the wrong worry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the wrong worry

the panic on the boards to me seems displaced. Everyone is worried because of the potential loss of HCA. I said 3 weeks ago, and was lambasted, who cares? If healthy, the C's will prevail in the conference, regardless of HCA. Period. There is no one in the East that will match up against a healthy C's team and beat them in a 7 game series. Period.
    HCA would be desired in the finals against the Lakers. Any other team other than the Lakers, I still will take the C's chances, even w/o HCA.
    The point of the final 15 games is health and repetition for the inactive players. Not W's. W's are frosting on the cake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: the wrong worry

I agree and have said the same thing, but.... The health issue is getting to be a concern though. Are we ging to be healthy? Is shaq going to be playing on a consistent basis? Playoffs are getting close...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to the wrong worry:
    [QUOTE]the panic on the boards to me seems displaced. Everyone is worried because of the potential loss of HCA. I said 3 weeks ago, and was lambasted, who cares? If healthy, the C's will prevail in the conference, regardless of HCA. Period. There is no one in the East that will match up against a healthy C's team and beat them in a 7 game series. Period. HCA would be desired in the finals against the Lakers. Any other team other than the Lakers, I still will take the C's chances, even w/o HCA. The point of the final 15 games is health and repetition for the inactive players. Not W's. W's are frosting on the cake.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Youre probably right but take notice of the extended minutes our oldies are still logging, except for maybe the last couple games.

If they are gonna keep putting in the minutes, then we need something to show for it...like wins.  Rest them, let them play 25 minutes a game and integrate the newbies.... then Id risk losing HCA ..BUt so far we're losing HCA & still putting in the minutes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I feel Doc addressed the HCA issue over the weekend, and we will see the starters rested from here on in. Rested means under 30 min's for the final 10 or so games, and over the course of the final 5 getting each player 1-2 games DNP'd.
    It also would not surprise me if Thibs starts to ease up on the clutch with DRose.
    While I, and others have been critical of Doc when it comes to developing the young talent, managing minutes of the vets is where Doc shines.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

I just don't want to see us drop below the Heat or the Lakers. Say what you want about the Heat but they will be a tough out this year. We need homecourt against those guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: the wrong worry:
    [QUOTE]I feel Doc addressed the HCA issue over the weekend, and we will see the starters rested from here on in. Rested means under 30 min's for the final 10 or so games, and over the course of the final 5 getting each player 1-2 games DNP'd. It also would not surprise me if Thibs starts to ease up on the clutch with DRose. While I, and others have been critical of Doc when it comes to developing the young talent, managing minutes of the vets is where Doc shines.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Im not so sure... I know Doc talks a good game when it comes to limiting the minutes of the Big 3 but those guys have logged big minutes all season long.

A little rest near the end of the season may help some but I think the idea was to limit minutes all season so cumulatively, it takes lots of miles off the odometer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

we can get all the rest we could ever dream for, and if our starting PG doesn't yank his head out of his fanny, it won't matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]we can get all the rest we could ever dream for, and if our starting PG doesn't yank his head out of his fanny, it won't matter.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Ever since they stopped delivering onsies, pacifiers, and desitin to locker number 9 things have really gone down hill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thank for providing a post with perspective....This is what I have been saying...and just mentioned in the 3 out of 4 losses post.

Why would be concerned with losing home court to the Bulls or the Heat? 2 teams we should beat. 

I dont see why fans think this team with all the inuries and guys being overworked that they owe you an all out, dive on the floor effort every night when they are looking at the big picture.  These teams will be home when we vie for the Title...who cares if they got their little win.  IF its up to some people here they want Danny and Doc to suit up...We cant rush players back for a regular season game....they still have the lead and I bet they still go into every game thinking they can win, but WHY cant people see this TEAM is tired!   Stop scapegoating Rondo, he is tired and hurt.  The Whole team has stop playing defense, and the whole team will start again in the playoffs.  Pierce went 1-9 or something and noone sais a thing..just focusing on a guy scoring that shouldnt even have to because he a point guard!  We've already had a setback with Delonte coming back too early....you want to have 3 D-leaguers on our playoff roster????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE] We've already had a setback with Delonte coming back too early....you want to have 3 D-leaguers on our playoff roster????
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.  I'm amazed at how people are questioning the Shaq and West timetables.  I've always felt - especially with Shaq - that they are being strategically rested so we KNOW we'll have them when we need them the most.  Better safe than sorry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hello Ms. Lithium!

How do I get to Grunge?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well here's a start... my namesake!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkcJEvMcnEg

Or you can just take the next flight to Seattle.  Lots of Celtics fans here - mainly thanks to Ray Allen!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Cool, I have cousins in Seattle.  Never been though.  Welcome to the Board! (if u are new here)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Cool, I have cousins in Seattle.  Never been though.  Welcome to the Board! (if u are new here)
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Thank you Jay!  And yes, I am new here.  First day posting.  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

home team wins about 70% of the time in the nba. we'd be stupid to throw that away

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

What percentage of teams win the championship with half their roster intact?

Also, in regards to H.C.A, the only year we struggled to win some playoff games on the road is ironically the year we won it all...Go figure.  Stats are for Losers!