This one is on Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This one is on Doc

This game was in the bag when Delonte and Rondo were wreaking havoc on the Hawk and had a 12 point lead.  Ray who looks like he needs geritol missed two straight lay ups and Doc kept him in letting his man go to town on him.

There was no excuse for Doc not to keep the pressure on with Rondo and West. Ray needs to have his playing time cut until he can play better.

Jeff Green is still not a focal point of the offense for the second unit and BBD was shooting ill advised jump shots that did not fall all night.  We had this game in the bag.  And Doc let his team who was dead tired down with his poor management of the game,

We are getting pushed around because we are tired but a calmer heads should have been able to get a victory tonight. We are now a third seed.

Still I am encouraged by the Rondo's and West's play. Ray needs to be used much less.  He stunk it up and played bad defense as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Re: This one is on Doc

I can't agree with you more.  Just seeing Doc's face in that 4th Quarter pissed me off.  Absolutely mismanaged this game.  How do you let a team win shooting 37%?  You do when you got "Doc" Rivers at the helm.  Let's just say he ain't gotz no PhD.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This game was lost under the boards and at the free throw line.

Atlanta had 12 second-chance points alone in the fourth quarter. It won the overall boards 52-38, including 14-3 (3!!) on the offensive end.

The C's were 11-of-20 shooting from the foul line, which I believe included five straight misses at one point in the fourth. The Hawks were 26-of-30, which helped make up for 37-percent shooting.

Can't blame that on Doc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to This one is on Doc:
    [QUOTE]
    This game was in the bag when Delonte and Rondo were wreaking havoc on the Hawk and had a 12 point lead.  Ray who looks like he needs geritol missed two straight lay ups and Doc kept him in letting his man go to town on him. There was no excuse for Doc not to keep the pressure on with Rondo and West. Ray needs to have his playing time cut until he can play better. Jeff Green is still not a focal point of the offense for the second unit and BBD was shooting ill advised jump shots that did not fall all night.  We had this game in the bag.  And Doc let his team who was dead tired down with his poor management of the game, We are getting pushed around because we are tired but a calmer heads should have been able to get a victory tonight. We are now a third seed. Still I am encouraged by the Rondo's and West's play. Ray needs to be used much less. He stunk it up and played bad defense as well.

Posted by concord27
    [/QUOTE]

I guess people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe based on how they interpret the information, but this often leads to false assumptions.

I don't agree with anything you said.

Ray was 4 for 9 and 2 -3 on 3's with 3 assists a steal and a block, and you say he stunk it up.  What game were you watching.  Ray still is not getting the ball where he should and not getting enough shots to get his rhythm a result of continuing poor ball movement at times.

Rondo asked out of the game in the 3rd quarter and with a good lead the C's began walking the ball up instead of attacking and continuing with the aggression that got them the lead.

They let up and didn't put their foot on thier throat and when Atlanta regained the momemtum it was to late to counter-act as our shots suddenly stopped dropping.

Doc didn't take a single shot.

This is definitely not on Doc.  That is simply a ridiculous notion.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Just as I suspected

The Celtics faded again. Well, at least your team helped the Lakers inch closer to the best record in the NBA.

Thanks guys...we really appreciate that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I do say Doc should have put KG in earlier in the fourth but I would put the most blame on Baby for his offensive woes and Green for his defensive woes..... Green just kept fouling he didn't block out at all and Baby shot at least 5 jumpers that he missed and 2 missed FT's late in the fourth

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rajon Rondowski,
    Ray was awful, did you watch the game.  He missed two key breakaways thanks to Rondo and Delonte.  On the most important instead of a basket he missed and Jeff Green was called for a weird foul.  Crawford scored at will on him.

Rondo was eating Joe Johnson alive.  Ray as I said missed two consecutive breakaways at that juncture. Instead of a 14 point lead we ended up  with an eight point lead.

Doc left a tired Ray out there and he slept walked until Doc took him out the damage was done however.

Rondowski I have no axe to grind with, but where do you get Rondo asked out of the game.  Do you have a guy on the  bench?  

Doc needs to let the second unit know that Jeff Green needs to get the ball.  When he is in against an athletic team Green is the guy to go to.

The guys were tired so they needed Doc to manage the game that was in the bag.

I don't know how you watch a game but I know basketball.  When I see the whole game I can see what happened. What you say doesn't jive with facts.

Yes they missed free throws and blew the game in the fourth but the game was very winnable and Doc needs to keep people like Delonte and Rondo in there to do so.

