Too Much Love for KG

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Re: Too Much Love for KG

Kg has never been a banger, he never gets to the line consistently. I dont know why your acting like its a surprise. I agree with kg scoring 6 points wont cut it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from campari. Show campari's posts

relax buddy.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from campari. Show campari's posts

In Response to Re: Too Much Love for KG:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too Much Love for KG : Hard to relax when Rondo and Pierce gets blamed for KG ending up with only 6 points in 37 minutes.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    kg played badly. so did rondo and pierce. plenty of blame to go around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Maybe you should tell your hero, to wear his on shoes and not Shaq's, next game!!!  HAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Fierce,

I think you were taking Jump balls statements somewhat out of context.

I believe he was responding to Dudder's crap. If you look at his earlier posts on the subject, it looks like he slams KG for his poor performance as well as others. You may want to look at it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

KG had a very good game 4 against N.Y. and had a poor game against the Heat. Boston only loses by nine, and they were there till the end. Miami played their best offensive game and my bet is they won't be able to duplicate it. Boston played good D sporadicaly. Boston's offense was also sporadic. Delonte played pretty well and Jeff had a real good second half. Baby was off, Rondo was not that good and Pierce was thrown out after he started to warm up. The C's did not take care of the ball very well. All that said, damn, I like Boston's chances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]KG sukked and the team is to blame? Was it the team's fault that KG was 1-7 from jump shots?  3 for 9, that means KG only made 3 shots out of 9 attempts, is that Rondo or Pierce's fault too? KG cost us Game 7 last year when he can only come up with 3 rebounds compared to Gasol's 18 boards. STOP WITH THE EXCUSES!!!

Fiercest good luck making your point. I already expressed my opion about KG settling for jumpers was not going to cut it. And how he was not a threat from out near the arc to the Heat. His play from out there only makes it easy for Heat to defend not to mention he won't be getting any rebounds from out there. He needs to be in the post where he would end up getting to the line. Also, his post play would open up the perimeter. But I got lambasted. Told I knew nothing about the game. And how KG is not in there for offensive rebounds.  And on and on. 

On the good side, KG will play better as will the Cs in game 2. Adjustments will be made and I believe the Cs tie the series. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it that he can't even get to the FT line once in 37 minutes?

does it matter?  is it worth lamenting over?  if KG gave his paycheck back for game 1 would you get any of it?

the whole team played a lousy game from start to finish save for ray allen.  the ball movement was bad.  the play calling was as bad. 

why on earth did pierce and rondo gather in early "hugging" fouls like they did?  nothing made sense to me.  that kg played horrible just like the rest of them seemed to make sense.

it's not an excuse, but it also won't last.  kg vs. rupaul has historically been a disaster for rupaul.  now that kg's older, maybe not a landslide in kg's favor, but watch for kg to get some tonight.

better question is why did we not post up THREE PLAYERS plus some jeff greens against this toothless inside miami heap defense?  joel anthony can't deal with 6-11 guys or davis' bulk. 

yes, kg is going to ahve to roll up the sleeves.  but the play calling has to be such that three of our bigs get down there and get some touches in the post.  the playcalling in game 1 was miserable.  ball movement even worse.  add that up with hellen keller perimeter defense and you have a miracle that we only lost by 9.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Wait a minute - despite all else Miami only won by nine points while Jones shot out of his mind and Wade and James were given free passes to the foul line every time they had their hands on the ball.  32-18 FT differential, Wade was +8 and James was +1.  KG? +6.  Wade scored 38 (not likely again in this series) Jones scored 25 (also not likely to repeat).  The defense was geared to their three best players and aside from Wade's explosion, they did that - they just didn't play Jones tightly enough, obviously).  Pierce gets tossed on a bad call (NBA has "apologized" by taking away a flagrant, not admitting that the pick was legal, as they should) and doesn't get a chance to finish.  They only lost by nine and any number of differences could have produced a win.  Focusing on KG is petty and overstated.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

P34, this was the full posting  under "why we lost… its simple." First post: KG had a terrible game. However, this loss was a team effort.

