Time for Jeff Green to Start

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Time for Jeff Green to Start

Green hasn't been too bad but he really hasn't responded well to coming off the bench. Say what you will but Greens numbers weren't too shabby in OKC as a 4 in the western conference that has bevy of good PFs. Actually I would like too see Green start and PP be behind coming off the bench. He already seems to bve wearing down a little and its only January I think if for a month or two it would help him come April.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green hasn't been too bad but he really hasn't responded well to coming off the bench. Say what you will but Greens numbers weren't too shabby in OKC as a 4 in the western conference that has bevy of good PFs. Actually I would like too see Green start and PP be behind coming off the bench. He already seems to bve wearing down a little and its only January I think if for a month or two it would help him come April.

[/QUOTE]

+25 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Show new a plus minus stat and I will show u someone making excuses.  It's a worthless stat, especially for one game

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Something needs to change dramatically.  For starters Doc needs to shake something up and its not Collins starting. Here are a few things I would do:

1.  Start Green-  either in place of Pierce or with Pierce.  Either way.  If he starts for Pierce he HAS to be more agressive. Period.  Pierce should have one main job coming off the bench.  Doc should tell him to score- Period

2.  Sully needs 35 minutes a game.  We would finally have someone that would average double figures in rebounds if this happens.  Yes he would make mistakes but he would bring more positives than negatives.  This reminds me of Al Jefferson, playing 17 minutes a game while Raef ate up all the minutes, while we continue to lose.  We also knew Al would be a player at the time but Doc continued to trot Raef out there.  Sully will only get better and better the more he plays.  He is so young as well.

3. Collins  brings nothing to the table other than he is a veteran.  Sit his but down.

4.  Quite the 5 minute crap with KG.  Let him play 35 minutes a game.  Give him games off just like Pop does with Duncan.  Worrying about the playoffs would be the furtherst thing from my mind at this point in time.

5.  I would check on Dalembert.  See what it would cost to get him. Who would you rather have playing - Collins or Samual?

Ainge better be working on something.  Only problem with Green starting is if he struggles big time we are stuck with him.  Keeping him on the bench leaves open that he might flourish with starting and a new system.

Why is Docs system so hard for new guys to succeed in?  JO is playing better for Phoenix than he ever did for us.  Wouldn't it be nice to see some backdoor cuts every now and then instead of passing the ball around the perimeter?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

So much needs to happen for the Celts to be one of the top teams!

Last night's  shooting stats were abysmal w/o RR to distribute the ball. Celts can't/won't/don't keep up with the younger, more athletic teams this year. They are inconsistent and their points allowed is through the roof lately. Wide open looks for easy points.

They are a jump-shooting happy team and that will only take you so far.

PP 4-20; Jet 6-19; Green 2-11. Doc calls it "hero" ball where individuals try to win the game by themselves. that's what I'm seeing--plus very little inside game.

Trying not to over-react but the Pitino comments are worth noting. He blew up the team and it took years to recover. Would like to see more of Green and Sully and Bradley's return should help.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know neither PP or Green are 2s but they would win more matchups than lose combining on opponents 2&3. I also realize that AB is coming back and then it would be them combining on opponets 3&4 and I still think we have an advantage most nights

[/QUOTE]

You didn't see how Green couldn't take advantage of a guy like Steph Curry in the low post?

Jeff Green just doesn't have that scorer's mentality.

[/QUOTE]

Green was a +5. Not worried about one post up.

[/QUOTE]

You must have forgotten all those bad games Jeff Green had in November and this month.

The point is Jeff Green's 9 points per game is not worth 9m per year. 

If Jeff Green is a role player, like James Posey, then 9 points per game is fine. But the Celts traded for him to be Pierce's successor. 

And stop it with the +/- stuff, Kirk!

Sure Jeff Green was a +5, but the Celtics lost by 18!

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with you about Green.  So far the trade for him is proving to be a bad trade.  We have needed another big man since we traded Perk. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

IF Green is not a scorer, then the Celts are in for a long year. He has had the heart surgery and that will take some time for him to get into shape.

You may be kidding yourself if you think he has great trade value at this point in the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to champs08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IF Green is not a scorer, then the Celts are in for a long year. He has had the heart surgery and that will take some time for him to get into shape.

You may be kidding yourself if you think he has great trade value at this point in the year.

[/QUOTE]
    Good point about Green.  We really won't know his true impact until next year.  I can't imagine that someone recovering from heart surgery is still contributing on the same level that he would have if  he didn't have the surgery.  His trade value would be very low at this point.  He also deserves another year to show if he can be an impact player for the Celtics. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

I'm willing to give Green more time and apparently you are not.

Also I've never been a big fan of Amare. Seems very temperamental to me.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Show new a plus minus stat and I will show u someone making excuses.  It's a worthless stat, especially for one game

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Plus and minus is the only stat that takes into account the entire game. It shows who our best players are.

Click on the link....

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213BOS.HTM

[/QUOTE]

Jeff Green is -0.1 according to that link of yours. So you just contradicted yourself.

Pierce is +7.6

KG +4.6

Terry +1.4

Rondo +4.7

Jeff Green is -0.1. 

A player who's a -0.1 is worth 9m per year?

[/QUOTE]

Green has been playing better over time. He is coming back from open heart surgery for Christ's sake. I don't want us to pull another Pitino.

Starting him at the 2 with Pierce is the way to go.

[/QUOTE]

So in other words you don't believe your own arguement?  I am sick of this heart surgery excuse.  I had the same thing.  His heart recovery has nothing to do with it.  Its a hell of a lot easier to come back from  than back and knee injuries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

Amare's scoring average dipped to 17.5 ppg last year from 25 ppg the previous year. Plus he's coming off an injury and is not in shape.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All I saw was two old and slow players in Pierce and Terry.

Green was a +5 with 9 rebounds in a game where we were blown out.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk, Green was only 2-11 from the field tonight. 

Let's just put it this way, Sully played 25 minutes and ended up with 12 pts and 8 rebs while Jeff Green had 6 pts and 9 rebs in 34 minutes.

And Green is just a 3 rebound per game guy. It's not like Green has always rebounded the ball well. In fact, Green has never gotten more than 9 rebounds in one game this season!

[/QUOTE]

Green was +9 because the Celts suddenly focused on trapping  Curry forcing a flurry of turnovers.  A lot of these were caused by Terry.

While I understand that Green will be better served with consistent minutes, doing that will only be possible if the Celts throw in the towel and embrace faster rebuilding.