The Wrong Lesson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

The Wrong Lesson

What we are seeing in Miami this year (and what I think we'll be seeing in NY for the next couple of years) is people looking at the 2007 Celtics and drawing the wrong conclusions.  They saw Paul and Ray and KG come together and storm through the league to the championship and seem to make it look easy -- and people thought all they had to do was bring three superstars together and voila!  Even the stars bought into it.  What they didn't see was that it was hard -- we had the right three stars, with the right supporting cast and the right coaches who instilled the right focus, with no air of entitlement.  And it worked.  It's not that easily duplicated a recipe.  And I have difficulty not laughing at Miami's bewilderment -- and the insufferable hype coming out of New York!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: The Wrong Lesson

Our three stars all had different type games, DWade and Queen James have the same type game, they don't compliment each other at all, and i wouldn't trade Jeff Green for Bosh!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to The Wrong Lesson:
    [QUOTE]What we are seeing in Miami this year (and what I think we'll be seeing in NY for the next couple of years) is people looking at the 2007 Celtics and drawing the wrong conclusions.  They saw Paul and Ray and KG come together and storm through the league to the championship and seem to make it look easy -- and people thought all they had to do was bring three superstars together and voila!  Even the stars bought into it.  What they didn't see was that it was hard -- we had the right three stars, with the right supporting cast and the right coaches who instilled the right focus, with no air of entitlement.  And it worked.  It's not that easily duplicated a recipe.  And I have difficulty not laughing at Miami's bewilderment -- and the insufferable hype coming out of New York!
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

You are correct. The Celts Big 3 is successful because they are 3 pieces that make up a whole. Not because they are 3 superstars combining their powers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: The Wrong Lesson:
    [QUOTE] Our three stars all had different type games, DWade and Queen James have the same type game, they don't compliment each other at all, and i wouldn't trade Jeff Green for Bosh!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Complement, not compliment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Wrong Lesson : Complement, not compliment.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

We don't know what goes on in the locker room.  Maybe they don't compliment each other.  :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Rockets Olajuwon, Barkley, Drexler(in 1996-98), and Pippen(1998-99) already tried that in the late 90s and it failed. 

Even the Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton quadruple attack didn't win a championship in 2004.

It's all about the right mix.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Wrong Lesson : We don't know what goes on in the locker room.  Maybe they don't compliment each other.  :-)
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA!!!

That's a good one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And the Big 3 not only played well together - they played well with their teammates.  That first year, Posey, Perk, Rondo, etc all contributed and were taught the game.   They all LEARNED from the Big 3 as well as Doc.  In particular, Garnett set a tone that Mebron just cannot and will not duplicate.  Its all about Lebron and his self promotion......and with Garnett, its all about the team.  In Miami, those Big 3 are not teachers and are just learning how to share the ball and trust their partners on D.  Perhaps just as important - Erik Spoelstra is no where NEAR the leader and brains of a Doc Rivers + Tom Tibs.

So, 100% agree, what the Celts did is NOT easily duplicated.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Wrong Lesson : Complement, not compliment.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

what makes you think i was talking about it that way?  Have you heard them give each other compliments on the floor?  But you're right they don't complement each other either!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] Our three stars all had different type games, DWade and Queen James have the same type game, they don't compliment each other at all, and i wouldn't trade Jeff Green for Bosh!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Really, kyceltic?

complementsomething added to complete or embellish or make perfect; "a fine wine is a perfect complement to the dinner";

complimentsay something to someone that expresses praise; "He complimented her on her last physics paper"

kyceltic, are you trying to "wiggle" your way out of a predicament?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

"Spoelstra wants us to work and we just want to chill."

after that remark from Bosh. I would be surprised if they ever win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Miami's lack of success couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of egos.