They cannot close out games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

They cannot close out games

In November, they led Dallas 87-82 with 1:58 remaining. They stopped scoring and allowed Dallas to have a 7-0 run to win the game by 2.

Tonight, They led Dallas 97-91 with 2:43 to go and they again allow Dallas to have a 10-0 run to finish the game.

Which team is a better defensive team? I would say Dallas. I don't want to see Dallas meets Cs in the finals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: They cannot close out games

That's my worry.  This team is never going to dominate teams and run up the score, but when they can't close it down the stretch and use their supposed veteran, all-star experience, they're not going to make it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Cavs were dominating teams in the regular season last year. Guess the playoffs is a different story, huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think the starters just ran out of gas. Doc had 3-4 possessions to get one bucket to seal the game and couldn't get that one shot. Very similar game to game 7 last year.

The bench again did noting and the starters were dead at the end. Nate did nothing, Erden nothing, BBD nothing. Quis was all we had off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Good tight game between two good teams is my take.  Maybe back from their 4 game west coast road trip, C's were a little off.  Sorry we lost and lost ground to Spurs, but it was anybodys game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

When Eddie was in green, Cs were 4-1 against Dallas. Since then, 1-2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Seeing Eddie light it up with the Heat and the Celts stuck with Nate is a little frustaring; Eddie is a much better player.  Von Wafer also looked good tonight; he's got game and I hope Doc builds him up because he could really help the second unit with his offensive skill set.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics lost the season series to the Wizards 3-1 in 2008, but the Celtics still won the championship that season. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: They cannot close out games:
    [QUOTE]Seeing Eddie light it up with the Heat and the Celts stuck with Nate is a little frustaring; Eddie is a better player; very clutch.  Von Wafer also looked good tonight; he's got game and I hope Doc builds him up because he could really help the second unit with his offensive skill set.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Eddie House? 

No Celtic fan was thinking of Eddie House when Nate was lighting up the Lakers last Sunday. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

[QUOTE]The Cavs were dominating teams in the regular season last year. Guess the playoffs is a different story, huh?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you if they won the game 7 of the finals. This team has an average offense and their defense is not good enough to dominate the elite teams. I like the 07-08 team with a good defense-offense balance. Nice bench with Eddie, Posey, PJ and Sam. 07-08 team was a much better offensive team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, they were TERRIBLE in closing out the Lakers in LA.  They also were terrible in coming from behind and closing out the King, too.  

Come on guys, stop panicing.  I hate the loss tonight. We choked. But the knee jerk reactions (over reactions) to each loss are not warranted!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They cannot close out games : I would agree with you if they won the game 7 of the finals. This team has an average offense and their defense is not good enough to dominate the elite teams. I like the 07-08 team, good defense-offense ballace. Nice bench with Eddie, Posey, PJ and Sam. 07-08 team was a much better offense team.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then why bother watching the Celtics this season when you already know the fate of the Celtics this year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Look they couldn't close out an important game at home. Maybe they should panic, then they would play with some adrenaline for 48 minutes. Perk got most of the points down the stretch on second effort plays. One thing that was similar to the LA game 7 loss was nobody was driving to the basket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Look they couldn't close out an important game at home. Maybe they should panic, then they would play with some adrenaline for 48 minutes. Perk got most of the points down the stretch on second effort plays. One thing that was similar to the LA game 7 loss was nobody was driving to the basket.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

It's not easy to drive to the basket when Gasol or Tyson Chandler is in the paint. That's easier said than done. Ray had an open lay-up and it ended up getting blocked. Don't underestimate guys like Pau Gasol and Tyson Chandler, they're not stiffs!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

At least if were weren't going to score for the last 2:43 we could have played some D on the final possession... Dirk fumbled the ball they was an opportunity for a steal... then J Kidd was left open... smh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]At least if were weren't going to score for the last 2:43 we could have played some D on the final possession... Dirk fumbled the ball they was an opportunity for a steal... then J Kidd was left open... smh
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Kidd wasn't left open, I think it was Ray who tried to block the shot instead of just closing out. No way would Kidd have attempted that shot if the defender didn't bite on the fake. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I think if someone has to run full speed toward you to try to block you and then flies by you, then you are left open...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

[QUOTE]I think if someone has to run full speed toward you to try to block you and then flies by you, then you are left open...
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

I agree it was bad close out D..Ray didnt stay home..also the offense was rushed at the end with a one point lead they settled for long shots..pp should have taken it to the rack and been at the line

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i am not worried about this loss. it sucks and we should have won it, like the first dallas game. but it happens. can't pull every close game out. I wish we could, but just not possible. and i think the celtics have been good about closing out games this year. they have a hiccup or two down the line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They cannot close out games : I would agree with you if they won the game 7 of the finals. This team has an average offense and their defense is not good enough to dominate the elite teams. I like the 07-08 team, good defense-offense ballace. Nice bench with Eddie, Posey, PJ and Sam. 07-08 team was a much better offensive team.
    Posted by lovetruth007[/QUOTE]
    You are absolutely correct. House, Posey, and Cassell were able to stretch opposing defenses. This Celtic team does not have the personnell to do that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Wife Beater came back to beat the Celtics again.  Dirk was stumbling out of control but somehow got the pass to Kidd aka Wife Beater.  They were lucky.  Then Rondo's pass to KG was just too high.  KG was open.  Game Over.  Hopefully No more Mavericks this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

I have to blame Doc for this one. How come his team didnot score for the last 3 minutes of the game? Why not call more timeouts to set up shots. I know he did ask Rondo to pass to KG with 2.5 seconds left. I mean why not do that earlier? 3 minutes no scoring???!!! Come one Doc. Same mistake twice against the same team! Unforgivable!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lots of unfortunate things happened all in the final couple minutes.

Ray firing a 3 that misses and not taking any time off the clock in doing so.

KG misses an open one thats usually money.

Ray roaming off of Kidd (yes he did) on the final play, then flying by him on barely a pump fake... Ray should know better on both accounts.

Rondos bad pass to KG to tie the game. No excuse for that. Rondo play an uninspiring game on both ends. Hes either hurt, phyically tired or mentally not there all the time. Still leaving layups for passes that didnt work... its getting ridiculous at times and glaring when we lose. When he does take a shot in the lane, its usually some hairy one... sometimes they go in, sometimes not... but he takes them in a way to be sure he doesnt get fouled. Im convinced hes terrified of the FT line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

here is another question. are we going to see dallas in finals? chances are no.