tick, tock, tick, tock...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

tick, tock, tick, tock...

30 days and counting... It'll pass in a flash. For those of us that live outside the network area, this will be a good year to get LeaguePass. You'll be able to watch all the games that aren't being broadcast on ABC, TNT, or ESPN, which this season will be most all the games. Or there's some websites you can tune into as well. Plus you can watch Paul and KG alot too. 

Need something to get excited about. Right now, for me, it would have to be how KO looks out there against the best of the best. If he can duplicate some of what he did in the summer league out there, his future will be bright indeed. Will his skills overcome alot of the freakish athletic ability of alot of these guys he'll face? Will his lack of defense be a HUGE liability (probably)? If so, his face will be on the wanted posters of veteran teams to attack over and over again. Will Stevens' (defensive minded) style of play be able to offset alot of this teams defensive inadequacies (probably not)? Too, I look forward to how coach Stevens style of play will look in general. Is he going to be timid with the calls/refs since he's the new guy? When will he get his first technical? Overall chemistry? Rondo at the helm?

What will you guys be watching for most this season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re: tick, tock, tick, tock...

How quickly we can insure our lottery position within the top five...that would be way cool...

Maybe how long it will take for Rondo to get into a shoving match with Stevens during a game....then we'll be done with Rondo, thank God!

When will Green finally put 3 good games in a row...but I'm sure that will mean he'll sit out the 4th...he's such a phony "star"

Whether we'll get a legit center this year, by any means necessary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: tick, tock, tick, tock...

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

30 days and counting... It'll pass in a flash. For those of us that live outside the network area, this will be a good year to get LeaguePass. You'll be able to watch all the games that aren't being broadcast on ABC, TNT, or ESPN, which this season will be most all the games. Or there's some websites you can tune into as well. Plus you can watch Paul and KG alot too. 

Need something to get excited about. Right now, for me, it would have to be how KO looks out there against the best of the best. If he can duplicate some of what he did in the summer league out there, his future will be bright indeed. Will his skills overcome alot of the freakish athletic ability of alot of these guys he'll face? Will his lack of defense be a HUGE liability (probably)? If so, his face will be on the wanted posters of veteran teams to attack over and over again. Will Stevens' (defensive minded) style of play be able to offset alot of this teams defensive inadequacies (probably not)? Too, I look forward to how coach Stevens style of play will look in general. Is he going to be timid with the calls/refs since he's the new guy? When will he get his first technical? Overall chemistry? Rondo at the helm?

What will you guys be watching for most this season?

This will be a tough season to watch.  There a just too many participants trying to discover their place, including Brad Stevens.  At the same time, the roster is pretty discombobulated.  Some possible story lines for me:

1)  Can Olynyk be effective at 5?  Otherwise Olynky and Sully will clash for playing time.

2)  Can Jeff Green develop a game going left?

3)  Can AB finally step up on the offensive end?

4)  Who will get traded and when?

In order to compete, the Celts need one more super star to emerge.  Who will that be?  Otherwise the rebuild will be quite long.

And yes, the League Pass is on.