The game would have been won, those two had the game in their control. If you don't know that you were not watching at that time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In Response to Re: This one is on Doc:
    [QUOTE]Rajon Rondowski, Ray was awful, did you watch the game.  He missed two key breakaways thanks to Rondo and Delonte.  On the most important instead of a basket he missed and Jeff Green was called for a weird foul.  Crawford scored at will on him. Rondo was eating Joe Johnson alive.  Ray as I said missed two consecutive breakaways at that juncture. Instead of a 14 point lead we ended up  with an eight point lead. Doc left a tired Ray out there and he slept walked until Doc took him out the damage was done however. Rondowski I have no axe to grind with, but where do you get Rondo asked out of the game.  Do you have a guy on the  bench?   Doc needs to let the second unit know that Jeff Green needs to get the ball.  When he is in against an athletic team Green is the guy to go to. The guys were tired so they needed Doc to manage the game that was in the bag. I don't know how you watch a game but I know basketball.  When I see the whole game I can see what happened. What you say doesn't jive with facts. Yes they missed free throws and blew the game in the fourth but the game was very winnable and Doc needs to keep people like Delonte and Rondo in there to do so. The game would have been won, those two had the game in their control. If you don't know that you were not watching at that time. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

dude...Rondowski wears green colored glasses...pretty knowledgeable, but sees green no matter what...these guys are killing me...go Celts!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

You wish to blame two guys Doc and Ray and you say you know basketball.  I highly doubt that. 

Rays misses were no more a factor than KG's, Baby's, Paul's or Rondo's who all missed easy shots down the stretch.  Why are one or two misses with an 8 point lead more important?  That is faulty logic.

Our announcer, Mike Gorman, sitting right on the floor at half court, told us that Rondo went to Doc and asked out of the game.

Don't you think the C's lack of aggression in attacking the basket and pushing the ball up was the factor in letting the Hawks get back into the game?  That shift in momemtem? I do.  It's a team game, and the team stopped doing what got them the lead.

You seem to me to be one of those people who really think you know the game, but in reality you probably have only limited knowledge and that leads you to jump to conclusions and embrace false assumption very easily.

The second guessing of coaches is so easy and most often wrong as 2nd guessers have to operate with incomplete information in a field in which they have no professional expertise.

Feel free to accuse Doc and Ray of losing this game if that's your honest opinion, but just don't expect everyone to agree with you because most won't, at least on this game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

By the way Rondowski your comment Doc didn't take a shot.  He never takes a shot so what is you point.  The game needed to be managed. Players needed to know to go to the basket even though they were tired. Instead they missed shot after shot.  That's what a coach does when he knows his guys are tired.  They were playing well enough to win and the coach lost a great opportunity for his  team. We all agree this loss hurt.  I didn't think they would play this well but they did and that is what is so troubling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    By the way Rondowski your comment Doc didn't take a shot.  He never takes a shot so what is you point.  The game needed to be managed. Players needed to know to go to the basket even though they were tired. Instead they missed shot after shot.  That's what a coach does when he knows his guys are tired.  They were playing well enough to win and the coach lost a great opportunity for his  team. We all agree this loss hurt.  I didn't think they would play this well but they did and that is what is so troubling.

-

That's your opinion, and you're sticking to it.

Good for you.

In my opinion, Doc was in no way responsible for this loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This one is on Doc : - That's your opinion, and you're sticking to it. Good for you. In my opinion, Doc was in no way responsible for this loss.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, ski, for what it's worth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't expect you to agree with me based on you logic.  I got the feed from ESPN and nothing was said about Rondo wanting out of the game. Even if Rondo did want out I am sure he and Delonte would have come back in knowing the game was being lost. Your views make it impossible to comment on what really was the cause of the game.  You can't actually see Ray has been terribly lately. 

Of course they were tired and it was a back to back of away games.  But the game if you had eyes was there to be won.  The second guessing of a coach I admire like Doc seems to be appropriate as that is what this BB is for are you a troll in reverse.

And to suggest I probably don't probably know much about basketball make me laugh as your comments sound like that of an adoring fan.

I love the Celtics as much as you and I actually played in college many moon ago. So maybe I am just losing it when it comes to remembering how the game should be played.  But I don't think so.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    I don't expect you to agree with me based on you logic.  I got the feed from ESPN and nothing was said about Rondo wanting out of the game. Even if Rondo did want out I am sure he and Delonte would have come back in knowing the game was being lost. Your views make it impossible to comment on what really was the cause of the game.  You can't actually see Ray has been terribly lately.  Of course they were tired and it was a back to back of away games.  But the game if you had eyes was there to be won.  The second guessing of a coach I admire like Doc seems to be appropriate as that is what this BB is for are you a troll in reverse. And to suggest I probably don't probably know much about basketball make me laugh as your comments sound like that of an adoring fan. I love the Celtics as much as you and I actually played in college many moon ago. So maybe I am just losing it when it comes to remembering how the game should be played.  But I don't think so.  

-

Do you think there is even the remotest possibility that the reason the Celtics lost tonight is that the Team let up on the gas pedal, gave up the momentum, and could not get it back. 

Is it remotely possible that the Celtics as a Team lost this game because as a team they did not stay aggressive, keep on the attack but instead played slow down, half court basketball, thus letting the Hawks regain the momemtum.

Do you think that is even a remote possibility?

If  our shots had dropped in the fourth we likely would have won, but our shots did not drop and we lost.  The team lost.

