Time to go with younger players?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Time to go with younger players?

Shoot I think we should keep Collins playing and give him  more minutes.  He was only a minus 7 against the Clippers while everyone else were minus24.  

His name need to change to Collins And OOne.   He usually scores 1 point, gets 1 rebound, 1 turnover, sometimes 1 block.  He does excel in getting fouls.  

I want Sully to get 38 minutes a game.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

players look slower than they might seem when they are mentally wading throught he molasses swamp that is doc rivers' ultimate highest possible levels of incompetence.....

but we do need to get younger.  wasting time with this farce of a core and supporting cast is not fruitful.  i'm not for panic-trading but nothing is sacred except the young undervalued and not yet quantified talent we have.  maybe four players. 

probe diligently to find deals to bring us to a better team and throw doc rivers under the bus of malaise that he has built for this team while you're at it

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

players look slower than they might seem when they are mentally wading throught he molasses swamp that is doc rivers' ultimate highest possible levels of incompetence.....

but we do need to get younger.  wasting time with this farce of a core and supporting cast is not fruitful.  i'm not for panic-trading but nothing is sacred except the young undervalued and not yet quantified talent we have.  maybe four players. 

probe diligently to find deals to bring us to a better team and throw doc rivers under the bus of malaise that he has built for this team while you're at it

[/QUOTE]
    Doc did not put this team together...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

like I said earlier..I can stomach a young team trying to get better...Sully will get better..

Melo will get better...AB will get better..other than that, what's left...??Rondo just dribbles around and looks for open players...not necessarily a bad thing, but when you are down double digits, we need to score...I don't know if he can change his approach anymore..

and that matador defense just makes it so easy for the other team to gain confidence...all the guards we face look like all stars when they play us...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yes, let go of this season and play younger players more.  We have pretty good potential on the roster (Sullinger, Melo, AB).  Have another good draft and aim for the next season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" i'm not for panic-trading but nothing is sacred except the young undervalued and not yet quantified talent we have."

That's exactly how Ainge has played it, not sure why you are complaining. The guy works the phones, we know that. If anything he pulls the trigger too fast. He doesn't want to panic trade yet and you should support him on that.

Kirk - have to wait till Bradley gets back, but yeah, younger players. However it's tough because Doc desperately needs wins also, and if you play Jeff Green 40 minutes a night you are not going to win a lot of games because he hasn't shown he can bring it night in, night out. 

If we were better in the win column I would say yeah, bench Terry and play younger guys but not sure if you can totally do that right now. But: Bradley will definitely take some of Terry's minutes. I also think Doc has to feature Sully in the post-up game more. 

Fab Melo isn't coming up yet, folks need to let that go, it's too big a risk on his development for a team that's currently not close to accomplishing anything. I think Ainge also realizes it's not a good locker room right now, until that gets better he's gonna keep Melo clear. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I like some of the young guys but we have the wrong HC...  they'll get a few mins here and there.. spaced out.. never gettting it going, never consistent with who they play with... 

DOc had his moment of glory when the Big 3 joined forces... he should have faded into the sunset when his contract came up and the C's should have held tight to Tibs...

Docs not one to move from his script...hes robotic...  only thru injury do we have a chamce of seeing these young guys get a real shot...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think so.

Bradley, Sullinger, Green, Melo, etc...

But keep KG of course....

[/QUOTE]

If you are giving up,  then no its not time to go with younger players.  Give some of them time?  Yes most definitely.  Just as last year, and the year before,    I refuse to give up until I have no alternative.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ok, it's time to do something. We can't continue with Bass, Sully and Green as our primary F's.

We can't even beat the Kings!! It was a layup fest...56 points in the paint. Rondo doesn't even play defense anymore.

So DOc is trying to convince us the Melo can't help us right now. They obvious aren't panicking since we haven't reached the All Star break, so let's see what happens.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

" i'm not for panic-trading but nothing is sacred except the young undervalued and not yet quantified talent we have."

That's exactly how Ainge has played it, not sure why you are complaining. The guy works the phones, we know that. If anything he pulls the trigger too fast. He doesn't want to panic trade yet and you should support him on that.

Kirk - have to wait till Bradley gets back, but yeah, younger players. However it's tough because Doc desperately needs wins also, and if you play Jeff Green 40 minutes a night you are not going to win a lot of games because he hasn't shown he can bring it night in, night out. 

If we were better in the win column I would say yeah, bench Terry and play younger guys but not sure if you can totally do that right now. But: Bradley will definitely take some of Terry's minutes. I also think Doc has to feature Sully in the post-up game more. 

Fab Melo isn't coming up yet, folks need to let that go, it's too big a risk on his development for a team that's currently not close to accomplishing anything. I think Ainge also realizes it's not a good locker room right now, until that gets better he's gonna keep Melo clear. 

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Our defense and offense is so bad right now that I don't think any move ahould be off the table. I would let Fab develop in the real NBA, start Green instead of Pierce and hope that Bradley plays defense like he did at the end of last season.  If we can't get rebounds, can't rotate on pick and rolls and can't make open shots and layups we will be well below a .500 team at year's end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like some of the young guys but we have the wrong HC...  they'll get a few mins here and there.. spaced out.. never gettting it going, never consistent with who they play with... 

DOc had his moment of glory when the Big 3 joined forces... he should have faded into the sunset when his contract came up and the C's should have held tight to Tibs...

Docs not one to move from his script...hes robotic...  only thru injury do we have a chamce of seeing these young guys get a real shot...

[/QUOTE]

Thibs is gone.

Who's the alternative if not Doc Rivers?

[/QUOTE]

pHIL ..OR jvg..TYHRES 2 YOU SO DESPERATE FOR AN ANSWER