This Season is Already Tainted.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: This Season is Already Tainted.

I dont like the flip/flop, or rather the SPIN of making DA the villain and Rondo the victim.

It was Rondo who let the team down last year with his pouting, taking off games and genarally poor attitude. His reputation preceeded his coming to the Celtics...difficult to coach, moody & bad in the locker room.

DA reacted for probably more reasons than just thhis.

Finally, think about what youre saying here.... Now that it's public that Rondo was being shopped, your concerned he will do his usual....pout, moan, be disruptive and defiant... just some of the exact reasons DA wanted to trade the kid in the first place.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Instead of demonizing and vilifying the "Rondo-haters" (in the past, no one did it better than 'Ski) at BDC, Rondowski is now forced to go after the Celtic's President of Basketball Operations for "tainting" the season.

Pout much, Rondowski?

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: This Season is Already Tainted.:
    [QUOTE]"There are only a handful of good point guards in the league and Boston has one of them" In case you havent noticed this is the golden era of pg's cp3 rose westbrook wall deron williams tony parker nash steph curry billups ty lawson devin harris andre miller Just to name a few good pgs.
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]
    Rose and cp3, possibly Deron Williams are the only ones on your list worth mentioning.Nash,Parker and Billups are on the downhill side of their careers.Curry`s not a true point guard,nor is Westbrook.Wall is a year or 2 away from running a veteran club.Lawson,Harris, Miller? Get serious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo has an opportunity to prove all his naysayers wrong.  I watched Sunday and did not see much.  Of course he needs time to show he has turned over a new leaf but his game needs to elevate to a point where he is a at least a moderate scoring force.  Not just passing to the big 3, he needs to take it to the basket and shoot free throws and make a perimeter shot every now and then.  Watching him brick a few the other night I do not expect much.

The Big Three were a perfect complement to his passing skills.  Last year and in game seven of the finals in 2010 we saw they cannot always get open like they used to.  The result in retrospect defined the Celtics fall. 

Rondo can't score he is not in the top ten point guards. The Big three can't get open like they used to and our season will reflect that if Rondo is the same.

Danny knew that and every one else in the league knew it to, resulting in nobody wanting to give anything of value for Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

concord, these ten better PGs - give us the names of 5 thru 10. just so we know.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I was wishing the season never happened. Let go Pats and B's again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Da+Flyin+Hawaiian. Show Da+Flyin+Hawaiian's posts

Hey Rondowski !!

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. In udda wrds, if you can do bedda, you should be da GM. You sure speak like one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think you can argue that trade rumors about ray (didn't hurt the professional ray so much, but made team think), then trading perk, then this rondo thing...that it had to have a negative effect on morale.

The champioinship team really did see itself as a family.  I think it started with doc and I don't think, truth known, doc signed off on any trades with the starting 5.

Now the other pieces (say baby) I don't think they cared.  Well, the powe thing but I think in the end they knew it had to be.  Just my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BP,
    If Rondo cannot score, I said he is not in the top ten point guards.  Let's wait and see and then I will be glad to make a list.  If he can't it won't be hard. If you believe that Rondo is a top five point guard he will round out his game and hold up his end offensively. Do you really believe the Big Three will be as effective offensively as they have been the last four years? I hope they are but we saw what happened the last half of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I'm hoping Doc has visited with the shamans and been transformed into a coach who will play and develop young talent. This team has had it for several years, but Doc never gives them enough rope. This team is old. It has to have a deep rotation to go anywhere. DannyA, please get this across to Doc.
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]

Please elaborate on this "young talent" Doc has had and has failed to develop for the last several years.  I would LOVE to hear this!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Russ,
    I agree with you there.  Avery Bradley is he the young talent? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Russ, I agree with you there.  Avery Bradley is he the young talent? 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head, we've had Bradley, Luke, Semih, Hudson, Giddens, Walker and Davis in the last 4 years!!  A real future All-Star team there!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Rondowski !! Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. In udda wrds, if you can do bedda, you should be da GM. You sure speak like one.

Posted by Da+Flyin+Hawaiian[/QUOTE]

-

I kin shore do bedder den Danny did on dis one, Brudder.  May you fall ina volcano and tern ta ash ifin ya b doubtin me on dis one agin.

I prollally da bes GM-Wanna B ta neder ware da hat.

People, as usual, B wantin to kill the messenger instead of addressing the message. 

I've been a solid backer of Danny Ainge throughout his tenure, but I sincerely believe that he screwed up this year.  If you disasgree then demonstrate how Ainge improved the team without mentioning the ridiculous notion that he sent Rondo a message, LoL

There does exist such a thing as team chemistry, such a thing as group psychology, such a thing as institutional mind-set. such a thing as trust, and for fans to deny that these intangibles can greatly affect a teams performance either positively or negatively is simply a gross misunderstanding. 

