The sky is not falling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The sky is not falling

Just thought I'd say that.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: The sky is not falling

It really isn't. Even though the Celtics didn't pick up a big man doesn't mean these same players can learn how to box out and get rebounds. not comparing to the great Bill Russell who was only 6'9" and averaged 23 rebounds a game or Dave Cowens another 6'9" and averaged about 15 rebounds a game. why can't Bass or Green do the same thing?Why can't Melo learn to be a factor? The jury is still out on him. It just comes down to fundamentals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

they can't rebound -- PERIOD! say...for 3 years now?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Fierce, I advice you to stay away from predictions like that. Last year you said the same thing and had to swallow your own statements...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The sky is not falling but the Celtics will exit in the 1st round of the playoffs if they face NY or Miami.

Would Philly even catch them this year for the last spot if they made the trades?  Either way, it is most likely a pick in the teens next draft.  Two or more good young players might also mean no top picks any time soon.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

The sky is not falling but the Celtics will exit in the 1st round of the playoffs if they face NY or Miami.

Would Philly even catch them this year for the last spot if they made the trades?  Either way, it is most likely a pick in the teens next draft.  Two or more good young players might also mean no top picks any time soon.

Philly will not make the playoffs no matter what the Celts did at the trade deadline.

The point is Ainge could have done more. We all know the Celts need another big man and Ainge didn't get it done. In fact, instead of adding another big man, Ainge traded away one of the Celts' big man!

Centers now are KG, Wilcox, and Melo. The only PF is Bass. That is ultra thin!

So you are saying they should have gone for it and try to improve while keeping KG and PP?  That was what I was hoping they would do, although I would completely understand if Ainge blew it up.  Now where do we go from here?  I guess blowing it up in the summer.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

So you are saying they should have gone for it and try to improve while keeping KG and PP?  That was what I was hoping they would do, although I would completely understand if Ainge blew it up.  Now where do we go from here?  I guess blowing it up in the summer.

Exactly!

That was what I was saying, blow it up or do something to improve the team!

Ainge didn't do any of the two, Ainge just got a backup SG!

And don't even think about blowing it up in the summer because the Celts are stuck with the contracts of Bass, Lee, Terry, and Green. The earliest the Celtics can blow it up is the summer of 2014.

Thanks Danny. Still believe he's the "best GM"?????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Exactly!

And don't even think about blowing it up in the summer because the Celts are stuck with the contracts of Bass, Lee, Terry, and Green. The earliest the Celtics can blow it up is the summer of 2014.

He can blow it up talent wise, not salary wise.  KG and Pierce can go for bad contracts and potentially good draft picks, or if they retire.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He can blow it up talent wise, not salary wise.  KG and Pierce can go for bad contracts and potentially good draft picks, or if they retire.

Again, KG won't waive his no trade clause, so he can't be traded.

And it's not a good idea to take in a bad contract because it would only prolong the rebuilding process. 

Remember, the Celts are stuck with Bass, Lee, Green, and Terry for the next 2-3 years. So adding another bad contract is counterproductive.

I think you forget the part about good draft picks.  Prolong?  How can you be so sure?  We start getting the top picks ASAP, I think that is one of the best way to rebuild.  Who cares about bad salaries for a year or two?  I am not talking about long term bad salaries.  And KG could retire, not that far fetched of a concept.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:

Exactly!

You have me mistaken for someone else. I never said Ainge is the best GM, all I said was Ainge is better than Kupchak.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH count the rings. Latest example Bynum (hasn't played one game this season) for Howard and solid player Earl Clark (16 rebs (5 offensive) and 14 pts vs Celtics great numbers for a throw in) Dereck Fisher for Jordan Hill. Just to name the Latest moves.

PS: You did say he was the best GM in the business. You use a double standard when speaking with Celtics fans and when speaking with me. Crying about Danny making mistakes like taking Giddens instead of Deandre Jordan. Give it up Danny should be fired if the Celtics want to go somewhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Exactly!

You have me mistaken for someone else. I never said Ainge is the best GM, all I said was Ainge is better than Kupchak.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH count the rings. Latest example Bynum (hasn't played one game this season) for Howard and solid player Earl Clark (16 rebs (5 offensive) and 14 pts vs Celtics great numbers for a throw in) Dereck Fisher for Jordan Hill. Just to name the Latest moves.

PS: You did say he was the best GM in the business. You use a double standard when speaking with Celtics fans and when speaking with me. Crying about Danny making mistakes like taking Giddens instead of Deandre Jordan. Give it up Danny should be fired if the Celtics want to go somewhere.

Lets ask the most interesting man in the world, for his thoughts on the topic!

And there it is! Thanks Mitch!!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Count the rings?

You really that dumb?

Remember, when Phil Jackson took over he had the final say when it comes to player transactions. It was only when Phil retired that Kupchak had some control over the Laker front office.

Earl Clark and Jordan Hill? 

HELLO!!!

THE LAKERS ARE NOT EVEN A PLAYOFF TEAM!

Again, where's the post where I said Ainge is the best GM?

You did say it.

Remember, when Phil Jackson took over he had the final say when it comes to player transactions.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!
    You prove this. Mitch and Jim have the last word. Mitch is considered the best GM with R. C. Bufford coming in a close second.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

It's not falling at all.  They'll give us a lot of heart this year.  next year they might be able to make a serious run with a healthy Sullinger and Rondo, and a hopefully much improved Fab Melo (that's a stretch).  Next year is their real shot at it.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm excited to watch the C's go into their bunker mentality this year in the playoffs.  It's them against the world and I'm liken it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Exactly!

Hahaha, you're funny! Like a clown ....

The Nuggets can trade Nene and his $15M contract months after resigning him to a contract that they didn't even want but the C's won't be able to find a taker for Bass, Lee, Green or Terry?    That's absurd and Fungus34 is way off base making a statement like that but that's why the trolls call his Clueless34.