This is DECEMBER!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This is DECEMBER!!!

The Celtics are clearly the best team in the east while the Lakers' fire is slowly dying. Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

HAHAHA!!!

So much for having an improved bench, Shannon Brown, ZERO POINTS, not so brown after all. Only 2 players off the bench scored for the Lakers, Barnes and Blake. Steve Blake with 3 points and Barnes scored 10 points for a total of 13 points off the bench for the Lakers.

I thought watching soccer games in Africa would only cost the Lakers 5 games. As now, the Lakers have already lost 7 games and IT'S DECEMBER! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: This is DECEMBER!!!

I think the Eastern conference teams should be starting to look at Miami. They're now on a roll. They have entered an easier part of their schedule, the Christmas day game vs LA should be huge.

Problem now is Miami may just play their way into form and learn how to play as a unit. How this translates to the post season is yet to be determined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

December, oh yeah, time to extend the contract of Big Baby  Davis, he will be cheaper not than at the end of the year, and I think he could be an important player for six or seven years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i don't like this miami rolling with the wins. we all knew it was going to happen. this may be what they need. i still think if the celtics play their lock down defense, they can win. i still think the celtics and orlando are better teams.  but any given day a team can get lucky.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: This is DECEMBER!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think the Eastern conference teams should be starting to look at Miami. They're now on a roll. They have entered an easier part of their schedule, the Christmas day game vs LA should be huge. Problem now is Miami may just play their way into form and learn how to play as a unit. How this translates to the post season is yet to be determined.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

I agree, i'm way more worried about the Heat, than i am the Lakers at this point!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

kyceltic, the Heat worry me too.  It doesn't worry me that they are beating BAD teams.  What worries me is how BAD they are beating them.  They are burying teams.  They are playing with a killer's mentality that can only benefit them against the good teams (see Utah on Wednesday).

I wish the Celtics played that way with some consistency.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Barkley has already picked both the Heat and the Magic over Boston in the east.  I don't generally put tons of stock in what comes out of (or goes into) Barkley's mouth, but the Heat are starting to play the way they were supposed to out of the gate.  Cause for concern.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The thing I keep telling myself on the Heat is, "you knew they could win games just by giving the ball to wade and james, but they can't do that forever and if they try they'll wear them down before playoffs."

I still believe it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The season was bound to have these machinations.  The Celtics should flounder at some point in this season and the Heat as typical frontrunners will go on a run but by season's end if we are healthy we will beat them all. This team understands the urgency of their shelf life and Orlando and Miami do not.  Miami is the second spoiled child in the NBA with their brethren in Los Angeles.   The Celtics will beat them down if healthy, and being healthy is by no means a guarantee, but I will take our chances.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

I am still yet to be convinced of the Heat.  Yes they have been playing much better and beat the jazz and hawks, but most of the teams they have won against over their 7 game winning streak are horrible.  The next 5 games they play 2 winning teams in the Knicks who are playing great, but also NO who has gone 3-7 in last 10.  I am really looking forward to the Dallas game coming up for the heat to see if they actually got themselves together.  With a win there I think then it should raise some concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am concerned if we are healthy not about the Heat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I am concerned if we are healthy not about the Heat.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I agree, if the Celtics are healthy heading into the playoffs and in the Finals, hard to beat. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Barkley has already picked both the Heat and the Magic over Boston in the east.  I don't generally put tons of stock in what comes out of (or goes into) Barkley's mouth, but the Heat are starting to play the way they were supposed to out of the gate.  Cause for concern.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

He also picked the bulls to win the east, but conviently forgot when Kenny Smith confronted him with it.  Total denial that he said it.  I remember him saying it as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont care what the HEAT do!!!!  If the CELTICS are healthy they will be a HARD out for any team.  With Semih playing good and a front line of JON, SHAQ and PErk it will be hard to get anything down low.  This early part of the season has a silver lining with all the injuries.  The younger guys are seeing some time and getting some valuable experience.  LOOK OUT NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Barkley has already picked both the Heat and the Magic over Boston in the east.  I don't generally put tons of stock in what comes out of (or goes into) Barkley's mouth, but the Heat are starting to play the way they were supposed to out of the gate.  Cause for concern.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Barkley never has anything good to say about the Celtics. Even if we ended up with the best record in the NBA, he would still pick someone else to make it to the NBA finals. 