I really doubt that I'm the only Celtics fan who thinks Danny goofed up on this one and damaged the teams chances.

I doubt that I'm the only fan who feels that these events have diminished the enthusiasm we felt when the opening game was first announced.

That's all I'm saying, that for me, these events have tainted the season even before it begins.

It's tainted.

-

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

We will see Mr Rondowski !

I don't think the vibe is as poisonous as you think.

None of us knew about Rondo smashing the video during the playoffs and we were awed to watch him continue to play on a broken arm. Rondo was the stuff of Celtic Legend against Miami....but never forget his point blank miss of a layup let Miami off the ropes when they were all but dead...I think it more likely Rondo comes out angry and plays like he did the first 30 games last season (MVP) 

For all we know, KG and Ray already have their deadline destinations picked out with a handshake agreement from Danny and Wyc....but I would imagine that scenerio is only a last resort, only to be played out if the Celtics are out of the race or suffer catastrophic injuries.....

But as of this minute, even without Jeff Green...the Boston Celtics are a top 5 championship contender. They are right there with the big dogs, and a 66 game season WILL be a factor in the Celtics favor more than any other team in the NBA...

Danny has done wonders with a bunch of minimum wage slots and his drafting of two guys who were teammates for 4 years is genius...both rookies look to get 10+ minutes a game this season (AL Jefferson got 15 minutes as a rookie and Semih Erden averaged 14 as a Celtic - won't it be a thrill to see this young 6'10" big man get more minutes as a rookie than Big Baby did ?)

I don't think KG , Ray and PP are ticked off right now, I bet Ray and KG both get one year extensions by All Star weekend if they come out strong and the Celtics are riding high.

Ye of little faith Rondowski !

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND BRING ON THE NEW LOOK BOSTON CELTICS !
    PREDICTION: 56-9 , AND ANOTHER NBA FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE BIG 3 !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]We will see Mr Rondowski ! I don't think the vibe is as poisonous as you think. None of us knew about Rondo smashing the video during the playoffs and we were awed to watch him continue to play on a broken arm. Rondo was the stuff of Celtic Legend against Miami....but never forget his point blank miss of a layup let Miami off the ropes when they were all but dead...I think it more likely Rondo comes out angry and plays like he did the first 30 games last season (MVP)  For all we know, KG and Ray already have their deadline destinations picked out with a handshake agreement from Danny and Wyc....but I would imagine that scenerio is only a last resort, only to be played out if the Celtics are out of the race or suffer catastrophic injuries..... But as of this minute, even without Jeff Green...the Boston Celtics are a top 5 championship contender. They are right there with the big dogs, and a 66 game season WILL be a factor in the Celtics favor more than any other team in the NBA... Danny has done wonders with a bunch of minimum wage slots and his drafting of two guys who were teammates for 4 years is genius...both rookies look to get 10+ minutes a game this season (AL Jefferson got 15 minutes as a rookie and Semih Erden averaged 14 as a Celtic - won't it be a thrill to see this young 6'10" big man get more minutes as a rookie than Big Baby did ?) I don't think KG , Ray and PP are ticked off right now, I bet Ray and KG both get one year extensions by All Star weekend if they come out strong and the Celtics are riding high. Ye of little faith Rondowski ! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND BRING ON THE NEW LOOK BOSTON CELTICS ! PREDICTION: 56-9 , AND ANOTHER NBA FINALS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE BIG 3 !

Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

-

Wow, PHX International, thanks for that shot in the arm of pure, unadulterated optimism. Now if I can just get the docs to put me back on my meds, I just may pull out of this mental funk. (; />)

I hope you're right on all counts.  That would be the best case scenario. 

Just seeing Rondo skip that pass over to Ray in the corner last week and seeing Ray sink his first 3-pointer did wonders for my mood.

As I've said a few times, Doc needs to go for broke this season and see what the new guys and the rooks can do.  If they can hold a lead and keep the vets minutes down we do have a shot.

I'm a leading advocate of what you said, that we'll have to wait and see.  I'm hoping for the best and will put on my positive clothes on Christmas day when the games that count begin.

I'm hoping for the best, but I also feel the need to vent my frustration about the NBA fiasco we've been put through this pre-season.

Go Celtics.  Tonight, Paul is not playing again, so we should get to see what some other guys have to offer. 

Now, you got me a bit more excited about Christmas and the opening game in NYC.

Thanks for the shot of optimism.

