The Series Is Not Over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: The Series Is Not Over

In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over:
    [QUOTE]Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! No!
    Posted by JonW43[/QUOTE]

LOL, well done sir!  Perfect timing for that quote!

Come on guys, that is from the movie Dumb and Dumber if I'm not mistaken. Are you seriously telling me you never seen that movie?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

The Celtics were there. Lebron and Wade hit some circus shots. Win or lose this still my team. At least they do not quit like the Fakers. Hopefully the CBA will prevent another "Decision" in the future. God I hate Lebron, a despicable s c um.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

It's all over. You can't win walking up the court. How many times did Doc yell...run...run...hustle...run...no one seems to care. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

energy shows during overtime.  i think our big 3 were worn out.  rondo played one arm.  he also can't rebound with one arm.  Hope they will bring everything of their best for game 5 and play game 6 at TD garden.  this gonna be exciting game 6.  GO CELTICS !!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifetimefan. Show lifetimefan's posts

i am really proud of Celtics' spirit.  Game 5 gonna be a memorable moment i believe.  Take game 5 and bring our fans back to TD garden.  GO CELTICS !  I love the team and the organization.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over : maybe my history is off, but the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor????  WOW!!!  How old are you???? No need to google-It was the Japanese
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
     My god man, it's a quote from Jim Belushi in Animal House. WOW!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over : LOL, well done sir!  Perfect timing for that quote! Come on guys, that is from the movie Dumb and Dumber if I'm not mistaken. Are you seriously telling me you never seen that movie?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Wow, another one........how about Animal House geniuses. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]We would need a miracle to win two straight games.
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

Make that 3.

You need to win 3 in a row to advance.Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Even if we don't win the serries, maybe we can tire out the Heat so we can tee them up for the Bulls to finish off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

Look I posted this on the celtics blog site and am posting it here as well. Many over there are turning the page on this series already and that is not how it's done in CelticNation. As a greybearded silverback, perhaps I need to remind some of you of this.

The question is: How do you eat an elephant? The answer is: one bite at a time.

yup the heat are one bigass elephant but the way to do it is one bite at a time. i think the celtics bring their cleavers and 2 pronged forks and start chowing down wednesday. i mean for sure the loss monday was a huge disappointment as the game was ours to win but that’s over. one game at a time. with each player committed to doing their best to take it to the rim repeatedly, play team d, and rebound we win game 5. that’s what it is; win game 5 and go from there. will it be easy? of course not. but hey it’s never easy winning a title. as for everyone thinking about the season being over and who to root for; i understand. but you’re wrong. it ain’t over. backs to the wall so come out swinging.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Good stuff HBob! I expect the C's to let it all hang out down in Miami and come away with the win! PP has been great! They have no answer for the Truth. He just needs a little help from somebody else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over : Wow, another one........how about Animal House geniuses.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! My bad! At least I knew it was a movie quote, LOL!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

if you look at the series in terms of how the games have developed, miami wins game 1 easy, wins game 2 not so easy, but still easy, celtics blow out heat in game 3, game 4 miami steals one on the road.  as the matchups develop, the celtics are down 3 games to 1, but who is getting better in the series as eacy games goes forward.  Game 5 is Key, if they win in Miami the seal is broken on winning there, and we'll probably be looking at an awesome game 7 there.

They need to control the game more and keep it their style, work the matchups better and get more out of the bench, specifically Greene and Davis need to be more productive and get more minutes.  They are both great players who have given limited contributions.  Gonna be fun to watch it all hang out in Miami tomorrow - I don't really care if they lose, I'll just be proud of those guys if they truly lay it all out and put up a good fight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

That's the key, jeezem.  I think most fans know we're really up against it and we just want the team to put blood on the floor and give it their best go.  I will be terribly disappointed if the players just give up and allow themselves to get steamrolled like the Lakers.  It would leave a very bitter taste, as the big 3's last game together in green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Good point Jeez -- during a playoff series, teams begin to figure out the puzzle of the opposing team until there are no more mysteries. This is why Jeff Green is getting better and better at defending Lebron. The Celts were initially confused by the new chenistry of the Heat so we dropped the first two games. Now we have figured them out. Last night was a very tough loss but the fact remains that the C's HAVE figured out how to defend the Heat. This means we should have a decent chance at forcing a game 7.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

This post is typical of what was being said at the Laker board--die hard fans refusing to acknowledge that the Lakers were done. Throughout the whole season there were serious problems--Artest not showing up, sabotaging games & pouting, Lamar being is non-chalant inconsistent self, and Kobe thinking he can still take over games, hogging the ball, leading to the sweep by Dallas.

At least the Celtics were able to win 1 game. But they are on the verge of being eliminated as well. Like they say, the mind is willing but the body no longer responds with father-time eating away at your heart and hungry upstarts nailing you to the cross. So like the Laker fans, continue to believe but the odds are totally against Boston coming back from a 3-1 deficit.

