This Season will be a Treat for Real BBall Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This Season will be a Treat for Real BBall Fans

I was not particularly entertained by the Celtics last season, other than the winning streak stretch that they played with amazing energy after Rondo went down. 

Same ol Doc.  PP was slow and couldn't take care of the ball.  Garnett was inconsistent and often looked tired.  Bradley lost his touch.  Green was frustrating.  Lee was MIA.  Bass was boring. Noboby was particuarly exciting and it was obvious the team was going nowhere.  

I am looking forward to this season more than I can remember since the big three first laced up.

I don't care how many games they win or lose (other than a peek at the lottery cliff). 

I'm excited to see how Oly's game at PF translates to his NBA potential. I'm excited to see what Sully can do with a healthy back and decent minutes (he struggled to get under Doc).  I'm excited to see if Bradley and Lee can regain their lost mojo.  I'm excited to see if Fav can really play and if Danny stole a gem.  I'm excited to see if Brooks light it up from the outside, and learn how to play defense.  I'm excited to see if Jeff Green can break out and be the star we hope he can be to anchor the rebuild.  I'm excited to see a new coach and a new system develop. and I'll be excited to see how Danny continues to mold and position the team with trades in preparation for a most improved - bust out year in 2014-2015.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: This Season will be a Treat for Real BBall Fans

yeah, coupled with trades and next season's draft and potential free agents (TPE) this will be an exciting 12 months ....

Danny can couple a draft pick and up to $3MM in cash with the TPE ($10.5MM) for a S&T free agent ... If we keep Hump and let his contract expire Danny can use that $ for another FA or to extend RR if he decides to keep him. Interesting year indeed!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

A most fascinating drama will be the battle of the wills between BSteve and R9R to see who calls the shots on and off the floor.

I want to see what BSteve does the first time R9R defies him on the court... or in the locker room ... and what happens next.

Being a player's coach, Doc never had the cajones to assert his authority and seemed to shy away from confrontation.

We'll see what BSteve does when his own coaching CRED is challenged, hanging in the balance.

Too early to tell who will cave.... but Rondo doesn't have his HOFer buddies anymore to hide behind if newbie coach decides to grow a pair/lead.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Coincidentally, I posted this elswhere earlier this AM, but it fits more appropriately here too. For me training camp can't come a day too soon. So much to be decided between now and then, and for genuine Boston Celtics fans, this is going to be a most intriguing year and quite an education on who DA really is as a GM, and what his true abilities are. I think the guy separates himself from the crowd between now and start of the 2014 season. Its a very small window, for sure. The questions is, Does DA fail or succeed between now and then? I say, though he waited about 6months to a year too long to get things rolling, he has recovered nicely and is already proving that success is likely in the not too distant future. It'll be like watching the construction of a towering sky scraper being built from scratch. The end result of one of those things is always amazing and awesome, and for may reasons you never forget seeing it in person.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Coincidentally, I posted this elswhere earlier this AM, but it fits more appropriately here too. For me training camp can't come a day too soon. So much to be decided between now and then, and for genuine Boston Celtics fans, this is going to be a most intriguing year and quite an education on who DA really is as a GM, and what his true abilities are. I think the guy separates himself from the crowd between now and start of the 2014 season. Its a very small window, for sure. The questions is, Does DA fail or succeed between now and then? I say, though he waited about 6months to a year too long to get things rolling, he has recovered nicely and is already proving that success is likely in the not too distant future. It'll be like watching the construction of a towering sky scraper being built from scratch. The end result of one of those things is always amazing and awesome, and for may reasons you never forget seeing it in person.

The pro-Rondo camp better be right or the entire season will be an interesting one from the perspective of watching young talent on both the player and coaching side learn to play in the NBA...otherwise, that's all it will be, still interesting but from a test tube perspective...

The new coach has a 6 year contract and the blessings of the ownership...HE'S not going anywhere....Rondo? We don't know what he's going to do or where he might be going, now do we?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I feel the same way.  I was frustrated with Danny for moving so slowly, but then his deals with SD and Brooklyn and selection of Stevens as coach were absolutely brilliant.  Oly looks like the steal of the draft and his pick-up of Favarini, Pessey and Smith seem solid at face value.  As a result, he has already shortened the rebuild time considerably and there is still much more to come.  I believe that he has actually re-energized the fan base.         

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'd be happy if a solid foundation were successfully poured/laid this next year. W/o that, the highrise superstructure crumbles all too soon.

The foundation is everything and takes time/dedication/good fortune/leprechauns.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i agree with most of this. i think this will be a successful year if rondo and sully both come back healthy from their injuries. whether rondo is here longterm or not, a healthy rondo is worth far more to us than a dinged up rondo. and it will be nice to see what sully can do now that his back is (hopefully) fixed. i don't think we are anywhere near done remaking this team, but i am looking forward to watching them this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i agree with most of this. i think this will be a successful year if rondo and sully both come back healthy from their injuries. whether rondo is here longterm or not, a healthy rondo is worth far more to us than a dinged up rondo. and it will be nice to see what sully can do now that his back is (hopefully) fixed. i don't think we are anywhere near done remaking this team, but i am looking forward to watching them this year.

I had not planned to buy NBA League Pass this next year due to rebuilding which is going to be tough sledding.

The Big Three era spoiled me... but I may not be able to resist seeing what BSteve can pull out of a hat with all the new blood. And I'll be dreaming about lotto picks the entire season.

In 2006, I got really interested in watching KD and the other possible top draft choices play college ball, trying to imagine them in Celtic green.

Didn't happen... but we did flip #5 pick(?) for RA and then KG.... which was a very happy surprise.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'll also be watching Kentucky this year.  They have 6 players who could go in the first round.  Especially Andrew Harrison 6'5" PG and Dakari Johnson (backup C who I think will be more NBA ready at Center than Willie CS).  They represent positions of need for the Celtics and all three have been projected as 5-10 picks in one mock or another.