-

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Phx,
    56-9 I mean you were kidding right?   I think we are a 35 to forty win team this year.  With a chance to shock the world in the playoffs from no matter what seed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Season is Already Tainted. : Rose and cp3, possibly Deron Williams are the only ones on your list worth mentioning.Nash,Parker and Billups are on the downhill side of their careers.Curry`s not a true point guard,nor is Westbrook.Wall is a year or 2 away from running a veteran club.Lawson,Harris, Miller? Get serious.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

True that some of those players are on the downhill side of their careers, yet EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM  on the list posted higher per's than rondo. Westbrook  plays pg , sefalosha plays sg on oklahoma and steph curry plays point guard and monta ellis plays sg on golden state, reguardless of your opinion , thats fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Da+Flyin+Hawaiian. Show Da+Flyin+Hawaiian's posts

Rondowski,

Mahalo for your responce. You know the world is so full of Wanna Bees. As we all know, Ainge is always trying to improve the C's. Getting in on the CP3 trade was one. It didn't work out. Move on. I believe Rondo would be inspired by knowing that he could have got traded. Remember these are all men and this is a business.

As for Ainge screwing up this season, I don't believe that one bit. He did his very best with what he had. This years team will go a lot further then last years. He did have a few set backs (Green, Pierce). It's something that we all have to live with and hope for the best.

As far as having Trust, Chemistry, Pride etc. There is no other team in the NBA that has more of these intangibles than the our C's

The key word in our conversation is: Appreciation. Learn to appreciate what Ainge has done this year and hope for the best. Be good fans.

I'm sure you're not the only one who thinks and feels the way you do. To all of you who do, relax !! It's all good. For me, I just can't wait for Christmas Day. I'll be watching the game on the beach on the North Shore of Oahu, pounding a few beers and a few waves, grilling some steaks and checking out the sights. Sorry on volcanos here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

"But as of this minute, even without Jeff Green...the Boston Celtics are a top 5 championship contender. They are right there with the big dogs, and a 66 game season WILL be a factor in the Celtics favor more than any other team in the NBA..."

PHX, I dont know how youve arrived at such a lofty status for the C's, please elaborate.  I can envision Boston perhaps top 5 in the East... certainly not in entire league.

Hopefully you are right but with the Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Mavs, Thunder, Grizzlies, Clippers et al, who do you rate the C's above on this list?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

This season's schedule is definitely not in favor of the C's. I mean, PP is already out and we haven't even started yet...it's going to be brutal on the old bones. Too many games in too short a timeframe, no time to recuperate.
    I think we gotta be realistic and at the same time hope for the best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

This season's schedule is definitely not in favor of the C's. I mean, PP is already out and we haven't even started yet...it's going to be brutal on the old bones. Too many games in too short a timeframe, no time to recuperate.

that's reasonable to expect, bert, but there's plenty of notion out there that the celtics won't be any more ill-effected by the compacted schedule than any other team. theoretically, the chemistry advantage the celtics will enjoy should offset the old bones disadvantage. 

we need greg stiemsma to step up tonight and separate himself. this is a 6'11" 260 lb wisconsin badger who is considered to be an outstanding defensive player and shot blocker. pulled off a triple double (10 blocks) in the nba developmental league. hits his FTs. i'll be watching and hoping for him tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont think stiemsma has to even step up , he makes the team by default.  We are so desperate for a center.   If jo gets hurt we are screwed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]This season's schedule is definitely not in favor of the C's. I mean, PP is already out and we haven't even started yet...it's going to be brutal on the old bones. Too many games in too short a timeframe, no time to recuperate. that's reasonable to expect, bert, but there's plenty of notion out there that the celtics won't be any more ill-effected by the compacted schedule than any other team. theoretically, the chemistry advantage the celtics will enjoy should offset the old bones disadvantage.  we need greg stiemsma to step up tonight and separate himself. this is a 6'11" 260 lb wisconsin badger who is considered to be an outstanding defensive player and shot blocker. pulled off a triple double (10 blocks) in the nba developmental league. hits his FTs. i'll be watching and hoping for him tonight.

Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

-

Baily Pow, kazolly, kappowski, bam, splatz. . .  you know what, "The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter is that his name wasn't Henry Porter."

You so right, the same schedule lies ahead for each team, and the veterans on the C's know how to prepare, and injuries due to fatigue are not unique to older players but are more likely to happen to players not in pristine shape.

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content. And you know there was something about you, Baby, that I liked that was always too good for this world, just like you always said there was something about me you liked that I left behind in the French Quarter.

Lethal Green.  That's just who we are.

She said "Welcome to the land of the living dead". You could tell she was
    so broken-hearted. She said "Even the swap meets around here are pretty corrupt".

Jus like the NBA.

I feel the Celtic's season is just a little less tainted after seeing the new guys preform in the last preseason game.

Bring on the Knicks.  Can't wait for Christmas Day.

-

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i wish i could remember a little bit better. i was thinkin' brownsville, but henry says danville. either way, the townspeople wanted to crush that kid.

right you are, rondowski. bring on the silly knicks. meanwhile, this latest rumor better be BS or i'm gonna get cloudy. real cloudy.