The so called Boston fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

The so called Boston fan

This is what i love about you so called fans of Boston sports, when Danny boy made the trade there were a few of us true boston fans that said he was stupid you bashed us and said this is for our future Kristic, green, rondo will be our future if you knew anything about basketball you would have said that we were right that this was not a future move it was a stupid move kris and green have played a total of 37 min thats really good for the future what i would like is just a simple apology saying you were wrong man up and please dont tell me again you have been a fan of the team for 50 years i dont care if you were one of the bashers you were WRONG man up and apologize

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: The so called Boston fan

I thought this was about Rico!!   lol

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The so called Boston fan:
    [QUOTE]I think it was a great trade. Why don't you man up and stop whinning?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I think it was a GOOD trade.  I will say it is GREAT if we re-sign both Green and Krstic in the off-season....and maybe use the MLE (if one still exists) on DeAndre Jordan!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The so called Boston fan : I think it was a GOOD trade.  I will say it is GREAT if we re-sign both Green and Krstic in the off-season....and maybe use the MLE (if one still exists) on DeAndre Jordan!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

You might be right about resigning Green and Kristic.  It will all depend on the new CBA and what the salary cap will be.  All teams will be influenced next season by the new salary cap, if they even play next season.  The new CBA will potentially have an influence on teams being able to sign players who have expiring contracts and signing additional players.  No one knows what will happen next season.  Just look at what is happpening in the NFL.  The same scenario is probably going to happen in the NBA, and everythng that I have read is that the NBA is even further apart on agreeing to terms for next year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The so called Boston fan : You might be right about resigning Green and Kristic.  It will all depend on the new CBA and what the salary cap will be.  All teams will be influenced next season by the new salary cap, if they even play next season.  The new CBA will potentially have an influence on teams being able to sign players who have expiring contracts and signing additional players.  No one knows what will happen next season.  Just look at what is happpening in the NFL.  The same scenario is probably going to happen in the NBA, and everythng that I have read is that the NBA is even further apart on agreeing to terms for next year. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  They are very far apart.  The owners - "in the last CBA, we split the profits with the players 53% to 47%.  In the new CBA, we want to switch that around, since so many teams are losing money."
    The players - "NO"

Stalemate!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

We still have to wait and see, to decide if it was a good trade or not.

It certainly was a huge, unprecedented, gamble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

it's a better trade than Danny Ainge and Brad Lohaus for Eddie Pinkney and Joe Kleine

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Excellent and ironic point, obviously DA is not affected by his own history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to The so called Boston fan:
    [QUOTE]This is what i love about you so called fans of Boston sports, when Danny boy made the trade there were a few of us true boston fans that said he was stupid you bashed us and said this is for our future Kristic, green, rondo will be our future if you knew anything about basketball you would have said that we were right that this was not a future move it was a stupid move kris and green have played a total of 37 min thats really good for the future what i would like is just a simple apology saying you were wrong man up and please dont tell me again you have been a fan of the team for 50 years i dont care if you were one of the bashers you were WRONG man up and apologize
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]

First of all, educate yourself about sentence structure. Use periods, comma's and paragraphs. A 10 line sentence makes for diffucult reading.

Second, the trade was excellent for our future imo.  Our future was Perk leaving after this season for nothing in return. Instead we have 2 decent players of varying degrees...Beats the heck out of having nothing.

As for this season, trade still makes sense cause DA couldnt forsee Shaq reinjuring himself 2 more times..nobody can forsee that.. and relying upon Perk was just as big a roll of the dice coming off major knee surgery.

Even after the trade, Perk was benched with problems.  SO, Id be tickled with Shaq & JON leading the center spot with Kristic & BBD off the bench when needed...coupled with Green backing up PP...cause theres nobody else to do it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcashman. Show mcashman's posts

Didn't that trade also include the Clippers #1 in 2012?  Is that pick protected or could that be a lottery slot?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Top 10 protected.  Most likely we get it after next season when the Clippers should be steadily improved (hopefully improved just enough and not too much).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The so called Boston fan : I think it was a GOOD trade.  I will say it is GREAT if we re-sign both Green and Krstic in the off-season....and maybe use the MLE (if one still exists) on DeAndre Jordan!

Is there anyway we could have like some sort of requirement that everyone that posits a potential trade or FA signing that we ask a couple of simple questions before making absolute moronic statements?

For potential trades - let's try to make the basic assumption that nobody wants the crap on the Cs roster and would be willing to send a star to Boston..... cand we do that?

For potential signings - let's try to make the basic assumption that a player who will get a lot more in FA than the Cs are able / willing to offer that there is some sort of incentive to be here?

I remember reading over and over again how the Cs should sign Rudy Gay to the MLE and I (correctly) supplied the basic information that Gay would be a max-contract player....... um, he signed a max-contract........

Denadre Jordan is going nowhere for anything less than the absolute max he can under the new CBA and oh by the way, he is not going anywhere anyway because with Griffin, Williams, Kaman, Gordon, Aminu, Bledsoe, and Foye there is at least a chance he will get a sniff at a ring, in Boston - NO CHANCE to even make the playoffs let alone be part of the best young core in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't that trade also include the Clippers #1 in 2012?  Is that pick protected or could that be a lottery slot?
    Posted by mcashman[/QUOTE]

It could be a lottery slot however had they not had Kaman injured for half the season and Gordon for the other half, they would have won 50 and probably would have been a 4 or 5 seed in the west.  So to think that it will be a lottery pick in 2012's draft is simply silly.

I would be willing to bet even money that the Cs pick will be no better than the Clippers pick in 2012.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Breaking up a championship contending team for question marks will always be open to second guessing.

The current Celtic team has a shelf life. With the probable lock out, Doc's retirement, and the fact that KG says that he will only stay if Doc is the coach; this year, is the last year, for a contending Celtic team for some time to come.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcashman. Show mcashman's posts

So despite Dud's comment, say that the Clipper pick in 2012 lands within the first ten and we don't get it.  What becomes the alternative compensation that we do get to complete the trade?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MicheleDoll. Show MicheleDoll's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crescenta. Show Crescenta's posts

[QUOTE]I thought this was about Rico!!   lol
    good one!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcashman. Show mcashman's posts

Got it.  Not what I hoped to hear but thanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]So despite Dud's comment, say that the Clipper pick in 2012 lands within the first ten and we don't get it.  What becomes the alternative compensation that we do get to complete the trade?
    Posted by mcashman[/QUOTE]

A team that will have vastly more talent than the Cs will likely have a higher pick...... I know it sounds impossible but you may remember the years 1990 through 2005, not sure, just checking.

A team spent most of the year without two of its best players, had the rookie of the year, a guy that most would like to see in the dunk contest (Jordan), etc. and will be in the lottery?   lmao.....  If a Cs poster on BDC saw that much talent they would have the Cs winning 12 straight championships but because it is not a Cs roster, it will be a lottery pick.  gotta go change my depends again....hate when that happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This post was premature - why are you judging the trade while we are making a playoff run? Remember the trade was made with Shaq's being ready to go in mind. 

Hold off till we see how far we go in the playoffs, then judge the trade. 

"I think it was a GOOD trade.  I will say it is GREAT if we re-sign both Green and Krstic in the off-season.."

This I DO disagree with. Re-signing these two stiffs doesn't really seem like a good use of cash for us unless they sign for very heavy discounts. Given that we mostly got players that didn't turn out to be very good, the trade should now be judged on how well we do in the playoffs this year. We'll see