Tony Allen -32 vs Heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Tony Allen -32 vs Heat

Oh yeah, he's the missing link.  2-7 and 3 shots blocked by DWade!

He hasn't changed.  Flashes of brilliance coupled with meltdowns against the better teams!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Tony Allen -32 vs Heat

I wish we still had him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

TA struggles when he tries to be more than just a good role player.

still, I'm happy for him when he plays well, and take no joy in the fact that he had an off night

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

y r u messing with tony.. he is what he is... no way memphis is this good without. his attitude, energy and defense has trasformed that team. notice who was right on carmelo when he took that winning shot last week? TONY! eventhough melo made it, tells u how tony is perceived, to not only command that assignment but to have no help coming when they have battier and others, says a lot about who tony is! in boston, he sometimes did the same here but largely by default (if pp or ray had 5 fouls at the end or something) like against gordon in playoffs versus chicago. tone may not always win but he is always going to give u all he's got and give u 100%! btw, before yesterday's game, he had scored 20 points in back to back games! just sayin..he has averaged around 15 thus far as a starter. cut the man some slack... will u post such nonsense when he does well too?
    ''

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Allen -32 vs Heat:
    [QUOTE]y r u messing with tony.. he is what he is... no way memphis is this good without. his attitude, energy and defense has trasformed that team. notice who was right on carmelo when he took that winning shot last week? TONY! eventhough melo made it, tells u how tony is perceived, to not only command that assignment but to have no help coming when they have battier and others, says a lot about who tony is! in boston, he sometimes did the same here but largely by default (if pp or ray had 5 fouls at the end or something) like against gordon in playoffs versus chicago. tone may not always win but he is always going to give u all he's got and give u 100%! btw, before yesterday's game, he had scored 20 points in back to back games! just sayin..he has averaged around 15 thus far as a starter. cut the man some slack... will u post such nonsense when he does well too? ''
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

While trying to read through your post was difficult, due to its' text-language-like nature, I did manage to make it.
    I cut TA slack for 7 years!
    Every time I thought he was getting better, he would dribble the ball off his foot again
    Last week, there were TWO posts about him.  ONe blaming DA as letting him go without a contract offer, and the other blaming Doc that he never reached his full potential.
    I responded to both of those - his numbers this year mirror his career averages.  I said he shows flashes of brilliance, then disappoints on offense.
    He didn't wait around for a contract offer - he took the money from MEM and bolted.  I'm not saying I blame him for that, but it's hard to say we should have resigned him when he bolted so quickly.  Seems to me like he didn't want to be here anymore.
    Lastly, I think the whole TA discussion is moot.  As a coach, I have learned the futility in talking about people who aren't here and can't help us.  Tony Allen is NOT here and CANNOT help us this year, or next
    And he is now, what he has always been - when healthy, a very good on-ball defender, who has an inflated view of his offensive skills. I wish him the best, but still fail to see what all the fuss is about.  I also wrote the same "nonsense" when Posey left - for the money!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I agree Hedley. Spending money on extra years for Tony Allen types stopped this team from being able to attract big name free agents in the 90's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Have to agree with Hedley on TA also. He is what he is. He is a good on the ball defender with little offensive skills. I'll take Wafer over him in a heartbeat.