It maybe Miami's year. The Lakers should have never cast aside Ariza, Farmar, & Sasha. And Danny should have never cast aside Perkins, Tony Allen, and Posey. Chemistry is a thin line that can easily get unraveled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]This post is typical of what was being said at the Laker board--die hard fans refusing to acknowledge that the Lakers were done. Throughout the whole season there were serious problems--Artest not showing up, sabotaging games & pouting, Lamar being is non-chalant inconsistent self, and Kobe thinking he can still take over games, hogging the ball, leading to the sweep by Dallas. At least the Celtics were able to win 1 game. But they are on the verge of being eliminated as well. Like they say, the mind is willing but the body no longer responds with father-time eating away at your heart and hungry upstarts nailing you to the cross. So like the Laker fans, continue to believe but the odds are totally against Boston coming back from a 3-1 deficit. It maybe Miami's year. The Lakers should have never cast aside Ariza, Farmar, & Sasha. And Danny should have never cast aside Perkins, Tony Allen, and Posey. Chemistry is a thin line that can easily get unraveled.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]
    this is the most realistic post in this thread by far

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over :  My god man, it's a quote from Jim Belushi in Animal House. WOW!!
    They took the bar...The whole f'n bar!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Although tonight's loss was a tough one for multiple reasons, I will continue to say that the Celtics will win this series.  If they can steal game-5 in Miami, this series is right back on level ground. You know that if they win they'll go back to an energized and enthused Garden crowd for game-6. That should be an emotionally packed game that the Celtics should win. At that point, game-7 is up for grabs, and given the Celtics history in game 7's, I'd put my money on them. The key is game-5. If we win game-5, this series is ours for the taking. WITH THAT SAID. ... if things don't work out, all we can do is tip our caps and move on. Miami played incredibly well down the stretch tonight and our Celtics have given it their all. Regardless of the outcome of this series I will be proud of our Boys in Green.  And ultimately, there are much more important things in life to worry about. We get all caught up in a mere game, when all it takes is one traumatic event to put life into perspective. It's just a game, and life will go on for all of us. There will be more basketball and other enjoyable things to do. All we can do is enjoy the ride, hope for the best, and keep things in perspective and realize that life goes on. Peace fellas.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

If KG finds his heart again, if GD decides he want to be a consistent NBA player, if PP realizes 2 is less than 3, if JO can make 5 foot jump shots, if DWest plays more, ditto JGreen, if Doc sans his stagnant rotation....then we'll win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Although tonight's loss was a tough one for multiple reasons, I will continue to say that the Celtics will win this series.  If they can steal game-5 in Miami, this series is right back on level ground. You know that if they win they'll go back to an energized and enthused Garden crowd for game-6. That should be an emotionally packed game that the Celtics should win. At that point, game-7 is up for grabs, and given the Celtics history in game 7's, I'd put my money on them. The key is game-5. If we win game-5, this series is ours for the taking. WITH THAT SAID. ... if things don't work out, all we can do is tip our caps and move on. Miami played incredibly well down the stretch tonight and our Celtics have given it their all. Regardless of the outcome of this series I will be proud of our Boys in Green.  And ultimately, there are much more important things in life to worry about. We get all caught up in a mere game, when all it takes is one traumatic event to put life into perspective. It's just a game, and life will go on for all of us. There will be more basketball and other enjoyable things to do. All we can do is enjoy the ride, hope for the best, and keep things in perspective and realize that life goes on. Peace fellas.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Very well said!!  I can't add anything except that it is better to be optimistic and be wrong than to give up or be a fan quitter!

Best!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

In Response to The Series Is Not Over:
    [QUOTE]Where are the die-hard Celtics fans?  Many fans are acting like the series is all over with. Still a long way to go. I still believe Boston will come out strong in game 5, win it and force a game 6 in Boston. Anyone with me, or am I the only believer on this board?
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

If the Red Sox can come back on the Yankees, the Celtics can come back on the Heat. So, yes, it can be done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over : Make that 3. You need to win 3 in a row to advance.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

no s h i t Sherlock

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over :  My god man, it's a quote from Jim Belushi in Animal House. WOW!!

I believe John Belushi was in Aniamal House, not Jim.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Series Is Not Over : 34, the demise of KG is not the demise of the Celtics. Celtics will make some adjustment and rebound for game 5, Trust me. They won't go down like the Lakers.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Eddie, JO is our only help in the paint, Shaq looks like Frankenstein out there, what happened to him? He is stilt legged and lurching & Rose could dunk over him with little effort. Like LeBron and Wade are doing....He doesnt look balanced, is weak and fat... but to Dannys credit, Perkins wouldve fouled out quickly against the speed and strength of the heat. We need a healthy KG now more than ever, he was healthy all season, now looks injured. I want to believe the Celts can prevail, but Rondo will not be 100% for the rest of 2011 playoffs. Pierce is fierce 1:1, NOT 1:5, big baby is not playing well, not drawing charges OR scoring. WHO can take up all that slack? Greene is the only young scorer Celts have left. Couldnt Doc start Greene and bring KG off the bench? Celtics have not and will not get the correct calls from refs VS. the Wade/ James NBA STORE, the unfairness has been extreme. Eddie, I want to believe in the prophecy. I would love to see this team win three in a row, one day at a time. All I can say is: next time D-RIVE-BY Wade gets "tangled up" with a player half his size he ought to refrain from the Jiu Jitsu takedowns. How can we beat such awesome talent when theyre cheap shot artists. I want to believe, but its hard to see the light out of a foxhole this deep. GO CELTICS, *Gasp*