Do you think it remotely possible that the players lost this game, the Team, and no one else?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This one is on Doc : - Do you think there is even the remotest possibility that the reason the Celtics lost tonight is that the Team let up on the gas pedal, gave up the momentum, and could not get it back.  Is it remotely possible that the Celtics as a Team lost this game because as a team they did not stay aggressive, keep on the attack but instead played slow down, half court basketball, thus letting the Hawks regain the momemtum. Do you think that is even a remote possibility? If  our shots had dropped in the fourth we likely would have won, but our shots did not drop and we lost.  The team lost. Do you think it remotely possible that the players lost this game, the Team, and no one else?
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Of course it was not the 'team', Pierce was Fierce tonight so you can't include him...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm with RajonRondowski on this.  Doc doesn't miss the free throws.  Doc doesn't get the rebounds.  Doc doesn't make BBD take shots without passing to the better shooters first.   Doc doesn't take the shot - he gives them plays that gets open shots....but the player has to hit them.  If they didn't get shots, blame the coach's play calling.  But, if they get shots and miss them, BLAME THE PLAYERS!   Doc could have put Green in but Green doesn't play D and was just fouling.  So what's he to do????   Bottom line - we need a Center and Doc doesn't have one.  Put that on Danny or on the injury bug, but not on Doc.

It was the second night of a back to back.  Doc tried to rest Garnett so he'd be fresh at the end of the game.  He gave him and the starters 6 minutes left with the game tied or down 2.  They didn't do anything with it.  That's not on Doc.....he put the team in a position to outplay the terrible hawks and they didn't do it.

Ray does look anemic and I do agree that Ray should be sitting more.  He's standing around like a zombie, but Ray had two chances to put the ball in the hole or draw a foul on layups.  Its up to Ray to execute those opportunities and he didn't. 

So, blame Doc for not taking Ray out, but that's all.  The rest is on the players and his substitution pattern other than the Ray issue, was exactly as it should be - rest your starters after a back to back so that they are fresh at the critical late game crunch time.   He did that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The same people who are blaming Doc for not putting KG back in the game sooner (and by the way, he did nothing once he did get back in the game so what difference would it have made?) are the same people who would say "Doc plays the starters too many minutes and wears them out". 

Da...med if you do, da....med it you don't, huh?  make up your mind people - is hearing wearing them out or not playing them enough??????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Of course I do, but that does not let of the coach for not doing a better job.  If you ask me and I watched the game and it was ours to take and a key game to get if we could.  I felt as you did, I was very happy with the win in San Antonio but to see them take control of the game tonight was so impressive we should have won.

What can I say, it seemed when our run ended tonight and the Hawks starting cutting the lead down Doc was slow to call a time out and get his players focused.  

You seem so passionate in your defense of the coach.  I think even Doc would blame himself for tonight.  I have noticed he seems exhausted as well as his players so he is probably doing his best but he seem disengaged at the inflection point of the game.  It is my opinion and I am stuck with it.  The Celtics have gone from front runner to dark horse in three weeks. I am fine with that and hope we play as we did last night in the playoffs.

I think we can and I will be critical of the Doc and the rest of the team from here on out. As far a I am concerned that is my job.  Blind loyalty can be someone else's job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]The same people who are blaming Doc for not putting KG back in the game sooner (and by the way, he did nothing once he did get back in the game so what difference would it have made?) are the same people who would say "Doc plays the starters too many minutes and wears them out".  Da...med if you do, da....med it you don't, huh?  make up your mind people - is hearing wearing them out or not playing them enough??????
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The difference it would have made would be on the defensive end ... no way we should have been outscored 26-15 in the fourth(10 of those being 2nd chance)  When ATL made the run KG was on the bench so how do you know it would not have made a difference?  KG got maybe 1 shot in those 6 minutes because Glen Big Baby Davis was shootin missin n poutin

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You're right, Celtsfan.  I actually blame the injury bug more than any person. 

Every team gets some injuries just by law of averages but our count was out of control.  I think we have only two players who've played every game - Pierce and Ray.  This team was firing on all cylinders even through injuries to Rondo and KG - nevermind JO being pretty much absent.  But when it got to the point where we had 8-9 players a night who could play and Pierce didn't have a back-up, everything fell apart.  Believe me, if that original team had even the average amount of health, they'd be out there running their defense and passing to each other almost intuitively.  Now we just have to get back to reality - which is a far cry from this - and address these problems the best we can.

1st 3 are rebounding, rebounding and rebounding.

4th is we have got to keep driving to the basket.  When those jump shots were falling I breathed sighs of relief and just hoped they would keep dropping.  But when they stopped going in, it felt like we were in free-fall.  Having Shaq back should help tremendously.

And I agree with you that Ray needs a break.  I wouldn't mind giving him a game off - just one, like Rondo - and starting West because he's quietly been one of our best lately.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG did not play that badly Ray did.  Ray has even a fair game we win this game. Ray needs rest and Delonte seems more than capable of picking up extra minutes. Wafer is also worthy of more minutes. He could be a real factor if he gets chance.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Good points I am with you Ms. Lithium.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Our bench was outscored 40-15 .... Pachulia alone had 15