On offense, all passing in the first half, when it happened at all, was always one or two seconds late, allowing the Heat to recover after Celtic movements. Rondo, Baby, and Pierce tried to play hero ball in the first half, dribbling through double and triple teams. Ray had a good offensive game, but his defense was a disaster. KG missed his first few shots, and then deferred to others. Rondo and KG gave stupid fouls in the first period. While KG played Bosh even, we should expect more from our star.

Why did they lose? Because they did not play "pick your poison offense" with good ball movement, and in a very un-Celtic like way, too many players wanted to be heroes. They also went away from KG and JO in the low post too early and never really came back to it. 

Jones had the game of his life, and the Heat were firing on all cylinders. I think the most amazing thing was that the Celtics could play as bad as they did, the Heat could play as well as they did, and the Celtics only lost by nine points.

The Celtics did not play Celtic basketball. That will change in game two.
      Dudders post: "pick your poison offense" is great in theory but go stick your head into a bee's nest and then try to play basketball..... when the other team is swarming to the ball on every possession it is tough to do what you want.

There are any number of games that are over in the first quarter that end up within 10 points, this was one of them... the scoreboard said 9 points but the reality of the situation is the score at one point was 29 to 16, a 13 point lead - so they went 3 quarters of the game and outscored the Heat by 4 - wow....
      My Response:  Pick your poison offense requires a team mentality. They move the ball to the open player. That did not happen in he first half, for the starters, or the bench.

For the Starters, both Rondo and Pierce insisted on being the hero, and only passed when there was no other choice. When that happens, cutters sit and wait for the ball that comes too late, and guys that create temporary space near the hoop, get the ball after the defender has already reacted.

The reason it looked like the Heat were a bee's nest, on defense, is exactly because of the hero attitude.

All year Pierce has been a team first role model, however on Sunday, it looked like the Nike ad hype of James vs. Lebron was too much temptation, and he reverted to play styles from previous years. Things got better in the second half, but wow, the Celtics did not look like the Celtics in the first half.

For the bench, Davis decided that he was Lebron James, and tried to dribble through triple teams multiple times. Green was more aggressive on offense this game, but he has much to learn on defense. Maybe Davis should shut his mouth and play.

This is the first time since 2008 that I have seen the Celtics react in such an un-Celtic like way, in a big game.

I think game two will display the attributes of Celtic play again. Celtics in 6 or 7
     I stand by statements. That is the rest of the story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

...too much love for the whole team in game one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

He has not been psycho yet in any game in the playoffs!  He needs to go nuts tonight...the old KG needs to start swearing and fist pumping and slamming the ball down...he needs to run the floor with Rondo!  Get those two going and watch out suckers! 

PS, LAKERS SUCK....THEY ARE DONE!  STICK A FORK IN THEM! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What is the point in defending anyone player and then pointing out the loss was due to the most valuable other two players on the team Rondo and Garnett.  They are entitled to an off night and will respond almost certainly.

When Pierce was 0 for ten this year against the Heat in Febuary I think. I said he would come back and get thirty the next game and he did. Look for something just like that tonight.  These guys are the core of the team and pointing out one or two not showing up when each one is a proven playoff performer makes no sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

He didn't play well but KG was and is our cornerstone, he changed the culture of this ballclub when he arrived. Without him no #17, no winning culture. He dragged us out of the swamp of oblivion! He deserves a little more love. 
    And he'll turn it around! I hope Rondo can do the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]He didn't play well but KG was and is our cornerstone, he changed the culture of this ballclub when he arrived. Without him no #17, no winning culture. He dragged us out of the swamp of oblivion! He deserves a little more love.  And he'll turn it around! I hope Rondo can do the same.
    Posted by srinivasa[/QUOTE]

AMEN brother!!!

23. This post has been removed.