Tony Gaffney CPP back-up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Tony Gaffney CPP back-up

If healthy I believe TG will be CPP's back-up this year.. After part of a season to learn the system and if healthy, he is the perfect 3 or to occasionally defend the 2 against bigger guards and with experience and more strength be able to slow down guys like LeBron. A perfect replacement for TA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up

If you watched him play in the summer league then you would have known that Gaffney is nothing but a D-League player. In other words don't count on Gaffney making the cut in October. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up:
    [QUOTE]If you watched him play in the summer league then you would have known that Gaffney is nothing but a D-League player. In other words don't count on Gaffney making the cut in October. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I did (watch him)! After his foot was in better shape and toward the last games, he did much better and Yes, he does have game.. sorta of J.H. like with great BB presence, hustle  and intelligence. Can I add..he gets off the floor!

JMO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

That new guy P34, seems like a smart guy, i think i'll agree with him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up : I did (watch him)! After his foot was in better shape and toward the last games, he did much better and Yes, he does have game.. sorta of J.H. like with great BB presence, hustle  and intelligence. Can I add..he gets off the floor! JMO
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you saw from Gaffney but I think the Celtics can do better. Only way Gaffney is going to make the cut is if he outplays Marquis Daniels in training camp. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up : I don't know what you saw from Gaffney but I think the Celtics can do better. Only way Gaffney is going to make the cut is if he outplays Marquis Daniels in training camp. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with the new guy also ... Gaf has played a total of 7 games totaling 54 minutes during his career in regular season games and is no where near ready to back up PP ...  Period!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Let's see what he does in training camp and during pre-season games before we jump to conclusions either positive or negative about Gaffney.
       By watching him in pre-season, he is intriguing enough to be given a chance in pre-season and that's exactly what the C's management is doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see what he does in training camp and during pre-season games before we jump to conclusions either positive or negative about Gaffney.    By watching him in pre-season, he is intriguing enough to be given a chance in pre-season and that's exactly what the C's management is doing.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

or waiting to see who else might be released ... right?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Well regardless of how knowledgeable the "new guy" is we better get behind TG because at this point he is all we have.........the rumor mill seems to be pretty slow and have not heard anything about getting someone else......
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

Right now the Celtics have 14 players on the current roster but that does not include Gaffney and Lafayette. So saying that Gaffney is all we have is not accurate because the Celtics have yet to sign Gaffney or Lafayette for the 2010-11 season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I would go with Damien Wilkins. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up : Right now the Celtics have 14 players on the current roster but that does not include Gaffney and Lafayette. So saying that Gaffney is all we have is not accurate because the Celtics have yet to sign Gaffney or Lafayette for the 2010-11 season. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Now that's reading comprehension ... congrats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]I would go with Damien Wilkins. 
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

Probably a decent defender..30 years old..6'5..unable to guard or score the 3 pos..Von Wafer is better. We need a CPP back-up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up :  Probably a decent defender..30 years old..6'5..unable to guard or score the 3 pos..Von Wafer is better. We need a CPP back-up.
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]
    He's 6.6 while Tony was 6.4 and Wafer 6.5. Why shouldn't he be able to? He is taller then Hughes or Delonte... He is a good defender. I am not sure if he can defend the wing... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Gaffney CPP back-up : He's 6.6 while Tony was 6.4 and Wafer 6.5. Why shouldn't he be able to? He is taller then Hughes or Delonte... He is a good defender. I am not sure if he can defend the wing... 
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

Probably a toss-up with Von Wafer whom we already have.. I liked his pop! News is slow and patiently? we wait!