the west we needed was delonte NOT david, now we have NEITHER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

the west we needed was delonte NOT david, now we have NEITHER!

y is this still a mystery. no beef with david but power forwards are a dime and dozen. we have KG and now bass. keeping JO is crucial IMO for he plays a critical position. how many good centers are there? jo is not great but he's still pretty good esp for what we do and need from him. backup pg who can play some 2 in bringing BOTH defense and offense doesnt exist on trees. delonte knows our system and proved in the playoffs that he can still be a starter in the nba. his issue is just health. he was BETTER than rondo down the stretch in most of the games. esp at the end, with his shooting, delonte is BETTER than rondo. i like what he brings to the table, we should be prioritizing him right about now. give the man one of our exceptions for 3m or a 2 year deal (with an option).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Re: the west we need is delonte NOT david

The Celtics have no true C besides JO. Delonte West is not going to get any piece of the pie, so to speak, from that 3m mini-MLE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I heard a lot of good things from the PG Dooling that we signed.  I think it was Rondo or Ray that said they really like this guy and we will be seeing a lot of him.  Delonte was good, but he's not a priority over a True Big man in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We could use West he is a diamond in the rough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Can never have a enough bigs (that can play)!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

They tried to re-sign him, but he wanted more money.  They aren't going to hold up cap space for him.  If he'll sign at our price, it may not be too late.  But we have Dooling now, and people should stop with the Delonte stuff

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

In Response to Re: the west we need is delonte NOT david:
    [QUOTE]I heard a lot of good things from the PG Dooling that we signed.  I think it was Rondo or Ray that said they really like this guy and we will be seeing a lot of him.  Delonte was good, but he's not a priority over a True Big man in my opinion.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

:D Yeah Ray loves Keyon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD8tgs6K4Qg

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]They tried to re-sign him, but he wanted more money.  They aren't going to hold up cap space for him.  If he'll sign at our price, it may not be too late.  But we have Dooling now, and people should stop with the Delonte stuff
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]
    Agree. I like Delonte but no way he's worth the mini-MLE. To be honest, I was really shocked that he wanted more money...especially after DA & Doc gave him a second chance last year and he admittedly didn't hold up his end because of injuries. Thought he might have given them one more year at the vet min to make it up to them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

[QUOTE]We could use West he is a diamond in the rough.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

You use the term "diamond in the rough" alot but I don't think you understand what it means.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

LOL. yeah, looks like it.....don't think i would describe West as a diamond in the rough. Rough, yes. Diamond, not so much.
    I would't mind having Delonte back this year though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]We don't need West. No knuckleheads.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agree with that Kirk, West is too flaky, BUT CP3 and D West were good ideas,  now soured as they were public failures - probably hurt Rondos feelings understandably and unnecessarily... Celtics better find a solid center real quick, I am not impressed with this "Garnett is our only pure center" strategy, iS Ainge losing his mind?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the west we need is delonte NOT david : Agree with that Kirk, West is too flaky, BUT CP3 and D West were good ideas,  now soured as they were public failures - probably hurt Rondos feelings understandably and unnecessarily... Celtics better find a solid center real quick, I am not impressed with this "Garnett is our only pure center" strategy, iS Ainge losing his mind?
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Agree that the Celtics still need a center and can't expect KG to be the starting center, although, it may happen.  I am sure many don't agree but Perkins shouldn't have been traded last year.  We have to just hope that Danny is working on a trade for a center who can help this team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: the west we needed was delonte NOT david, now we have NEITHER!

DELONTE JUST SIGNED WITH MAVS TO BACKUP KIDD AND PLAY SOME 2 IN THE BAREA MODE.. OH WELL! WE SHOULD HAVE STEPPED UP MORE!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: the west we needed was delonte NOT david, now we have NEITHER!

I read that Delonte signed for the league minimum..

At the minimum, I'd take him back quick. Why didnt the C's??

The guy played good when he wasnt out injured. Must be more to the story than this.