This team has no business being a #1 seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed

When the season ends, if we're the #1 seed in the East, we'll deserve it.

Like Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are... or something like that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed:
    [QUOTE]When the season ends, if we're the #1 seed in the East, we'll deserve it. Like Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are... or something like that
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

That saying didn't apply to the Patriots this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

last season people said we'd crash out in the first round.

I didn't, and you know why?

in 14 games against the 5th-8th seeds last season, we lost once.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]There is no need to panic. There have been many times that I have been critical of Doc and especially DAinge but I like what Doc has been doing. I missed the game but I took a look at the box score. It appears to me that Doc is trying to do a balancing act. He is trying to win games while decreasing minutes for his starters while giving more pt to the new guys. He is attempting to build chemistry with his second unit as well as get them indoctrinated to Celtic basketball.  I would much rather have Boston come in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference but have a better prepared bench for the playoffs then to give tons of minutes to the starters, finish in 1st place, but end up with a bench completely unprepared for the playoffs. Relax guys. Things'll be just fine.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]Finally, a voice of reason!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Amongs the uproar,the  knasing of teeth, crisis mongering, doom sayers, whims of opinion blowing, like the winds of recent  eastern storms, a true fan must look deeper to see the obvious. ie, remember last year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Hedley says the east is just as good as the west. Never mind the championship count since 2000 or the head to head record this season or the fact the east 8th seed would be a lowly.......13th in the west. Yea right hedley!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Kinda like losin to the Cavaliers????? Sound familiar? Or the Heat recently?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

This thread is a tempest in a tea pot.

The team with the best record will have the number one seed.

Right now, the Celtics are integrating new faces into the line up and bringing back several important players that have been out due to injury, trying to get ready for the play-offs. Play will be uneven as this happens.

I think that it is impressivethat they still are in first place considering the adversity that they have had to face.

As the new players learn the system, and additional players come back the Celtics will improve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Apologies for the pessimism, but I think the Celtics gave up the #1 spot last night for good.  They're not going to beat the Bulls head to head unless they're healthy, and securing the #1 seed is really a red herring.  It's far more important that this team enters the playoffs reasonably healthy than heading in with the #1 seed but beat up.

Doc needs to start thinking about clinging to the #2 or  #3 seed, and prepare accordingly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

They may or may not be the number one seed in the east.

It would be helpful, however, if they were seeded ahead of the Lakers.

By the way, we still have a game against the Bulls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team has no business being a #1 seed : Kinda like losin to the Cavaliers????? Sound familiar? Or the Heat recently?
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Boston has lost 9 games to both the east and west this season. However, you only play the west teams twice a season!

Work it out Einstein. BTW, have you done a championship count for the conferences since 2000? Hmmm, really makes you're point huh lmao.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

So how you play against poor teams says what?

I thought that how you played against the best was more important.

Laker, your argument is silly. Come back when you have something of substance  to say.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

What rotten fans.  It's embarassing.  If it's so objectionable go follow figure skating.

Further, you will eat your words and please don't jump back on the bandwagon when the Celtics hoist #18.  Just GO.  Go post to a whiners board for ex-fans.

You're disgraceful.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think the team is still searching with the new players. I have faith in the Vets. and the ship will be righted. Again, like Iv'e been saying, it's the NBA. Players are the best in the world. By the playoffs the C's will be jammin. It will be done on the defensive end. Mark my words.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This thread is like flypaper for losers. 

"Do you see the Spurs, or the Bulls, or the Heat, or the Mavs doing this, playing like this?"

Actually the Heat just did play like that, they lost a bunch of games and players were crying. Where were you? 

"There is no inkling of a championship team here, for anyone who saw the game tonight.  The futility inspires no confidence that these guys can come out on top in the grueling playoffs."

If you'll recall the team struggled last year in the regular season and ended up in game 7 of the NBA finals. 

You are in desperate need of a clue. 

Oh, and by the way, if the Celts win the most they get the number one seed. Whoever wins the most deserves it. It's pretty cut and dried. Quit trying to turn it into something subjective you can whine about.

I hope you realize that the Celts are less worried now about the number one seed and more worried about getting guys healthy. If the Celts are healthy I like their chances. If they aren't, I don't. Kinda like last year. Don't jump off the cliff yet, the water is cold.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Lakers had there little funk and they playing well now.
    Miami was all but counted out of the 1st or 2nd seed. now they beat the lakers and Spurs.
    The Celtics stumbled and now everyone thinks we do not deserve the top seed?
    If we play well and win the seed it will be because we won it is simple as that