Thibodeau has Chicago looking unbeataBULL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Thibodeau has Chicago looking unbeataBULL

Despite the changeup of the Celtics lineup I believe that there is only one team that can beat Boston, the Chicago Bulls. They are clicking offensively and defensively. They are rolling while Boston is still in disarray following the Perkins trade. The C's had better wake up and start playing playoff basketball now or the Bulls are going to bulldoze them. I am a lifelong Celtics fan but Thibs' Bulls are looking scary...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Thibodeau has Chicago looking unbeataBULL

Thibs is a class act and proved he is a NBA coach. I still like us against the Bulls. One thing I learned with this group over the last 3 plus years they overcome adversity beter than any team in the NBA, I hope all the experts throw dirt on us it makes victory that much sweeter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Chicago is the real deal but the Celts are still the team to beat. They will persevere, and they will do it with Defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Bulls are getting a nice big fat head of overconfidence.  We have them right where we want them.  In a week they will have us not even getting to the eastern conference finals.  The Heat will get overconfident as well.  Better they forget what happened last year.  Rondo will make fools of them again.

I can't wait to see them unravel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ubuntu18. Show Ubuntu18's posts

I think they can be exposed in the post season. They haven't really played any good teams during this stretch. Atlanta is terrible & SAC is worse. Joe Johnson is so overpaid! He's not even attempting to carry his team. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think hat he moves we have made are to match upo with the Buls more than the fakers. It will be Celts SA. Thibs learned how to deal with a group of stars in Boston and has had the glare of the spotlight on him before. If the Bulls and us meet in the playoffs the winner has to be favorites to win it all. Despite Sterns the game is and will be at a high water mark for the next few years and this years champs willl have to be considered great, I personally think it will be the Celts but if no us the Bulls,but definately us.Sorry Thibs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

They have been playing amazing basketball recently.  Too early to declare the Bulls the favorites to get to the finals this year.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hopefully the Bulls have peaked and will start heading back to reality in the next 13 games.  But they do look very good.. Watching Rose play so great is scary but his style of play has to be exhausting... so many hard drives and extending his body so hard to get off shots... but hes a yound kid and might not tire out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

they're a one man show on offense. and we're very good at shutting down one man shows.

victims of our defense since since 07-08: lebron, kobe, rose, howard, wade, lebron (again), howard (again), kobe (again).

even when we lose, we make sure that it's the lesser lights that beat us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rose is a very good player.  The Bulls are a good defensive team.  The supporting cast is unproven when it matters.  Deng, Boozer and Noah have a lot to prove in the playoffs.  I am not saying they can't get out of the east, they just may.  But let's wait and see. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think people forget that even though D.Rose has blossomed into a nice young player, he still cannot stop anyone, and if Rondo is healthy he will be running circles around him.  OUr team defense will keep Rose out the paint.  Even with the horrible play we've exhibited lately we are still the # 1 defense with the best philosophy combined with experience in that defensive system.

People are forgetting how much more amped we will be and how the defense is gonna be locked in come playoff time.  The bench is already showing they are capable...these next few weeks will be used to fine tune the defense with everyone together...Guys like Murphy and J.Green are gonna be excited to be in the playoffs and I think they both make impacts defensively...J.Green can lockdown Deng, and troy can give good minutes against Boozer or whoever...but NO, Im not scared....I welcome them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

They just lost in indiana.  If you haven't noticed, everybody's beating the Hawks lately.  There's something very wrong going on there.  The Hawks are absolutely spineless lately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Thats nice.

The Cavs looked unstoppable too last year and we all saw how that worked out.

After Rose they really just have Deng, Korver, and at times Boozer on offense. The Celtics will not allow for Rose and Deng to beat them. Boozer, and Korver aren't good enough scorers to put us to bed.

Their bench? Meh I am pretty positive ours will out play them. When we play them in the ECF we will take them out in 6 it ain't going to 7. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I also love the KG-Noah match up as Noah will not be able to stand with a healthy KG come playoff time.

Pierce-Ray-KG will be the ones getting us past the Bulls. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'm happy for Tom. T. and his success with the Bulls. As an earlier post stated, "he's a class act." However I don't think the Bulls have what it takes to take down the C's in the playoffs.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The bulls scare me. Have to admit it. I think it will be an ugly physical series. I think it goes seven games and no outcome suprises me. 

The bulls play terrific defense and will give us fits.  I think our biggest advantage in that series is Ray. the buls are weak at the 2 guard. Otherwise the teams match up pretty evenly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm trying to think about the matchups.  Last time we played it seems like KG was out and boozer dominated Baby.  Shot over him mostly.  Obviously he won't shoot over KG, and if they try to play him big minutes and keep him in vs baby, I don't think booz has that kind of stamina.

The kid from USC is a pretty good defender, but lacks height or size to match up with KG.  This would discourage Thibs from trying to Keep boozer out there against our second unit.

Someone mentioned Noah being matched up with KG, but I'm thinking Noah usually plays the 5.  Noah's not so much of a threat to score in the halfcourt set, you just have to keep him off the boards.  I don't know that any of our centers have the stamina or footspeed to do that.  Maybe by committee, but I see that as a problem.  In crunch time, it is likely that we'd go small.  Baby's just got to keep Noah on his back and not let him run free after the shot.  I think it will be hard for Chicago to score on us in a halfcourt set.

When Rose killed Rondo last time, rondo was hurtin for sure.  If both players are feeling well, history shows us it's a reasonably even matchup.

I do think we have advantages at both the 2 and 3, but Deng is no slouch and PP better be ready to bring it.

Coaching-wise I think it's a tossup between Doc and Thibs, but doc has a better staff.  You would think the experience would be the decider, but if the c's are bang-ed up that could hurt obviously.  In a playoff format we've seen that age/stamina doesnt' come into play as much. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The bulls are for real,  I think they are the biggest threat against us, we do match up pretty well though. This is why id luv to get the 1 seed so bulls and heat can beat up on each other, cuz its going to be very hard for the cs to beat both of them.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The match ups favor Boston.

The only reason this discussion is even happening is because of the laundry list of injuries during the regular season faced by the Celtics. A healthy Celtics team would have contended for the best record of all time - 72 and 8. As it is, they will probably win close to 60 games.

If Chicago had a Bynum or a Howard, I would be worried, however, they have a Noah and a Boozer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Matchups?

Bulls are better at the 2 most important positions, pg and center. We probably have an edge on the other spots, but when you figure deng is playing great ball this year and historically has played pp very tough that matchup is probably a wash. The bulls have the better bench, though the cs should get a boost with krstic going there.  Itll be a very tough 7 game series. This bulls team is better than any team we beat in the playoffs last year . This might be a series that is decided by home court, hope we have it.