Tied at 80 and what happened

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Tied at 80 and what happened

Wow, somehow the Cs got the game tied at 80. They gave me some false sense of hope. Then, they just gave up. Disappointing for them. They just looked beat and defeated. I just don't see how they can manage to hold home court playing like this. The good news, Lester one again and the Bs look pretty darn good. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Tied at 80 and what happened

I say they looked intimidated and demoralized.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Sometimes you just don't have it.  We had our day in the sun but the Heat are the better team right now...that's just life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Tied at 80 and what happened:
    [QUOTE]Wow, somehow the Cs got the game tied at 80. They gave me some false sense of hope. Then, they just gave up. Disappointing for them. They just looked beat and defeated. I just don't see how they can manage to hold home court playing like this. The good news, Lester one again and the Bs look pretty darn good. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Bruins will make it to the Stanley Cup finals.  Just trying to remain optimistic.  At least if the Celtics don't make it to the finals, maybe another Boston team will.   The Red Sox still have a long way to go, but are playing better. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

yep....we are old and tired. now that we dont have a chance, i really dont care who wins the championship...just as long as the lakers dont...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Tied at 80 and what happened:
    [QUOTE]yep....we are old and tired. now that we dont have a chance, i really dont care who wins the championship...just as long as the lakers dont...

Posted by cfaninla[/QUOTE]

just as long as the Heat dont either!!!!!!! Pushing Lebron's ego even more than what it is right now would be awful to watch...and lets not even talk about Chris Overrated Bosh...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tied at 80 and what happened :  just as long as the Heat dont either!!!!!!! Pushing Lebron's ego even more than what it is right now would be awful to watch...and lets not even talk about Chris Overrated Bosh...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    just imagine how much you will hate the heat in 4-5 years when they have 4-5 titles

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

With all due respect to Doc, I believe what happened after the tie at 80 is that the Heat called a time out to change their strategy to returning to attack the basket. Doc allowed Baby to stay in instead of inserting Jermaine. Therefore, the Heat started to attack the basked causing the C's to back off from guarding the threes, and then Baby thought he could stop the run by trying the one on one approach to the rim. Unfortunately, Baby didn't get the calls and Heat hit some open threes and some slam dunks over Baby. By the time Doc re-inserted Jermaine, it was too late. LeBron, as a streak shooter does, hit a few shots and then believed he was unstoppable.

However folks, let's not give up on this year. The C's have two home games and Shaq will play. That should allow Shaq and JO to clog the middle and let Baby play the 4. Wishful thinking, maybe. If so, Go Sox and Go Bruins. Personally, I other than being good friends, I don't believe Doc and Danny have ever been on the same page. Not playing Billy Walker and Tony Allen, and not playing Sheed as Sheed thought he would play has caused the C's to lose out on at least one more championship. I despise the theory that young guys can't play because they are young. Do we have to any further than Blake Griffin or throwing away Joe Johnson and Chauncey!!! Where's Red when we need. Young guys with great talent can play the game!!! Jeff Greene's and Kris' confidence were shattered with Doc's philosophy. Although, Doc clearly leads the league in character and professionalism. Therefore, continued good luck to Doc with whatever he chooses to do.

I agree with "notrade's" posting on another page.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Doc benched JON and brought in BB...when that happened Miami started attacking Boston's weak interior repeatedly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Doc benched JON and brought in BB...when that happened Miami started attacking Boston's weak interior repeatedly.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]
     YES

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]Doc benched JON and brought in BB...when that happened Miami started attacking Boston's weak interior repeatedly.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I agree. The disappointing thing, to me, was that Doc did not recognize what was going on and let JON return. I'm not anti-Doc, however he is probably one of the most "by the book" coaches in the league. In contrast, KC Jones simply went with who had the hot hand and let Larry, Kevin, DJ and Chief, assist in "in game decisions". All of us that play basketball know that somedays no one can stop us and some days we can't throw a pea in the ocean.

Good post Tex.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tied at 80 and what happened :  just as long as the Heat dont either!!!!!!! Pushing Lebron's ego even more than what it is right now would be awful to watch...and lets not even talk about Chris Overrated Bosh...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

Well I got news for ya, if the Heat beat the C's you are probably looking at an LAL vs. Miami finals. C'mon Mavs!!

I agree with the earlier poster who said we haven't seen the Celts best yet.  Whether we will and whether it will be enough remain to be seen but this series is a long way from over.  All you out there calling this over should be ashamed of yourselves as Celtic fans.  This team will not quit and neither should the fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]Doc blew any chance of a split with his love for Baby. He played him a bunch in the Knicks series too when JO was by far the better player. The defensive numbers are mindblowing with him on the floor vs JO. They plummet dramatically.  It's inexcusable for a coach to disregard the facts. I'm not even a plus minus person but he's -35 in 2 games !!!! Which automatically brings down every other player on the floor with him down. He's atrocious but Doc puts him in so that his fault. Somehow he thinks a 6-7 player who can't jump, is a poor rebounder and is a black hole on offense is helping the team. Too late now.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Tompenny, minus a bit of the emotions, although my wife almost threw me out of the house last night, it is extremely frustrating to see where a change is needed then to read the posters agree only to find that Doc is going to stay with what he "wrote in the back". Baby is not only frustrated, he's pressing and acting confused out there. Come on Doc, play Baby where the situation fits, call timeouts sooner than later, and please let the guys play by their natural talents.

Disclaimer again- I am not anti-Doc, however we all make mistakes where making adjustments are necessary. It's definitely not too late to come back. By the way what was the point in passing on Leon Powe for Troy if Troy is simply going to warm the bench. There is no way that Leon allows the other team to consistenty drive the lane and end up standing up!!!