Although, the Heat definitely have been playing better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]I dont care what the HEAT do!!!!  If the CELTICS are healthy they will be a HARD out for any team.  With Semih playing good and a front line of JON, SHAQ and PErk it will be hard to get anything down low.  This early part of the season has a silver lining with all the injuries.  The younger guys are seeing some time and getting some valuable experience.  LOOK OUT NBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Right on. That's the way I see the situation also. Before the season started I wrote "bring on the Heat."  We beat them both times and will continue to do so. The Heat don't have the inside game both offensively and defensively to beat the C's in a post season series. If the C's face the Heat in the playoffs, and both teams are healthy, the Heat will be doing well to win 2 games. I'm going on record by picking the C's in 5 and it's only December. That's how confident I feel about this C's team. I have a championship feeling all the way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

We also have to take into consideration the roles the refs have in this passion play; it only occurs if it is written..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Eastern conference teams should be starting to look at Miami. They're now on a roll. They have entered an easier part of their schedule, the Christmas day game vs LA should be huge. Problem now is Miami may just play their way into form and learn how to play as a unit. How this translates to the post season is yet to be determined.

I dont think that game will be huge. LA is playing like cra#!! Miami is on a roll agains teams playing like LA. Soo...is there another game on Xmas?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I agree with several people that the Heat will not beat the Celtics in the play-offs. Three on five will not work in a seven game series. They are a year or three away from the finals. Beating poor teams and the occasional good team does not make them world beaters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Miami looks like a front running team, they make it look easy and blow out teams that aren't very good by 35, but how will they come together during hard fought games, playoff type games - I just don't see it; Wade will rise to the occasion and I'm starting to see James as a guy who will get all Carl Malone and somehow manage to just never quite make it happen in the playoofs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is DECEMBER!!! :   I dont think that game will be huge. LA is playing like cra#!! Miami is on a roll agains teams playing like LA. Soo...is there another game on Xmas?
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Huge for us in the context of the season. This is our line in the sand game. Really do have to put up a great game against the Heat. The Heat could protentially be unbeaten going into the Christmas game. So it's really big for both teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is DECEMBER!!! : Huge for us in the context of the season. This is our line in the sand game. Really do have to put up a great game against the Heat. The Heat could protentially be unbeaten going into the Christmas game. So it's really big for both teams.

If Kobe has just a reasonable game and doesn't have to try to outdo both Wade and James the Lakers should handle them.  With Gasol and possibly Bynum the Lakers should dominate inside.  I think that will probably be what takes down the Heat anyway, they don't have anything inside.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If you haven't figured it out yet, the Christmas day games are always gift-wrapped for the fans of teams that were disappointed in the previous playoffs.  Last year I even predicted a C's win with half the team gone, and yes I also predicted the Cavs win in LA.  It's on this board if you want to look it up.  And let me go on record (again) as saying that the win in Orlando last year was one that we were gifted.

So this year I'm predicting losses for the c's and the lakers.  That said, if the heat come in still on a roll and the lakers are still struggling, the nba may reverse their plans to help out the lakers a bit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics can lose the Christmas day game as long as the Celtics win all their remaining games before Christmas. That would mean the Celtics are on a 14-game winning streak when they face the Magic on Christmas day.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is DECEMBER!!! : If Kobe has just a reasonable game and doesn't have to try to outdo both Wade and James the Lakers should handle them.  With Gasol and possibly Bynum the Lakers should dominate inside.  I think that will probably be what takes down the Heat anyway, they don't have anything inside.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  I would imagine that the Lakers will win this game easily.