Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute:
    [QUOTE]If I get what PHX and CeltFanLA are saying correctly it's kind of hard to argue against their point. I wouldn't start Moore, and I wouldn't give him the majority of the minutes at 2-guard, but I could see giving him some run. You can't really say playoff pressure is the issue and a reason not to play him when up until the injury Avery Bradley was going to get the starter's minutes. Bradley has far less D1 big game experience than Moore (3 years less/3 tourneys less) and only one NBA season advantage, with nothing that would amount to high-pressure minutes on the floor. As a matter of fact, earlier this season Bradley was going to be sitting in favor of Moore, until Avery suddenly proved he could defend.  Moore is still the better passer and might be a slightly better shooter.  Moore has also been fairly sharp on his defensive rotations. Moore is from a major NCAA program, was a defensive All-America pick and knows all about single-elimination playoff pressure.  I don't think he's exactly going to have a panic attack out there. Regards
    Posted by NYCelt[/QUOTE]

Nice point NY.  I couldn't agree with you more. Personally I believe that most guys either can handle pressure or they can't. Maybe sometimes you learn it, but for the most part you either got it or you don't. Is that pressure any more than a guy that gets minimum wage and playing a high dollar golf match with a $200 dollar putt on the line? I don't really think so. Pressure is mental.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Moore reached his ceiling at Purdue and hasn't improved with the C's. He is what he is, practice player and garbage time guy. Good end of bench guy, but not a player. Not athletic enough to play. Depending on how the draft unfolds and which FA sign, I don't expect Moore to be on the team next year. Haven't seen anything from him the entire year that says he should get time over MP or a hobbled Ray.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Give E'Twan Moore His Chance To Contribute:
    [QUOTE]Moore reached his ceiling at Purdue and hasn't improved with the C's. He is what he is, practice player and garbage time guy. Good end of bench guy, but not a player. Not athletic enough to play. Depending on how the draft unfolds and which FA sign, I don't expect Moore to be on the team next year. Haven't seen anything from him the entire year that says he should get time over MP or a hobbled Ray.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Well, lets he has not improved because the lack of minutes. Moore has not reached his ceiling in my opinion. He is a good and smart player, just needs more minutes. Most important, the guy is a winner, and has that mentality.

As a senior at East Chicago Central High School he guided the Cardinals to a 4A state championship over a North Central team led by future lottery pick and Los Angeles Clipper Eric Gordon. His 107 wins in four seasons at Purdue ties him for the most in program history with teammates JaJuan Johnson. He has been a part of four NCAA Tournament teams, two Sweet Sixteen teams, a regular season Big Ten championship and a Big Ten Tournament title.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I expect Moore to be part of the Celtics team for a while..he is a rookie, comparing him to two vets, on a hoaf??? He has much more to provide...just not right now...A player doesn'nt need to be "athletic" to contribute..Hes a shooter and has a scorer mentatlity...with more seasoning, i think he will be a nice compimentary player off the bench...a sasha type of player...maybe better...

5. This post has been removed.