this teams in trouble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: this teams in trouble

In Response to Re: this teams in trouble:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : I agree, they have been without their best player for 2 weeks and rushing him back is not a good idea no matter how many irrelevant games they lose in January. The thing that is odd is posters keep saying "seems like a replay" but then they leave out the fact that they took the Lakers to 7 games after playing 500 ball the last two thirds of the season last year. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling - just like last year and the outcome was almost number 18. People panic - last year they lost to the Clippers and Golden State and several other bad teams and after the season Doc basically said they tanked games to conserve minutes, etc. and it almost paid off. Worrying about them now is simply silly as I said in another thread when healthy they are the deepest and best team in the league and built for the playoffs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Yes, Ha, Ha, Ha.  Remember when they lost to the Nets at home last year? Remember we lost all those Friday night games at home?  Remember Paul's lingering leg issue and KG's leg strength not there?  PANIC.....FIRE DOC, TRADE RAY, Blow up the Team.........oops.....we got to 4 points of the Championship.  Guess we weren't so bad after all.   You think we'd learn that its a LONG season and great ups and downs will happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : Yes, Ha, Ha, Ha.  Remember when they lost to the Nets at home last year? Remember we lost all those Friday night games at home?  Remember Paul's lingering leg issue and KG's leg strength not there?  PANIC.....FIRE DOC, TRADE RAY, Blow up the Team.........oops.....we got to 4 points of the Championship.  Guess we weren't so bad after all.   You think we'd learn that its a LONG season and great ups and downs will happen.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

What you say about what the Celtics did last year is true...however, things like that are a rarity so dont expect it to happen again.

THe Clets went 27-27 to finish the season then made a great run in the playoffs. How did that happen? IMO, it happened cause older, veteran players cant get motivted and/or dont have the energy to play every game like its all that important. Last season our team got older, adding Finley & Sheed..

This year we exchanged Sheed for Shaq..even older.. and Finley for West..not playing.

Heres an interesting stat ( Im just guessing here) that our record against the elite teams may be better than against the lousy teams or close to it I bet.  Thats a clear signal that we play inspired ball against the elite and lesser focus vs the garbage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : What you say about what the Celtics did last year is true...however, things like that are a rarity so dont expect it to happen again. THe Clets went 27-27 to finish the season then made a great run in the playoffs. How did that happen? IMO, it happened cause older, veteran players cant get motivted and/or dont have the energy to play every game like its all that important. Last season our team got older, adding Finley & Sheed.. This year we exchanged Sheed for Shaq..even older.. and Finley for West..not playing. Heres an interesting stat ( Im just guessing here) that our record against the elite teams may be better than against the lousy teams or close to it I bet.  Thats a clear signal that we play inspired ball against the elite and lesser focus vs the garbage.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Pierce and KG missed significant time last year and Doc essentially admitted tanking games.  Who cares this year or that year or whatever, they have the 3rd best record in the league and have gone the whole season without their starting season and about a third of the season without their starting point guard and are none the worse for wear and in my opinion had Delonte West been healthy there are a few games they would have won that they did lose.

"this team is in trouble" is nonsense.... after losing a couple my 75 year old stepfather said it is looking more and more like a Spurs - Heat final and I said honestly I don't think either of those teams will be in the finals.  No inside game, no half court sets, primarily jump shooters, etc.  He is a total panic driven game by bame manic depressive and cannot look beyond the last quarter, half, game, etc.  The big picture and the long run are things that simply incomprehensible to him and that mindset is the root of this thread.  Panicstricken idiots who cannot see the long run......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : Pierce and KG missed significant time last year and Doc essentially admitted tanking games.  Who cares this year or that year or whatever, they have the 3rd best record in the league and have gone the whole season without their starting season and about a third of the season without their starting point guard and are none the worse for wear and in my opinion had Delonte West been healthy there are a few games they would have won that they did lose. "this team is in trouble" is nonsense.... after losing a couple my 75 year old stepfather said it is looking more and more like a Spurs - Heat final and I said honestly I don't think either of those teams will be in the finals.  No inside game, no half court sets, primarily jump shooters, etc.  He is a total panic driven game by bame manic depressive and cannot look beyond the last quarter, half, game, etc.  The big picture and the long run are things that simply incomprehensible to him and that mindset is the root of this thread.  Panicstricken idiots who cannot see the long run......

