This team is really, really good

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: This team is really, really good

If this team gets well and starts firing on all cylinders, they will give grief to every team in the league.
    But we need Rondo's bum leg to get healed, we need Delonte back, and Perk and JON playing so Shaq's minutes remain quality ones.
    I love this teams chances.  Besides all the talent that's evident here now, this is the fourth year the core group has been playing together.  When they collectively go unconscious, like the better part of the 1st quarter of tonites game, it's difficult to tell if your watching a game or a highlight reel.\
    Of course, we're only 1/4 of the way through the preseason.  Still a long way to go before it counts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i only got to catch the halfway through 3rd and the 4th quarter. their defense is rotating and getting to spots, its scary good. if they can keep this level of play up, they could get home court advantage throughout playoffs. I heard the bench lost the lead again in this one in the 2nd, but it looked like they got their heads together in the 2nd half.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

As long as KG stays healthy, we are capable of beating anyone in a 7 game series. He is back to superstar status, and seems to be getting better every game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We're much better than we look right now.

First, hopefully our full lineup can get back together healthy. Even DWEST might make it back in Jan... stunning

More importantly, come playoff time our defense will have its foot on the pedal most of the game... not like the regular season.. if we're fairly healthy and Doc is able to spare our starters minutes during the season...watch out!

Our depth and talent is too good. With all that and a healthy KG and the rest, our defense will be over powering. It was good in last seasons playoffs with a gimp KG, less depth and no length down low. Now we may have Shaq, JON, Perk, Erden , KG & BBD in the hole. Lots of size, lots of fouls to eat up.  and Shaq clobbering anyone getting near the rim... it makes a difference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

As was said earlier, what makes me smile is that the core is in year #4....when the trades were made all the nay-sayers said we overpaid or possibly one and done....but we have remained a true contender for four consecutive years while also building our depth and youth....while the "big three" are winding down, I see great young players like rondo and baby developing right before our eyes....who knows how increased playing time will result in the development of Erden and Bradley?  ....Perk is still young as are Marquis and Nate..and KG is finally healthy again.....Danny has done a great job IMO...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

This team can break the Fakers 33 in a row if they come out each night and play with an intensity that others can't match. They do have the personnel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I just read somewhere that the Celtics have played teams without their leading scorer three times this year. Could it be caused by the fear of looking bad?

SI.com

Carmelo... come out ... come out ... where ever you are...

For the regular season, focus will be the most difficult opponent for the Celtics. It is easy to get up for games against the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Heat, Jazz, Magic, and Bulls, but difficult against the bottom feeders.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: This team is really, really good:
    [QUOTE]I just read somewhere that the Celtics have played teams without their leading scorer three times this year. Could it be caused by the fear of looking bad? SI.com   Carmelo... come out ... come out ... where ever you are... For the regular season, focus will be the most difficult opponent for the Celtics. It is easy to get up for games against the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Heat, Jazz, Magic, and Bulls, but difficult against the bottom feeders.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu[/QUOTE]

Me thinks that Melo just wants to be traded and doesn't want to risk hurting his chances of changing uniforms.

Hard to disagree with his decision-making.

Why try at this point?

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : Me thinks that Melo just wants to be traded and doesn't want to risk hurting his chances of changing uniforms. Hard to disagree with his decision-making. Why try at this point? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    little thing called pride, puddinpuddin. celtics fans understand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

Really Really REALLY good.  I think they're better than the 2007 Championship Team.  Pierce is playing better than he's ever played.  KG has the springs back.  Rondo is one of the best in the game.  Ray same as it ever was.  Baby vastly improved 6th Man candidate.  Shaq an incredible difference maker on both ends of the floor.  Nate Robinson has been great.  D West will be a great back-up when he returns.  Perk is a Beast when he returns.  Even Marquis is contributing.  Semih adds depth.  Doc pushing all the right buttons.  I'm really really impressed.  They are so fun to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

Concur. As others have already said, want West, JO and Perk back. The Big 3 want 1 more title before they head off into the sunset and they know they had the title in their grasp last year before letting it slip away due to fatigue. With this bench things will be different this year. They look focused and driven. KG is back, Pierce looks great and Ray is well Ray.

As I live near Philadelphia I might go to the game tonight. The last time I was at a Celtics game they played the 76ers in March, 2008 and we all know how that season ended.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

Seems like a repeat of last year to me.  Seems like the Cs streaked out to a great record... 20-4... and then Christmas came and the wear and tear set in.  It should be interesting to see if they trend like last year or keep it going like 07.  I'll be amazed if the legs don't start to wear down in the new year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]This team can break the Fakers 33 in a row if they come out each night and play with an intensity that others can't match. They do have the personnel.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Um that's a NBA record that won't be touched.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's only December but the Lakers already have 6 losses while the Celtics only have 4.

HAHAHA!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]It's only December but the Lakers already have 6 losses while the Celtics only have 4. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Just like last year, the Celtics started out hot. How did that turn out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : Just like last year, the Celtics started out hot. How did that turn out.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Well we didn't have depth last year and we do this year.  Don't worry you will understand more as the season goes on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : Well we didn't have depth last year and we do this year.  Don't worry you will understand more as the season goes on.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

And we improved our bench...and STILL don't have Andrew Bynum back. You'll understand more as the season moves along.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : And we improved our bench...and STILL don't have Andrew Bynum back. You'll understand more as the season moves along.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Steve Blake better than Jordan Farmar? Theo Ratliff better than Josh Powell?

Are you in denial?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : Just like last year, the Celtics started out hot. How did that turn out.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

It ended up with us going to the Finals, which is not easyto do.

Most C's fans will tell you this team is about a notch and a half better than last year, and we lost the finals by 4pts in a game 7.

Last year turned out pretty good, with expectations to do a little better this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : Are you serious? Steve Blake better than Jordan Farmar? Theo Ratliff better than Josh Powell? http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jordan_farmar/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_blake/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_powell/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/theo_ratliff/ Are you in denial?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Blake replaced Farmar. Barnes replaced Powell. Ratliff replaced Mbenga. 

Although the stats haven't reflected it yet, I believe Blake will come around once he plays in the triangle for awhile. If anything, the team will benefit from not having to deal with chemistry issues coming from Farmar this year. Barnes is unquestionably an upgrade over Powell. And as unproductive as Ratliff has been thus far, I'll take him over Mbenga.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is really, really good : Blake replaced Farmar. Barnes replaced Powell. Ratliff replaced Mbenga.  Although the stats haven't reflected it yet, I believe Blake will come around once he plays in the triangle for awhile. If anything, the team will benefit from not having to deal with chemistry issues coming from Farmar this year. Barnes is unquestionably an upgrade over Powell. And as unproductive as Ratliff has been thus far, I'll take him over Mbenga.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Matt Barnes is a PF??  Must have missed that memo!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

AH, a four point loss in Game 7 of the Finals??