I want the better ballhandler with the ball in his hands.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

point guard isn't about ballhandling, it is about decision making.   passing.   DW isn't gonna get stripped on normal plays.   you don't have to fancy dribble to be able to ballhandle.
       DW has to come thru, otherwise the C's bench is weak.   yea, NR can score 12pts like he did against Lakers, but much of the time (and last yrs finals) he's scoring 4pts like against the Kings.   C's don't have much firepower off the bench.   The rebounders are the big, 'the ball comes to them', boarders.   except BB who will go get the ball.   (Erden will try and go get it, but doesn't play much).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Delonte will in fact add more depth to the C's upon his return. Wafer will not see the court, and quite frankly, when given the opportunity, he hasn't done much with the time anyway. Shaq, Nate, West, Baby and Marquis is not a bad second unit. Not many teams in the league can rotate 10 in and still be effective.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    First, when DW is in the regiment of a regular season/playoffs his head is OK.
    Second, there's one more positive aspect of his return. When he comes back and brings his game to the proper level, it'll give more rest to PP and RA. Right now Doc's using them as anchors for the second unit. When DW is back he'll do it less and less. IMHO.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Delonte will be the final nail in the coffin of either the Lakers, or the Spurs. As a back-up point guard that can shoot, he will compliment Rondo nicely.

Bipolar people can perform very well as long as they take their medication. My friend has a daughter that was diagnosed as bipolar and she is a new person with the medication.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i thought the team looked pretty good when delonte was healthy. i wish nate would figure it out and become a reliable backup to rondo, but it doesn't seem to be happening. maybe he'll turn a corner at some point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

West will not only lead the second unit , but he will play great with the first unit where he fits very well with is abilities. (his ousided shot could open lanes for Paul and Ray)