Agreed. they are on pace for a 60 win season.  if that is trouble than pretty much any other team in the NBA would like that sort of trouble. KG, Perk and West are on the horizon.  All three of those guys will make a difference.  Even if you aren't a big Perk fan you have to admit that we need some D and some boards.  He can do that.  West is a known commodity and KG is KG.  Stop freaking out people.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Injuries.... same as last year and we know how that turned out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : You give me too much credit. Believe me, if I really had that much power or influence, the C's would be 0-82...EVERY YEAR.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately after every Laker loss or Celtic win you magically disappear. Against the Bulls the Celtics didn't win because you didn't post before the Celtics/Bulls game.

It's not about your power and influence, it's about you being an anomaly. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : What you say about what the Celtics did last year is true...however, things like that are a rarity so dont expect it to happen again. THe Clets went 27-27 to finish the season then made a great run in the playoffs. How did that happen? IMO, it happened cause older, veteran players cant get motivted and/or dont have the energy to play every game like its all that important. Last season our team got older, adding Finley & Sheed.. This year we exchanged Sheed for Shaq..even older.. and Finley for West..not playing. Heres an interesting stat ( Im just guessing here) that our record against the elite teams may be better than against the lousy teams or close to it I bet.  Thats a clear signal that we play inspired ball against the elite and lesser focus vs the garbage.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Its a rarity, but this is a rare team.  You just don't have many teams that have this many weapons and all unselfish + playing good defense. Rebounding is a weakness but other than that, this is a very good team.....better than last year's in fact and as long as they're not lying about KG, it will be healthier than last year.   I hold to my prediction - this team will be just fine and will have a 57 to 63 win season.  They'll go far in the playoffs if not winning it all.

Only point I disagree with some folks on this board about is that the Spurs are for real.  With Ginobli, Parker, Neal, and Jefferson + Bonner, they have a very good half court game and can be well suited for the playoffs.  Their weakness is that they are NOT big and in the playoffs, the Lakers could give them real trouble with size.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Thank you for dragging yourself off the couch to post this enlightening thread. I assume you felt that way last year also? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics have been in trouble since KG injured his knee in February of 2009.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : You give me too much credit. Believe me, if I really had that much power or influence, the C's would be 0-82...EVERY YEAR.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You're the troll, Qdaddy!

What did I say? With or without KG the Celtics will beat the Kings because of you, Qdaddy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : I hope that you are right. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I'm only half correct, Qdaddy made sure the Celtics would beat the Kings. 

Give credit where credit is due, good things happen when our magical troll, Qdaddy, shows up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : This is pretty much "standard operating procedure" on this board. All the sunshine pumpers are "giddy with delight" with the C's quick start....talk of a 42-2 start...total domination by the defense. Then the injuries start taking a toll...losses start mounting...all the negative talk begins. Like I said before, it'll all even out. The Spurs will hit a rough patch, so will the Heat and the Lakers will be there in the end.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Kinda like the Fakers talking about winning 70 games?  Guess you forgot about that. Even Kome was talking about it be a possibility.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : Wow P34, you're really stepping out on a limb with that one...a team with 8 wins and playing in Boston! You'd better hope they do win cause you'll never hear the end of it...like last years loss to the Nets.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

If the Fakers keep playing 8 men every night they won't have anything for the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : I agree, they have been without their best player for 2 weeks and rushing him back is not a good idea no matter how many irrelevant games they lose in January. The thing that is odd is posters keep saying "seems like a replay" but then they leave out the fact that they took the Lakers to 7 games after playing 500 ball the last two thirds of the season last year. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is falling - just like last year and the outcome was almost number 18. People panic - last year they lost to the Clippers and Golden State and several other bad teams and after the season Doc basically said they tanked games to conserve minutes, etc. and it almost paid off. Worrying about them now is simply silly as I said in another thread when healthy they are the deepest and best team in the league and built for the playoffs.

I finally agree with you Dudder. Good Post

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

you guys are expecting the team to win without its best player...Really. They will do ok. but its all about kg BEING HEALTHY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: this teams in trouble : If the Fakers keep playing 8 men every night they won't have anything for the playoffs.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

They have 2 players from Jurassic Park, Theo and Joe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Any team that wants to win a title is in trouble.  It takes a lot of things to go your way and a little bit of Magic to win it all.  That's why it is special when it happens.  The whole team and the coach came back to make another run - I'd say they're doing exactly what they need to do - and honestly looking a little better than last year.